Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

that shit is stupid, imo... it's VOICE acting... so it is not really important that the VA in question physically "matches" the character.  The whole thing is beyond silly to me.  By this logic, I guess Cree Summer wasn't supposed to be "Penny" in Inspector Gadget back in the day, since Penny is a blonde blue-eyed white girl.....but of course let me guess ...that's different (according to most "lefties"), right?  Minorities can play anyone and it's alright but if you are a white person, you should only be voicing the white characters, right?  Yeah ok guys 🤣  

I've been *slightly* interested in possibly doing voice-over work before (*if only I weren't so damn lazy about things; I've gotten compliments about the voice forever... the usual "you should be that voice-over guy on movie previews and radio spots"; I get that a lot).... and it would be a damn shame to be trapped in a "box" of such narrow character/voice options, imo.  I imagine that any VA with a good deal of range would feel the same about *only* being acceptable as white characters or black characters, or asian characters, etc. etc.  The whole thing is strange and astoundingly dumb, imo.  Then again... that sums up the current state of our society, imo.

Later on, I guess only gay people should be cast to *voice* gay characters as well, right?  Only trans actors to voice trans characters, right?  Only bisexual people voicing bisexual characters, right?  Oh dear a straight person voicing an lgbtq character would be so "problematic", right?  

Edited by MillionX

If she gonna step down then Phil Lamarr needs ago step down as Samurai Jack. Renounce his work as Vamp. On and on. 

And great she stepped down so a person of color could do the role....is she on the hiring team? Is she helping them choose her replacement? What actual input does she have in who gets to replace her?I highly doubt she has any say in this what so ever. She probably stepped down from a role she can't even garanteed is gonna go to a POC.

My real stance in Phil should keep doing Phil and she should a kept doing what she was hired to do. This is just top level virtue signalling imo. 

Edited by RSG3
21 hours ago, RSG3 said:

The building has to be the aspect of F4 I hated the most. That game really ground my gears in a lot of ways, but the building was the absolute limit for me. I ignored it and just did the crafting for guns and armor. 

What about it, if you don't mind me asking, was so hateable? I'm just curious.

As far as the whole "build a space and farm resources" trope goes I think it has a lot of customization and functionality. Especially after the new content they added like radial power distributors so you don't have to have powerlines connected to EVERY SINGLE device. 

Not a fan of the mat grinding? Building too tedious? 

eh if people choose to step aside for voice acting to give somebody else a shot whatever otherwise get in where you fit in or get the best person for the job. i doubt you always gonna be able to match race to character 100% of the time otherwise the persona 6 casting is gonna be a hilarious shitstorm.

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm one of the people that thought that Tropic Thunder was genius.  That was a hair from being full blown offensive but it rode that fucking line like a boss.  I've been seeing people getting upset about this movie now and I don't even think they watched the movie all the way through and understood that the movie knew exactly what it was doing.

There were some people that actually tried to get Robert Dowey cancelled over it. He told them to fuck off and it derailed the effort completely. 

oh yeah, with anime that would mean that no one outside of Japan should voice most of those characters, I guess...since in today's world, that's "problematic" I suppose.  Also, I guess women should no longer voice little boy characters either....can't have that kind of insensitive shit going on either, right? (*so I guess we look forward to an era of constantly hiring new male child VAs to play these characters due to voice changes via puberty... surely that's not at all a hassle and potentially expensive for producers/show-runners, right?  Nah...)

GEARS 5---Good thing I didn't try things out just yet with the new update....as is usual these days, sadly... there's problems; some people have lost progress and purchases, etc....yeahhhh I'm staying far away until there's an update to the update.  In the modern era, it's becoming a regular thing that one should avoid playing a game when an update *just* got released....because that update probably broke a LOT of shit....always best to wait for a while.

Take Two has 21 releases set to come out from now until March

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-6-unlikely-this-year-as-take-two-plans-21-games-for-release-between-now-and-march

2K's arcade NFL game delayed into next year

https://www.ign.com/articles/2ks-nfl-arcade-game-delayed-past-march-2022

Didn't even know this was being done

Don't expect anything on Hollow Knight Silksong at E3 this year

https://www.ign.com/articles/dont-expect-hollow-knight-silksong-news-at-e3-2021

On 5/17/2021 at 3:55 PM, JHDK said:

If you drop guns on the ground and scrap them from the workbench, it expands your building limit.

I have destroyed so many laser guns to achieve Ghettoplex over 1/3 of Sanctuary.

I just got to that island myself, I think.

I have 8 or 9 maxed water filters churning out purified water/cash, so far.

I just used the mod to remove build limits. The limit is only there to save on performance after all.

Ended up being one of those nights again. Spent just a little bit too long building and by the time I look at the clock it's already 5AM. 😞

On the plus side, I think Abernathy Farms has become my new favorite settlement. Amazing patch of land already set up for agriculture, comes with livestock and 4 settlers to start, tons of worthless junk to scrap, and it has the highest vertical build limit at a staggering 20 stories. So naturally I built my castle as high as possible...above all the filthy peasants. 

