Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

9 hours ago, MillionX said:

ah, I don't recall bringing up what I consider the low-tier, generally undesirable shit in the Vampire the Masquerade world... the Salubri clan:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Salubri 

As a clan, they're barely even around in modern times, and their founder was consumed by the originator of clan Tremere.  They're also typically envisioned as the "healer class" good guy vamps...but even worse imo is the fact that they have a literal 3rd eye on the forehead that cries blood when the "disciplines"/powers are used....and they are typically vamps that seek to solve the "problem" of being a vampire?  Nah, get outta here with that lame-ass goody-2-shoes nonsense.  Oh and then their clan weakness is that their blood is especially delicious to other vampires (and keep in mind, your 3rd eye bleeds whenever you activate a power; and that in itself can potentially cause a "Hunger Frenzy" from nearby vamps)...though you are seemingly compelled to be the healer.... meaning this type of character is always doomed, imo.  Man please 😄

I'm also not really a fan of the Gangrel clan either (https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Gangrel_(VTM)).... random animal features showing up and feral impulses, diminished intelligence and speech?  Hell nah... it's a no for me, dawg.  I'd consider this to be 1 step up from Salubri's lame ass though, if you just do well to avoid that frenzy status...and at least the animal features are not permanent. 

I'm not an expert, but I think Nosferatu are the worst, because when I played Masquerades and did the little quiz thing I got them, and they pretty much break the damn game.

3 hours ago, Serpent said:

I'm not an expert, but I think Nosferatu are the worst, because when I played Masquerades and did the little quiz thing I got them, and they pretty much break the damn game.

Yeah, that's an odd one for me--- any social/dialog situations are always a problem for a Nosferatu because of that clan curse of being ugly monsters.  I figure the main thing here is just *how* ugly and deformed you end up being...which is apparently a random thing.  If this were all a real-world thing, I'd take it only if I knew exactly how I would look after becoming one....sometimes it may be a cool type of "hideous", actually...or something that is easily covered up by practical effects like fake hair, nose, special contacts, makeup, etc.  One could also make use of their "obfuscate" power to look normal....but yeah, the rank of this clan varies in my mind, dependent on the extent of ugliness one would be cursed with.

One clan that is a top pick for me, but has one of the worst curses in a modern setting---> Lasombra.  It wouldn't be so bad if the *only* thing to worry about is having a strange, distorted reflection in all mirror surfaces and recording devices....but they also have a problem with all technology now.... so you wouldn't even be able to enjoy video games that much anymore.  Imagine, trying to play your new PS5 or Xbox, gaming PC or whatever...but it's only functioning properly about 40% of the time because of the curse.  You can't reliably use any phones either...or tablets, perhaps modern cars may be an issue as well.  "Technology" is such a broad category that it makes this curse one of the worst in the game/lore, imo.

*If I were writing/designing this, I would've just limited it to a curse on mirrors and any device that records or broadcasts their image and audio only capturing or transmitting warped visuals and audio.  Phones have a very simple solution at least; I'd always have a ghoul "personal assistant" that happens to sound like me...and this guy would answer phones or make calls for me.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

2020 is fucking wild. 

nurse strips off ppe to have sex with covid patient IN A HOSPITAL BATHROOM. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-news/story/nurse-strips-off-ppe-suit-to-have-sex-with-covid-patient-in-hospital-toilet-suspended-1754563-2020-12-30

2020 nasty. Get it out of here 

WOW. I don't know what you have to do to become a nurse in Jakarta, but if it's anything like over here, she just threw away years of schooling for nothing.

I don't get people that do that. Men or women. If your job takes forever to learn and get a license for, why the hell risk it over dumb shit? I say that even as someone who once lost a job he got after 7 months unemployed for nodding off during a couple meetings. Even to ME this shit sounds stupid.

Edited by axeman61

Started watching "Sweet Home" on Netflix the other night. I never read the webtoon but would always see screencaps on twitter. Pretty cool show.

It got me to start reading the "Bastard" webtoon which I guess is suppose to be a prequel or something to Sweet Home.

I haven't really read any manga, manhwa, etc in over a decade, wondering if there was any horror recommendations anyone on this thread could recommend?

31 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Started watching "Sweet Home" on Netflix the other night. I never read the webtoon but would always see screencaps on twitter. Pretty cool show.

It got me to start reading the "Bastard" webtoon which I guess is suppose to be a prequel or something to Sweet Home.

I haven't really read any manga, manhwa, etc in over a decade, wondering if there was any horror recommendations anyone on this thread could recommend?

