Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

OUTRIDERS...

well, this "FASER Beam" ability on Pyro is even worse than I thought... I got the initial bad impression by word of mouth...people just saying it was bad....but damn, man...this skill definitely "needs help".  Part of this may be just because the rest of Pyro's abilities are SO good that's tough to justify switching anything out for the beam.  I'm only using it at the moment to get some progress on the "accolade" related to it. (hit 1000 enemies with Faser beam).... everything is is such a better deal that this skill seems laughable in comparison.

@MillionX Dude I'm stuck at Tier 10 Expedition with my Trickster. You got any tips on how to improve my build? Right now I'm rolling with Twisted Rounds with Perpetuum Mobile on my guns to keep the damage going. My other active skills are Hunt the Prey and Venator Knives.  My problem is I'm a little squishy. My damage output is decent but I can't stay alive once I get near the end of an expedition. There are some mods I know will help me, but I need to get lucky on a legendary drop for that to happen. I'm capped at gear level 44 and can't get to 45 until I get gold on Tier 10.

Edited by Chadouken
2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

@MillionX Dude I'm stuck at Tier 10 Expedition with my Trickster. You got any tips on how to improve my build? Right now I'm rolling with Twisted Rounds with Perpetuum Mobile on my guns to keep the damage going. My other active skills are Hunt the Prey and Venator Knives.  My problem is I'm a little squishy. My damage output is decent but I can't stay alive once I get near the end of an expedition. There are some mods I know will help me, but I need to get lucky on a legendary drop for that to happen. I'm capped at gear level 44 and can't get to 45 until I get hold on Tier 10.

ha, you're actually ahead of me... I think my Trickster is only up to gear level 39 at the moment... my Pyro surpassed him, and Pyro is only item level 41 now.... this is the first time I've played again in about a week or so since trying to get some last-minute "stars" on Gears 5 before the current "Operation" ends.

At least on paper, it seems like Trickster's best bet for survival is the slow time bubble... it's really tough for me to give up the safety of using that, otherwise the enemies probably will blast the shit out of me the moment I teleport behind someone.... then again, you do get shields automatically just for the teleport tricks....eh, I just always feel safer if I have the extra protection provided by slowed time.

25 minutes ago, MillionX said:

At least on paper, it seems like Trickster's best bet for survival is the slow time bubble...

Yeah I might have to change the knives back over to it and work on my cool down attributes to be able to use it as much as I can. Might reset my skill tree to accommodate it.

Outriders...

ohooooo I just got a legendary for finishing the last of the assassination sidequests--- "The Anemoi"...some raggedy wooden-looking shotgun; I like the design there... but the real deal--- a tier 3 mod "Moaning Winds" is on it!  This mod:

"Reloading creates a strong blast around you, dealing 44,440 damage to enemies in range of 8 meters." (the # goes up of course as you level, I think...currently for me this dropped as a level 40 on World Tier 13)  Since it's a shotgun, I may have to send this as a hand-me-down to my Trickster then, as that's all he uses in terms of firearms.

1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

A collection of upcoming chill grinding games:

I don’t understand how Stardew Valley is the new standard for Life Sim games. There’s tons of better Life Sim games out there and a lot of them have been around much longer than Stardew 

Edited by iStu X

@M A R T I A N

I decided to start building so as to keep my communities in shape, in Fallout 4.

I might have a problem.

Somehow 3 days worth of play have elapsed, and I haven't killed a single thing, and Sanctuary Hills is beginning to look an awful lot like Metroplex's ghetto cousin decided to sprawl out on top of it.

Edited by JHDK
On 5/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, Sonichuman said:

Google insists that Stadia is Alive and Well

https://www.ign.com/articles/google-insists-stadia-remains-alive-and-well-despite-studio-closure-departures

So we are currently at the denial stage...

stadia is alive and well?
Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif.e6d636e6c59921092fb7b16124925fb0.gif

No times no.  That thing bombed so hard that the virtual boy is breathing a sigh of relief from its grave.

26 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

stadia is alive and well?
Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif.e6d636e6c59921092fb7b16124925fb0.gif

No times no.  That thing bombed so hard that the virtual boy is breathing a sigh of relief from its grave.

Stadia is hard a live.

