Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

52 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Small spoilers for Resident Evil Village

Hide contents

The reason why Heisenburg calls out Chris for Boulder punching is because in the Japanese version he calls Chris a fucking gorilla. Japan has been calling him a gorilla since 5. The lines basically trading one meme in Japan to one in the US.

When he yelled this out I had to pause and just literally laugh out loud. I love that they went there lmfao. 

That voice actress stepping down from Guilty Gear doesn't sit right with me, the whole "Hey only these people can play these characters" thing has already been addressed but what gets me is basically the disrespect to and lack of shits given about the product itself, to me it just reads as "I absolutely couldn't give a fuck about the experience of people playing the game having arbitarily voice switched between games or the overall quality of the game itself, my issue is more important", which tbh I just find to be an incredibly shitty mentality for someone trusted in part with bringing someone else's work overseas.

Makes me glad I play in sub as long as I cross my fingers none of the Japanese VA's get arrested with weed on them and get the "Project Judgement" (I think it was that game right? Was defintely a SEGA game that got completely revoiced) treatment which imo is just as bad but on a corparate instead of an individual level.

Speaking of animu fighting games Arcana Heart 3 got mad cheap again, it's just had an update which has taken it to full screen and rebalenced some shit, imo it's still one of the best fighting games out there

https://us.gamesplanet.com/games/offers/h2

Edited by Iduno
3 minutes ago, Iduno said:

That voice actress stepping down from Guilty Gear doesn't sit right with me, the whole "Hey only these people can play these characters" thing has already been addressed but what gets me is basically the disrespect to and lack of shits given about the product itself, to me it just reads as "I absolutely couldn't give a fuck about the experience of people playing the game having arbitarily voice switched between games or the overall quality of the game itself, my issue is more important", which tbh I just find to be an incredibly shitty mentality for someone trusted in part with bringing someone else's work overseas.

Makes me glad I play in sub as long as I cross my fingers none of the Japanese VA's get arrested with weed on them and get the "Project Judgement" (I think it was that game right? Was defintely a SEGA game that got completely revoiced) treatment which imo is just as bad but on a corparate instead of an individual level.

It was Judgment. 

6 hours ago, Iduno said:

Speaking of animu fighting games Arcana Heart 3 got mad cheap again, it's just had an update which has taken it to full screen and rebalenced some shit, imo it's still one of the best fighting games out there

https://us.gamesplanet.com/games/offers/h2

From what I read, the new patch illustrates that they clearly either completely lacked any driving design principles, or else completely lack the balls to stand up to shit-tier complaints from middling players with absolutely zero design experience, much less capacity.

It is now a dumpster fire within a dumpster fire.

Edited by JHDK
Middling is a word, Kollea.
10 hours ago, iStu X said:

HMMMMMM

I hope and pray it is a new game and not some weird wannabe rerelease VF5 aimed at esports.

The franchise deserves better but I can't put it past Sega as due to COVID and their own fuck ups the best stuff from them has been the Yakuza games, Atlus and the IP they let other developers work on like Streets of Rage 4.

^hahaha every time I hear that "Can You Feel the Sunshine" track....now it always reminds me of DSP memes and legendary "detractor" Almighty Tevin 🤣... Tev used that music a lot in some of his videos and re-streams about Phil. 

I'll finally dig into Gears 5's latest update/Operation 7 in a little while... hopefully they've sorted things out by now...

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I would buy one of these story expansions if one of them was a line up with BOTW proper instead of the wish fulfillment ending AOC actually has. 

That was my only real contention with the game is that the ending felt like a cop out.  I wish we had gotten to play through the way it actually happened or at least made it an option to do so.

9 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Maaaan...

That bonus ability exclusively available from the Skyward Sword Amiibo is some rank, unmitigated bullshit.

This is going to be the first Zelda Remake that I won't buy, simply because of this shit.

I feel like I might be one of the few people that was completely unimpressed by the ability the amiibo provides.  I'm seeing people mad about and when they revealed what the amiibo did I went 'meh'.  I mean it's nice and it can be pretty useful but I never really had much issue leaving a dungeon  (that's if I ever had the need to...which I didn't in SS)  or getting to where I needed to go switch between Sky and one of the land areas.  I thought being able to have Wolf Link has a companion in BotW was far cooler bonus for having an amiibo.

6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I 100% get why people are pissed about a quality of life feature being put behind essentially a $25 pay wall. 

But I also plan on never using it. So I don’t care lol. I just have a mighty need for plastic 

Speaking of this...were you able to preorder your amiibo?  I was trying to preorder it today and it looks like it's either unavailable or hasn't been put up yet.

God, I hate being negative.

That said... I find it rather hilarious, and telling, that Outriders is already on sale for 25% off, not even 2 months into its life.

125K peak numbers once the launch issues actually allowed players to connect to the servers.

7K peak, now.

It IS The WWWalking Dead.

It is the theme music to Anthem.

To quote SRK Vynce:

"Lel."

Edited by JHDK
5 minutes ago, JHDK said:

It is the theme music to Anthem.