Just off the top of my head:

(These are all comics)

Hack/Slash (Don’t read Resurrection.)

Locke  and Key

The Beauty

American Vampire

Revival

iZombie

Immortal Hulk

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Netflix adaptation is dope as fuck too) 

Ice Cream Man

Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural

BPRD

Out of all of these the only one I haven’t read is Doctor Voodoo. The reason I listed it though is because Rick Remender is an amazing comic writer. His X-Force and Captain America runs are some of my favorite runs in comics. So I’m assuming his Doctor Voodoo run is also quality

Edited by iStu X
52 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Just off the top of my head:

Hack/Slash (Don’t read the reboot.)

Locke  and Key

The Beauty

American Vampire

Revival

iZombie

Immortal Hulk

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Ice Cream Man

Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural

Great list. Appreciate it. Friend also gave the same advice about Hack/Slash.

47 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Great list. Appreciate it. Friend also gave the same advice about Hack/Slash.

It’s fucking god awful. Lol

all the hack/slash cross-overs are dope as fuck though. Read those for sure. 

Edited by iStu X
13 hours ago, Chadouken said:

You liking it? I'm using a Note 10 Plus and I love it. Got into the Note game with the Note 7, then got the Note 8 because of the bullshit with the 7, and now I'm on the 10. I actually use the Spen a shit ton, especially useful for taking notes in the field at work. Don't think I'll ever go back to a phone without a stylus.

Yeah man it's really great so far! I need to get a better screen protector than the one they included because it has a hole around where the fingerprint scanner is and when I swipe with the stylus, it messes up my words sometimes. The screen is awesome though, 120hz refresh rate ftw!

21 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

If you dont mind me asking, was it direct deposit or a physical check in the mail?

Direct deposit. Outside of my first disability check when I was 18 I don’t think I’ve ever received a paper check in my life*

*outside of my grandparents as a kid

Edited by iStu X
59 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I need to get a better screen protector than the one they included

I don't use screen protector on mine. Risky, I know, but I just don't like them on screens with rounded edges. I've dropped it a few times in the year and a half I've had it and the case did its job- no scratches or anything on the screen. And I take this fucker out in the desert often 😂

I think my buddy who also has a Note uses an OtterBox case with screen protector. It's a little bulky, but it's pretty much bullet proof. Might be worth looking at them and seeing what they have for the 20 models 

29 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I don't use screen protector on mine. Risky, I know, but I just don't like them on screens with rounded edges. I've dropped it a few times in the year and a half I've had it and the case did its job- no scratches or anything on the screen. And I take this fucker out in the desert often 😂

I think my buddy who also has a Note uses an OtterBox case with screen protector. It's a little bulky, but it's pretty much bullet proof. Might be worth looking at them and seeing what they have for the 20 models 

I like having a case on my phones because they feel too slippery to me being these thin, expensive slabs of glass. My S7 had a bunch of scratches on the screen because I was using it to try and look under my car and dropped it on the stones and when I grabbed it and pulled it towards me, it got scratched and I hated the way that looked. My phones have always stayed in pretty good condition and I usually end up getting one of the wallet cases (my girl got me the Spiegen case for this one) so its less to carry overall. But I feel you, I didn't have a screen protector on my s7 and it was just that one event that scratched it up despite me dropping it several times. 

The missus had to buy a new laptop to get a little work done because the boy child cracked the screen on hers. I'm getting it set up and Windows 10 comes shipped with a setting called S Mode which basically keeps you from being able to install apps from outside the Microsoft store. Now, if you want to turn this setting off, you can't just untick it in Settings, you have to go to the Microsoft store via Settings>Security & Settings, log in, download a setting, and turn it off that way.

Windows 10 is such a trash OS. Every time I have to use it, I'm glad I kept my own PC on 7, but I'd rather my computer be less "secure" than have to deal with BS like this. Say what you want about Macs, but Apple at least has the foresight to make their OS user friendly enough not to put actual settings behind all that. 

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The missus had to buy a new laptop to get a little work done because the boy child cracked the screen on hers. I'm getting it set up and Windows 10 comes shipped with a setting called S Mode which basically keeps you from being able to install apps from outside the Microsoft store. Now, if you want to turn this setting off, you can't just untick it in Settings, you have to go to the Microsoft store via Settings>Security & Settings, log in, download a setting, and turn it off that way.

Windows 10 is such a trash OS. Every time I have to use it, I'm glad I kept my own PC on 7, but I'd rather my computer be less "secure" than have to deal with BS like this. Say what you want about Macs, but Apple at least has the foresight to make their OS user friendly enough not to put actual settings behind all that.