Like, old Modern English "a", pronounced as in "apolitical", meaning "not".

It is well, like wishes for pennies.

Edited by JHDK

ME3 multiplayer may return in the Legendary Edition

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-effect-legendary-edition-project-director-says-mass-effect-3s-multiplayer-could-return

Says they're waiting to see how people like Legendary edition to decide whether to bring it in which is....kind of weird stance to take on this.  This game isn't an evergreen Nintendo title.  How many months are people gonna have to wait for this maybe update and will they still have it in the library or even bother with coming back to the title for the update?  How many people after how many months?  Then we gotta start considering what does EA/Bioware even consider to be a good milestone to start to bring ME3 multiplayer into this.  Ehh...let's see how this works out.

23 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-effect-legendary-edition-project-director-says-mass-effect-3s-multiplayer-could-return

Says they're waiting to see how people like Legendary edition to decide whether to bring it in which is....kind of weird stance to take on this.  This game isn't an evergreen Nintendo title.  How many months are people gonna have to wait for this maybe update and will they still have it in the library or even bother with coming back to the title for the update?  How many people after how many months?  Then we gotta start considering what does EA/Bioware even consider to be a good milestone to start to bring ME3 multiplayer into this.  Ehh...let's see how this works out.

Calling BS. They just dedicating everything to make sure they don't look ass out like Blizzard with the Warcraft 3 remaster. Once the game drops so long as they get good sales then EA will let a small team work to restore the multiplayer. It is just like what many companies do with Switch ports, they wait until the base game is done, then either dedicate a small team or hire someone else to port it to the Switch leading to several months or even a full year delay.

hell yeah. Gears......I finished "General" rank just barely on time, since this Operation only lasts thru tomorrow.  So I got that cool new red skin for *minor spoiler character*.  Each time I unlock one of those from the "villain" side, it just reminds me again of how tragic it is that "Beast Mode" more than likely will never return.... I still would like to know the REAL reason for that shit; it irks me the more I think about it... like they're just refusing to add that shit out of defiance or something at this point. (*or laziness?  ..and even if that's the case, it still doesn't make much sense... the mode already existed back in part 3, so I'd imagine the process involves "porting" that over to part 5 with a few tweaks here and there.... the framework of that mode already exists, so it's not like they'd be making something fresh here.)

16 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I call bullshit. They couldn't even fix pinnacle station for ME1.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Gorgeous hand-drawn 2D explorative platformer Aeterna Noctis releases this December

Fight hordes of enemies and defeat powerful bosses in this new title supported by PlayStation Talents coming to PS5 and PS4.

The game is built around key pillars that’ll be familiar to any fan of the genre: challenging platform puzzles and frenetic combat. Playing the King of Darkness, you must put your skills – such as teleportation and dashing –  to the test to unlock all the world’s secrets and discover its many alternative routes. You can improve your abilities through a huge skill tree, choosing between three different paths: ranged, melee and magic. Allowing you to personalize your playstyle and use six unique weapons and powerful skills.

Aeterna Noctis features 16 large and visually distinct areas, populated with over 100 different enemies; a roster of fantasy creatures, monsters and warriors that will put reflexes to the test! Then there are 20 legendary bosses, each of which promise a true challenge.

Not everything is out to kill you. You can discover NPCs who are pocketed throughout the areas and who will unlock secondary missions. Not only are those quests designed to test you, they’ve been designed to add to the game’s lore, enriching the story of the King of Darkness’ journey to regain the power of Aeterna. Even if you focus solely on the main adventure, you’re looking at around 20 hours of playtime, backed by a haunting, 46-track score. 

Aeterna-Noctis-3.jpg

Aeterna-Noctis-1.jpg

Aeterna-Noctis-4.jpg

51179075178_ce05b2824a_h.jpg

I could be mistaken but that statue seems to be covering her nether with a snake 🤔

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Hm. 🤔

I seriously doubt the old heads at At&t, who fucked themselves into debt with overspending and some bad purchases, will keep any part besides maybe the mobile arm of development or maybe key IP like MK they can milk, so damn that sucks for all those bad name titles they are working on.

19 hours ago, JHDK said:

@M A R T I A N

I decided to start building so as to keep my communities in shape, in Fallout 4.

