On 5/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, JHDK said:

@M A R T I A N

I just got a:

Never Ending Double-Barrel Shotgun.

Fuck me.

Time to pump up gun stats, methinks.

EDIT:

Named it... God Mode.

Lol yeah that was my first playthrough too. There's so many unique weapons to find in F4 man. Wait till you find *The Baseball Bat*. 

You got me curious about revisiting the game, so I looked up some info and recent mods on it...Turns out there's actually a mod that enables Achievements even with mods enabled... 

679429344_tenor(1).gif.c06d586b39c150d118256e09ccef202f.gif

You try to escape the Commonwealth but somehow they just keep pulling ya' back in.... 

tumblr_bbfa9b6736900986424a96b12dfcd828_b8161e00_1280.thumb.jpg.e3755ae61da4bfc417504dce4f98dfee.jpg

Oh, I also finished RE8. Took about 15 hours according to Steam. 

I really wanna do a video review so I'll hold off talking about it too much here, but man, I pretty much agree with you @Hawkingbird. Was a fun ride from start to finish.

Loved the RE4 vibes. Graphically they continue to push the bar, music and sound design were very on point, voice acting... Was a bit hit or miss honestly, but I think that's a pretty common theme in RE lol. It still somehow has that cheesy charm to the dialog that these games have had since day 1.

The enemy variety is awesome and a much needed change of pace from 7. That was always one of my biggest gripes with that game despite loving it. Duke is awesome and so are all the new guns. The map is awesome. The puzzles are awesome (maybe a tad too easy) and the secrets are awesome. So much awesome to go around. 

I think the game is just a TINY bit too setpiece heavy, but I guess that's largely during the first half and most of them are honestly really fucking cool. Cool enough not to skip them on my second playthrough even. 

Overall, I enjoyed myself immensely. I think this game is definitely superior to 7. I have a lot more to say than this about it though so I'll save that for the video script. 😉

EDIT: Bonus little Twitch clip from when I was streaming. You actually get to see me realize my fate and just give up in real time, lmfao. Spoilers obviously.

https://www.twitch.tv/martian_ttv/clip/ProudResilientAlpacaTBTacoLeft-bE23AlC-FxSVauZ7

Edited by M A R T I A N
37 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

think the game is just a TINY bit too setpiece heavy, but I guess that's largely during the first half and most of them are honestly really fucking cool. Cool enough not to skip them on my second playthrough even.

I dislike the slow beginning. It was great in the first playthrough but on repeated runs they are annoying. Seeing how Capcom designed this game to be played multiple times they should have been better about this. 

Also any weapons that can't be upgraded is trash. Grenade launcher is horrible. If it wasn't for crowd control it would be useless. 

I didn't even notice some couldn't be upgraded. Damn. That almost seems like an oversight. I wonder what the patches/DLC for this game will look like, assuming that happens. 

And yeah, while I love the setpieces and cutscenes the unskippable and slower sections do already make for some annoying moments on a second playthrough. Like the first section of the game where you're walking through snow in the dark; genuinely freaked me the fuck out on the first playthrough. On repeated ones, it's kind of just agony walking to the next area in slow motion. 

Mercenaries seems cool too, I'll have to check that out more. Only cleared the first stage with an A so far. I do miss the RE5 style of mercenaries though with all the characters and their unique loadouts and abilities. Probably still my favorite version of it to date 

51 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I didn't even notice some couldn't be upgraded. Damn. That almost seems like an oversight. I wonder what the patches/DLC for this game will look like, assuming that happens.

It feels like an intentional design choice. 

Spoiler

None of Chris's weapons can be upgraded. Maybe they are fine for runs done in standard but in hardcore and village of shadows where enemies are bullet sponges they are useless. Chris's knife is the only good one. That's if you gonna do a knife run.

Man... every time I take a gander at PSN and the upcoming releases, pretty much all I see are games with 3 to 5 different iterations, ranging from "bare minimum stripped down" at $60~70, to "all base content included" at $70~$90, to "all base content plus bonus content and/or Season 1 DLC" at $90~$120.