Having played both, Outriders is WAY better than Anthem was. Anthem was cool in concept and had fun gameplay, but the endgame and loot was fucking TERRIBLE. Outriders, on the other hand, suffers more from technical and network issues. But they've gotten a lot better since launch and People Can Fly are continuing to support and fix it. The endgame and loot grind is engaging and the gameplay loop is fun as hell.

Not letting them of the hook, though. It's a shame we live in a time where unfinished games can be released and companies continue to get away with it. Yeah, I'm part of the problem because I buy them. But I buy them to play with some close friends who live across the country from me so it's more of a social thing than purely gaming.

13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Speaking of this...were you able to preorder your amiibo?  I was trying to preorder it today and it looks like it's either unavailable or hasn't been put up yet.

Yes. I preordered 2 of them actually. One for me and one for a friend. Got them off GameStops dotcom 

A bunch of stores throughout the day have been doing preorders off and on too. GameStop, Target, Best Buy and Amazon all had preorders up early afternoon around 11. 

Gamestop seems the most consistent place to get it though. It’s sold out and gone back up for preorder 3-4 times just today. 

your best bet is to follow cheap ass gamer, wario64 and amiibo alerts on Twitter. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, iStu X said:

Yes. I preordered 2 of them actually. One for me and one for a friend. 

A bunch of stores throughout the day have been doing preorders off and on too. GameStop, Target, Best Buy and Amazon all had preorders up early afternoon around 11. 

Gamestop seems the most consistent place to get it though. It’s sold out and gone back up for preorder 3-4 times just today. 

I'll have to check again tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'll have to check again tomorrow.

I edited my post a little but wario64, Cheap Ass Gamer and Amiibo alerts are great places for finding them. 

Also a lot of people in the amiibo subreddit have been saying they’ve been able to preorder in-store at GameStop but only as a site to home address order and not a in-store order. So the amiibo ends up being almost $35 due to shipping

Edited by iStu X

yep, as usual it pays off to wait when a new patch/update is out.  I got into Gears 5 tonight and everything was just fine; all my character skins/unlocks still there, even my skill cards were still equipped... better than it was in the past.... previously, whenever a new Operation/update was out, you had to "re-install customization", and re-equip your skill cards for the pve modes....

I've already gone up a few ranks in just the 3 Horde sessions I played tonight...hahah already at 2.9 million total damage done...and that's probably average or "low" compared to others that are really going all out with Infiltrator class.... even with the nerf from a few updates ago, that character class is still a bit insane, imo...extra defense via perks and "stim"....you have boosted shotgun damage + bleed damage going on, and an ultimate that makes you invisible, allowing for even more damage + instant executions. The power is delicious.  Heh, there was 1 Horde session I joined... came into the match late and still got an "MVP" ribbon 😆 I love this shit, man.  Of all the classes, I feel most "at home" when I'm running that Infiltrator.... currently I have it at level 19.

*I'm wondering if they adjusted how fast you get ultimate charge back recently... it seems I get it back faster since at least the previous Operation/update.  Demolitions class gets quite ridiculous with this... 1 session a few weeks ago, I noticed that right after hitting a boss on Wave 50 with that ultimate, I had my ultimate again right after that 🤣

RISING HELL is out...and yep, from the gameplay footage I've seen, I need to get this

https://youtu.be/Gp7mmdPkk3E

Edited by MillionX
14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

VGM Fridays!

Gran Turismo 2 had a really great OST. I played the hell out of that game back when I was in college and some of those tunes still stick with me, and I even used that percussive one you hear during the license trials as a guide for a track I pitched to a tv network. 

On the Dark Souls tip, this game is wild. Ill get stuck or end up with a bunch of shitty choices on my plate but then I'll find something that allows me to progress a bunch and it's fun again. I definitely see what people are talking about in terms of how good the world building is in this game. Sometimes it's a pain to have to go all the way back to the Firelink Shrine, but it really makes you have to make tough choices and it makes the world feel bigger with it being connected. Itmtruly is a 3d metroidvania.

I stupidly used the piece of Green Titanite I found in New Londo Ruins to upgrade my Mace with Magic, but I was able to find another piece of Green Titanite in the Catacombs and undo that. Joined the Gravelord covenant too, so I'm looking forward to messing with people lol!

Edited by DoctaMario

As of late, what's the best way to be on the lookout for PS5s? What should I be signed up to, or who should I follow? My current method of PS5 shopping is just waiting until there's a restock announcement and seeing what's what. That obviously hasn't worked.

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

As of late, what's the best way to be on the lookout for PS5s? What should I be signed up to, or who should I follow? My current method of PS5 shopping is just waiting until there's a restock announcement and seeing what's what. That obviously hasn't worked.

cheapass gamer and wario64’’s Twitter as well as signing up for alerts at different stores websites. 

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I followed twitter amounts that gave notifications whenever the console was in stock. These were the ones I personally followed

There are also some discord channels you can follow that do the same thing. 

Edited by Hawkingbird