1.thumb.png.6782662eb0c108f1a3b0e472c94a737a.png

Hard to see neon letters up against this sign, but it says "Martian Trap House". 😎

Also gives you a really sick view of Concord, Sanctuary, Red Rocket, ect. 

gif1.thumb.gif.245b133800f839b956bc8d498f84b766.gif

Got a nice little work area to myself up here, and a stairway to heaven for going back and forth between the shops and my house. 

2.thumb.png.5cb39f391d2beb8e444a92f8198d13a2.png

3.thumb.png.22927c3e3e6b552d8f4789357987aebf.png

Finally got the crops sorted out and the shops setup this morning. Complete with a shitty break room in the back because I'm a merciful God. 

4.thumb.png.00f34edcc096a569c0ea3156deec4e06.png

ezgif-4-9c54f9b389c9.thumb.gif.99c097ab044a1ea23be3aaf9db46bb98.gif

I love this settlement because it's a very large space to work with but also very compact and neatly shaped. Spectacle Island is amazing as a building platform but the large size and location are both intimidating and inconvenient in a lot of ways. This location is very midland, cozy, and gives you a lot to already work with. 

Now I just gotta figure out what to do with the rest of this land under my house...

5.thumb.png.b8acbb0e03cb67d7c830e479f93fff69.png

(Ignore the slave shack where I make everyone sleep)

3 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I am glad to see I am not the only one who walls off a settlement 

Depends on the settlement. I feel like sometimes it just simply WILL NOT work. I remember years ago trying to wall off Spectacle Island and it was just such a pain in the ass that I stopped even trying. Here in Abernathy it's a very neat and shapely rectangle that doesn't cover TOO much ground and I can even make most of the walls the same material. There's also a matter of leaving your turrets space to shoot outside the walls, which can be hard without the two sided grate walls or placing them on the exterior.

With this place I'm trying to setup lots of watchtowers and assign snipers to them to cover the exterior, while having turrets mostly as a last measure deterrent , majority of them pointing towards the inside of the camp. We'll see how that works out. 

If anyone manages to climb in here, and I'm not there to snipe them from above, they'll be met with....harsh prejudice, to say the least, 

4 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I am glad to see I am not the only one who walls off a settlement 

I thought that was the only way you COULD do it.

I mean, and keep them in one piece.

@M A R T I A N

The very thing that caused me to begin this descent into madness, was that the Finch Farm got attacked, and I had to spend half an hour reloading in order to keep all four of the family members alive.

After that, I walled it off with fences as best I could, slapped down a small and large shack inside the perimeter, with all three set at chokepoint angles wherein I put the radio tower, water, and such, and then built 70 or so defense in turrets mainly just inside the gate and all around the O.G. farm and shack.

From there, I built a reasonably large 2-story sleeping quarters in the back to further fortify it.

I have built a great many, infinitely more elegant settlements since.

But I leave the heart of that one alone, only adding to its original patchwork menagerie of shapes.

It looks something rather like the new and improved version of Steve Martin's family's ancestral home in "The Jerk", but with much, much more firepower.

But by God, Daniel Finch's paper mache ass ain't died since.

Every time I stop by, he or someone else tells me about how they "cut some Raiders to ribbons".

I trained them up good.

Edited by JHDK

so I was checking out any info I could find on the Streets of Rage 4 DLC...

https://collider.com/streets-of-rage-4-dlc-characters/

Collider has a good read on it here... apparently character customization too!!  I need this to get released ASAP...

The free DLC, a treat in itself, will add the New Mania+ difficulty level to the game, a brutal challenge even for the most experienced players. For newcomers, the free DLC will add a training mode, in which it’ll be possible to test different combos and perfect the timing of attacks, a skill much needed to succeed in Streets of Rage 4. The free DLC will also new color palette options for all the playable characters, giving the player more freedom to adjust how their hero looks.

18 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The devs wanted to. Sony said no. Never played the game but I know it sold well enough for sequel. Sony made money on the game. I really don't care for Sony's direction these days.

Yeah it sold well, but due to the long development and the lack of buzz other Sony titles got around the time they just said naw. I have to think The Last of Us also being loosely considered a zombie apocalypse game also played a role in it. Same bullshit reasoning Nintendo doesn't want to make another Advance Wars since Fire Emblem is also a turn based strategy, they don't see the point.

Given how many Western RPG  and FPS studios they bought I really hope MS doesn't eventually grow that arrogant with their titles.

Got my preorder for the Zelda and Loftwing amiibo. I unfortunately had to go through GameStop’s dotcom to get it but my friend asked me to order him one as well so I got free shipping. 

@RSG3

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/toys-to-life/products/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-zelda-and-loftwing-amiibo/11146493.html

still available. You can try in-store too. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Got my preorder for the Zelda and Loftwing amiibo. I unfortunately had to go through GameStop’s dotcom to get it but my friend asked me to order him one as well so I got free shipping. 

@RSG3

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/toys-to-life/products/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-zelda-and-loftwing-amiibo/11146493.html

still available. You can try in-store too. 

Oh, the fact this is a $25 amiibo really pisses me off. It better be as bulky as the Magmalo or Detective Pikachu. If it’s a standard ass sized amiibo I’m gunna fight @RSG3’s uncle who works at Nintendo.