It really makes me give zero fucks for anything new, anymore.

Guilty Gear Strive's pricing scheme (yes pun) killed any and all chance that I will ever even play it.

Fuck that shit.

And LMMFAO at Dual Sense controllers.

More like Duel Sense, and you already lost if you pulled the trigger.

Edited by JHDK
Kollean Phone Po-Po collupt as arr fuck.

my feelings about the strive beta are complicated.

like everything that doesn't involve fighting someone is a big wtf why is this shit like this?

like at some point someone had to sit down and come up with this stupid ass lobby and convince a bunch of people that everyone's gonna love this shit.

y'know, it surprises me that a shooter featuring "action figure" characters isn't a more common thing in video games... it seems like an idea a lot of companies would be trying to do, but I've only seen this be a thing on a few occasions--- there was Toy Soldiers on xbox  Live Arcade several years ago...and a follow-up to that (which is broken as hell, btw; don't buy it; it hits a point where you literally can't continue if I recall; I deleted the shit off my hdd.  I forgot where exactly the game breaks down, but as you can guess---since this game is now "old", there is no chance of it ever being fixed.), and there's one called HyperCharge on Switch from about a year or 2 ago... I don't remember any others....unless you count the "Army Men" games on Playstation wayyy back....but those were lame to me, since I've never been a fan of the little green army men figures. (*it was a tough sell to my generation, mostly because GI Joe already existed at the time, and those were naturally more appealing due to characters having specific identities and being poseable)   ...anyway, there's certain aspects of HyperCharge that look disappointing to me (*like the animations; they seem lackluster, imo)... this general game concept needs more companies taking a shot at it.  It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to come up with something great there.

Edited by MillionX

yo this dual sense is fuckin up my hands i realized i never use this shit much since i only play ps4 games with a  fightpad on ps5 or turn based jrpgs mostly but this shit is mad uncomfortable for me for some reason.

i normally use one of those fusion a fight pads that look sorta like a saturn pad those feel really good to me but the d pad will fall of those bitches in like 3 months of heavy use. so i wait for sales and get like 3 of them.( i know it's stupid don't judge me)

Edited by nickmanx5

I still prefer the xbox controller.  Lotta folk dont like the d-pad but I dont care about that.  I dont use it much outside of item selection and such.  If I play an FG or beat'em up I use an arcade stick.  Never really been a big fan of d-pad.

spacer.png

I would like to try out a ps5 controller though.  Just wanna feel that haptic feedback in action.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
6 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I still prefer the xbox controller.  Lotta folk dont like the d-pad but I dont care about that.  I dont use it much outside of item selection and such.  If I play an FG or beat'em up I use an arcade stick.  Never really been a big fan of d-pad.

spacer.png

I would like to try out a ps5 controller though.  Just wanna feel that haptic feedback in action.

I hate the resistance on the sticks on that pad (feels like there is none almost) and the bumpers feel hella fucking cheap. 

Otherwise it's a pretty good pad, but I still like the 360/OG S controller better far as Xbox pads go. I haven't used a PS5 controller yet. I really like the 4s aside from how often they seem to fucking break. 

8 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

yo this dual sense is fuckin up my hands i realized i never use this shit much since i only play ps4 games with a  fightpad on ps5 or turn based jrpgs mostly but this shit is mad uncomfortable for me for some reason.

i normally use one of those fusion a fight pads that look sorta like a saturn pad those feel really good to me but the d pad will fall of those bitches in like 3 months of heavy use. so i wait for sales and get like 3 of them.( i know it's stupid don't judge me)

Get an HRAP, or a Qanba.

I continue to swear by Hori, but goddamn it all if my PS4 Qanba isn't the single highest quality stick I have ever owned.

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I hate the resistance on the sticks on that pad (feels like there is none almost) and the bumpers feel hella fucking cheap. 

Otherwise it's a pretty good pad, but I still like the 360/OG S controller better far as Xbox pads go. I haven't used a PS5 controller yet. I really like the 4s aside from how often they seem to fucking break. 

4s break literally a 20th of the amount that 5s do.

Buying a PS5 is fucking dumb, at this juncture, imo.