I might have a problem.

Somehow 3 days worth of play have elapsed, and I haven't killed a single thing, and Sanctuary Hills is beginning to look an awful lot like Metroplex's ghetto cousin decided to sprawl out on top of it.

Yeah the settlement stuff has always been really fun to me. I'm waiting till I get a little closer to endgame to work on those because there's a very ideal spot you can colonize once you get far enough. It's basically a giant island all to yourself. 

Contemplating whether or not I'll use mods to alter some stuff like removing the build limits, making power lines longer, ect. So far I have yet to use anything that actually changes the gameplay, just visual and performance enhancements. I do have one mod that allows you to have a companion AND Dogmeat, considering that was the original intention while the game was still being developed. The characters you travel with will even verbally acknowledge Dogmeat since the audio files are actually in the game. Pretty cool.

Decided to bring Pepper along this time. I always go with Valentine, usually.

pep.thumb.png.5aa96ae2c93802aae77f21c422fb0b35.png

I think she's making that face because I just stole something.

We have good times out here in the Commonwealth. 

26 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yeah the settlement stuff has always been really fun to me. I'm waiting till I get a little closer to endgame to work on those because there's a very ideal spot you can colonize once you get far enough. It's basically a giant island all to yourself. 

Contemplating whether or not I'll use mods to alter some stuff like removing the build limits, making power lines longer, ect. So far I have yet to use anything that actually changes the gameplay, just visual and performance enhancements. I do have one mod that allows you to have a companion AND Dogmeat, considering that was the original intention while the game was still being developed. The characters you travel with will even verbally acknowledge Dogmeat since the audio files are actually in the game. Pretty cool.

Decided to bring Pepper along this time. I always go with Valentine, usually.

pep.thumb.png.5aa96ae2c93802aae77f21c422fb0b35.png

I think she's making that face because I just stole something.

We have good times out here in the Commonwealth. 

If you drop guns on the ground and scrap them from the workbench, it expands your building limit.

I have destroyed so many laser guns to achieve Ghettoplex over 1/3 of Sanctuary.

I just got to that island myself, I think.

I have 8 or 9 maxed water filters churning out purified water/cash, so far.

@HawkingbirdI finally beat Cold Steel 1. Really good game man. I wanted to run back through it on New Game + but I have to do that at later date. I have Cold Stee II and III in my library. I refuse to be Cold Steel IV, unless there is really good sale, before I finish at the first two games. Plan on buying once I start on 3. 

Side note: I noticed a weird commonality between Cold Steel and Trails of the Sky.  It's not a major story spoiler but I still tag it.

Spoiler

In both games their is a male character been adopted into a family and that already has a daughter. The daughter develops a thing for the brother. I know they are not related by blood but it's still weird man. 🤨

26 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I spent way too many hours building settlements in Fallout 4.

I realized that at the gas station build site you can actually build on top of the roof.  Built a multi-story apartment building safely above ground and covered the area around it with guns.

I like the building system so much I might even try Fallout 76...

I did exactly this in Sanctuary Hills.

The whole area from the river, over the bridge, to the workbench is one huge sprawling 5 story fortress.

The building has to be the aspect of F4 I hated the most. That game really ground my gears in a lot of ways, but the building was the absolute limit for me. I ignored it and just did the crafting for guns and armor. 

F4s a solid 6 for me. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdI finally beat Cold Steel 1. Really good game man. I wanted to run back through it on New Game + but I have to do that at later date. I have Cold Stee II and III in my library. I refuse to be Cold Steel IV, unless there is really good sale, before I finish at the first two games. Plan on buying once I start on 3. 

Side note: I noticed a weird commonality between Cold Steel and Trails of the Sky.  It's not a major story spoiler but I still tag it.

Hide contents

In both games their is a male character been adopted into a family and that already has a daughter. The daughter develops a thing for the brother. I know they are not related by blood but it's still weird man. 🤨

i actually played through the entire trails series last year im so glad i waited because that cold steel 1 ending prob wouldve had me mad as hell if i had had to wait like two years or some shit.

30 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

i actually played through the entire trails series last year im so glad i waited because that cold steel 1 ending prob wouldve had me mad as hell if i had had to wait like two years or some shit.