8 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

Yeah, Duel Sense made my hands hurt after playing the GG beta for a while. Never had a controller cause me that much discomfort before. 

9 minutes ago, JHDK said:

4s break literally a 20th of the amount that 5s do.

Buying a PS5 is fucking dumb, at this juncture, imo.

Yea the 5 controllers seems to be an absolute mess as far as build quality is concerned and that fucking sucks. 

I plan to get a 5 later this year or some time earlier next year. 

I have 0 interest in PS5 right now. 

hard as fuck to find 

doesn’t have the library to justify the $500

also I have a feeling the neuropathy in my left hand would hate the gripping on the back, or whatever it is. Certain textures can wreak havoc on my hand putting in a state of irritation if not outright pain. 

For instance I can’t play my Xbone a lot due to the texture of the grip on my controller. It irritates the fuck out of my hand. I can only tolerate it for a few hours. 

lastly, I’m just enjoying my switch too much. Lol. I don’t give a fuck about Sony or Microsoft next gen hardware or games right now. 

Edited by iStu X

I'm sure they will release socks for the controllers soon enough. .

Yea the library is too small right now and besides can't buy one right now even if I wanted to, can't find them anywhere. 

There is a lot of enhancement features to the system tho that makes me want one simply as a replacement for my 4. 

Eh, I don't regret buying my PS5 at all. It still plays all the ps4 games I love at a better framerate, almost non existent load times and makes them look a hell of a lot better to boot. Pretty much makes ps4 obselete IF you can acquire one 

Sure, PS5 bit short on big exclusives, but the ones they do have are dope. But at the beginning, the ps4 and especially ps3 were both kinda short in that category as well, it's more of a long term investment on my end like previous generations 

Not mad at anybody who hasn't taken the dip yet tho, I get it. 

Edited by HD-Man
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

There is a lot of enhancement features to the system tho that makes me want one simply as a replacement for my 4. 

Playing most games at 60 fps has been the best part of owning a PS5. That and my introduction to the world of Souls.

Edit: speaking of Souls, I can't fucking wait for the PS5/PC port of Bloodborne that's releasing in September. Looking forward to playing that, for the first time, at 4K/60.

Edited by Chadouken
32 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Playing most games at 60 fps has been the best part of owning a PS5. That and my introduction to the world of Souls.

Yea currently my interest in a 5 is mostly about how it will make my currently existing library of 4 games that I still play regularly, better  I spend enough time staring at 30 second + load screens that a 5 would be worth the investment to speed those up alone and get me more of my free time back actually doing gaming. Then yea the 60fps bump and other such bonuses. 

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The best thing about the current gen consoles is the load time reductions. Don't get me wrong, I love 60fps but I love not wasting so much of my gaming hours staring at load screens.

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea currently my interest in a 5 is mostly about how it will make my currently existing library of 4 games that I still play regularly. I spend enough time staring at 30 second + load screens that a 5 would be worth the investment to speed those up alone and get me more of my free time back actually doing gaming. Then yea the 60fps bump and other such bonuses. 

I have a Samsung SSD in my Pro.

The load times are pretty much non-existent in Bloodborne, which is the only way I could tolerate them in such a game.

And loading screen quotes literally do not exist in DaSo3 and such.

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

How do you install one of those? Is it an easy mod, or do you need to be pretty tech saavy?

It is piss easy.

You literally just pop off a single bit of plastic, and unscrew 2 screws.

The hardest part is waiting a minute or two for the OS partion to download to your laptop whence to copy it over from.

16 minutes ago, JHDK said:

I have a Samsung SSD in my Pro

I don't have a Pro so the benfit I get from that isn't as good as what you get from it. 

Edit: My interest in 5 a is also where my interest in the best version of the last Xbox lies...what it can do for my Xbox/360 games. 

Edited by RSG3
37 minutes ago, JHDK said:

I have a Samsung SSD in my Pro.

The load times are pretty much non-existent in Bloodborne, which is the only way I could tolerate them in such a game.

And loading screen quotes literally do not exist in DaSo3 and such.