I hoping the fan translation for the second Cross Bell game drops soon. I wanted to wait on it until starting Cold Steel. I already know Cold Steel IV has the protagonists from all three arcs show up. I want to finish that arc before I get to Cold  Steel IV. 

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hoping the fan translation for the second Cross Bell game drops soon. I wanted to wait on it until starting Cold Steel. I already know Cold Steel IV has the protagonists from all three arcs show up. I want to finish that arc before I get to Cold  Steel IV. 

yea i played azure on the kinda jank english patch that was already out since i grew up playing 90's translations it wasn't anything i couldn't handle. 

speaking of english patches  the tales of destiny ps2 beta patch is out if people are interested

Edited by nickmanx5
16 hours ago, Wellman said:

I seriously doubt the old heads at At&t, who fucked themselves into debt with overspending and some bad purchases, will keep any part besides maybe the mobile arm of development or maybe key IP like MK they can milk, so damn that sucks for all those bad name titles they are working on.

Thai makes me bummed for the potential future of MK. They really seem to have hit their stride but nothing kills good IPs like corporate bullshit. 

Edited by DoctaMario
13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Previous voice Actress for Ramlethal stepped aside to allow more representation for black voice actors/actressess

https://www.ign.com/articles/guilty-gear-actress-stepped-down-to-support-black-voice-actresses

I'm really torn and mixed on this issue when it comes to voice acting.

Yeah just posted a mini rant about this on the SFV thread. Not sure what the solution is but this isn't it. Spoiler tagged what I wrote in the other thread.

Spoiler
  • I hoping for Shockdingo's thoughts but personally this bothers me. I'm not sure what the solution is to get minority VAs a fair shake but this ain't it. When I was growing up the goal was to try to get everyone an equal opportunity. Now it's locking people out opportunities. Its crazy to me. This mentality is spreading and I don't like it. Only (insert ethnicity here) can do (insert subject here) used to be considered racist. On the entertainment side of things (comics, books, games, etc.) It's going to stifle creativity. Just because I'm black doesn't mean I should be confined to writing solely about black characters. How could you write anything if every character you create has to be just like you?

Edit: Sorry for the unintentional rant. :tldr:

31 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Previous voice Actress for Ramlethal stepped aside to allow more representation for black voice actors/actressess

https://www.ign.com/articles/guilty-gear-actress-stepped-down-to-support-black-voice-actresses

I'm really torn and mixed on this issue when it comes to voice acting.

As long as actors or actresses are talented I am cool with it. I get it sucks to lose a favorite VA but honestly in cases like this I respect the OG one for stepping aside on her own. Time will tell if it is an improvement or not but frankly this is fine.

If the actor/actress decides to step down on her own to allow the opportunity for a PoC to get more representation out there then that's fine...more power to him/her I have respect for that.    PoC do need to have more representation but I don't like the mentality that Darc said in his rant that because this character is this race that only this race should play that character.  That's extremely limiting and makes it so that people get locked out of roles who could end up actually being perfect for them.  People are trying to treat this like it's a The Last Airbender situation and it isn't.  It's more nuanced and not at all cut and dry.  Should they be actively seeking to get more representation across the board for characters?  Certainly...absolutely.  But that should apply to ALL CHARACTERS.  If a white guy wants to play a black dude and he actually does an amazing job playing the character and it isn't a character that's being racist then sure go for it if he actually is the best person for the job.  I feel like people keep forgetting about like OG Shredder being played by James Avery , Phil Lamar in general or Cree Summer etc whenever this stuff comes up.

11 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

If a white guy wants to play a black dude and he actually does an amazing job playing the character and it isn't a character that's being racist then sure go for it if he actually is the best person for the job. 

What if it's a white guy playing a white guy disguised as a black guy?

mad people GIF

Edited by Chadouken
9 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What if it's a white guy playing a white guy disguised as a black guy?

mad people GIF

I'm one of the people that thought that Tropic Thunder was genius.  That was a hair from being full blown offensive but it rode that fucking line like a boss.  I've been seeing people getting upset about this movie now and I don't even think they watched the movie all the way through and understood that the movie knew exactly what it was doing.