I had an SSD in my Pro. It was faster than the HDD but the Pro doesn't allow it to run at full speed.

So anyway, ennui was setting in, and I was about to just bite the bullet and go ahead and purchase RE8.

Then I remembered that it had pre-order bonuses.

So yeah.

Hard pass until Black Friday/whenever the Deluxe Edition hits $30.

31 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

If Xbox Series X can play original Xbox games, I may actually consider the system. Lookin for an excuse to dig Def Jam Fight for NY out of my mom's storage (assuming the rats haven't gotten to it that is 😂

It does.

It even makes them look better through upscaling and texture enhancements through the emulator.

What i actually came here to post tho was how it never fucking fails when it comes to running something on PC. The moment someone says to me" Its easy, trust me" I know Its going to be an absolute pain in the ass, involve a lot of googling and poking around other websites and overall just no where near "Easy" as i was promised. Big part of why the PC environment still pisses me off and just isnt where i intend to do any of my mainline gaming. I game on PC, but it still gonna be a while before it even becomes my main spot for gaming. Still too many fucking issues I have to QA myself to get shit to run right when all i wanna do is play. For me its still console>>>>>PC.

Edited by RSG3
2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It does.

It even makes them look better through upscaling and texture enhancements through the emulator.

What i actually came here to post tho was how it never fucking fails when it comes to running something on PC. The moment someone says to me" Its easy, trust me" I know Its going to be an absolute pain in the ass, involve a lot of googling and poking around other websites and overall just no where near "Easy" as i was promised. Big part of why the PC environment still pisses me off and just isnt where i intend to do any of my mainline gaming. I game on PC, but it still gonna be a while before it even becomes my main spot for gaming. Still too many fucking issues I have to QA myself to get shit to run right when all i wanna do is play. For me its still console>>>>>PC.

Honestly, console is just far more convenient for me at this juncture. Sure, modding and next level graphics are definitely a selling point of PC but you gotta have computer strong enough to run it and fuckin with all those settings is just a hassle to me

With a console, I just put the disc in and let it handle all of that. Not knocking PC Master Race but it just isn't for me cuz I'm a lazy fuck (sometimes). I just like to jump right into my gaming, I already lack free time as it is 

i think that's about all my hand's can take of the guilty gear beta i should've just downloaded the ps4 version so i could play with a different controller but oh well i guess.

i went in a pot player but came out a chipp main they are both hilarious to use when your learning a game i never even touched chipp before this game but holy shit is he effective at enty level nobody was blocking anything i did i was having the time of my life.

that being said i think everything about this game that doesn't involve fighting someone sucks and i'm not even sure how the fighting part is gonna look in 6 months. but ive already became a part of the fighting game consumer cycle so they got me until melty blood or an interesting granblue character comes out.

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Honestly, console is just far more convenient for me at this juncture. Sure, modding and next level graphics are definitely a selling point of PC but you gotta have computer strong enough to run it and fuckin with all those settings is just a hassle to me

With a console, I just put the disc in and let it handle all of that. Not knocking PC Master Race but it just isn't for me cuz I'm a lazy fuck (sometimes). I just like to jump right into my gaming, I already lack free time as it is 

I mean I was "happy" with ps2 era graphics, every generation update is just icing on the cake for me and I care more for the style you use and how you use it to create an atmosphere an all. So I'm never like "Gotta have to best graphics!" Because I was honestly satisfied years ago and it's all just gravy now going forward. 

The mods are awesome tho. Jelly. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

That's what I read on the internet. It's gotta be true, right? I bet we hear something next month if it is.

It's been rumored a couple times before as well. Hoping it's true this time, that game is the main reason I kept my PS4. Being able to play it where I prefer to with a better frame rate and using the online features again (not paying for ps+ when I barely used it) would be nice.

12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Edit: speaking of Souls, I can't fucking wait for the PS5/PC port of Bloodborne that's releasing in September. Looking forward to playing that, for the first time, at 4K/60.

I'll believe the Bloodborne port when I see it. Stuff like that has been announced before and nothing materialized, so I'm skeptical even though I believe it'll happen eventually.