If I'm not mistaken, don't Macs by default only allow you to install software from the Apple Store?  Pretty sure you have to go into security settings to enable installing apps from other locations in MacOS as well.  Apple is actually the one who did this first iirc.

apps-from-everywhere_1587048108.png

22 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

S is some BS. Unless you do a lot of gaming, for a lot of people, Linux Mint (or some other Linux flavor) does work better than Win10. Especially Win10S.

23 minutes ago, misterBee said:

If I'm not mistaken, don't Macs by default only allow you to install software from the Apple Store?  Pretty sure you have to go into security settings to enable installing apps from other locations in MacOS as well.  Apple is actually the one who did this first iirc.

apps-from-everywhere_1587048108.png

Yeah, but you can change that setting locally and without an internet connection. Win10 makes you log in to their online store to be able to change a single setting that drastically affects how you're able to interact with the system. Why?

8 minutes ago, Serpent said:

S is some BS. Unless you do a lot of gaming, for a lot of people, Linux Mint (or some other Linux flavor) does work better than Win10. Especially Win10S.

I don't get why they don't put it in the settings locally. It makes me think they're doing it to make it harder for people to fuck up their computer but this just makes it more difficult than it has to be. 

Tbh if I didn't have to compile it, I'd probably look into Linux, but I need osx for work and when I'm gaming I use my win7 laptop if I even game on my PC at all. 

Edited by DoctaMario
9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Tbh if I didn't have to compile it, I'd probably look into Linux, but I need osx for work and when I'm gaming I use my win7 laptop if I even game on my PC at all. 

Is there a reason you are compiling linux kernels/distros?  Just for general use there's no reason to do anything other than download a USB image and install.

9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Yeah, but you can change that setting locally and without an internet connection. Win10 makes you log in to their online store to be able to change a single setting that drastically affects how you're able to interact with the system. Why?

I haven't had to do this in a while for any of my systems, but I don't recall it requiring you to be online -- it's just in settings > apps & features.  You don't need to open the Windows store at all to change this.  It's a system setting. 🤷‍♂️

block-windows-10-install-non-store-app-2

56 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Is there a reason you are compiling linux kernels/distros?  Just for general use there's no reason to do anything other than download a USB image and install.

I haven't had to do this in a while for any of my systems, but I don't recall it requiring you to be online -- it's just in settings > apps & features.  You don't need to open the Windows store at all to change this.  It's a system setting. 🤷‍♂️

block-windows-10-install-non-store-app-2

Maybe its an HP thing but the method i described was the one the system made me use and the one I found when I looked it up. Either way, why make S Mode on the default setting when invariably most people will want to turn it off? And if it CAN be turned off offline, then why would the system l lead me to the online store and make me change it that way? 

Things with Linux have changed i guess, because  I remember looking into it and there being a lot of compilation involved. 

Either way, since having my kid, I've tried to minimize the amount of time I put in diagnosing computer issues. When I had more time I didn't mind doing it but now that I have less, it just feels like wasted time and is why I'm glad I decided to go console rather than build a gaming pc like id originally planned to do. 

Edited by DoctaMario

So at the hospital for an eye injury. Was just told my 32 hour minimum wage job earns me 200 dollars over the Access Health Care limit. So I make too little to afford health care and too much to qualify for the state sponsored. What a wonderful world we live in. Who the fuck was it on SRK telling me I don’t want universal health care again? Cuz it’s sure as shit sounding better then no health care at all right about now.

@M A R T I A NYeah 2020 is trying to go with the type of bang none of us want. I may have to avoid any sort of news until the 1st.

@RSG3Sorry man. Honestly, when it comes to healthcare, people need to step outside themselves at look at the situation from other peoples shoes. I have great health coverage through my job but I still want universal healthcare. Not for me, I'm already okay, but for everyone else. No one should have to go through the bull shit you just posted man. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

So at the hospital for an eye injury. Was just told my 32 hour minimum wage job earns me 200 dollars over the Access Health Care limit. So I make too little to afford health care and too much to qualify for the state sponsored. What a wonderful world we live in. Who the fuck was it on SRK telling me I don’t want universal health care again? Cuz it’s sure as shit sounding better then no health care at all right about now.

Fuck I’m sorry to hear that dude. 
Sigh. No human deserves this shit. 

I mean I have like 500k of medical debt because someone decided to save my life like three times and remove blood clots and get me meds so I stopped stroking out into deathville. This is all in the last couple of years.

Shit happens, everyone deals with it. Until it is actively changed by a majority it doesn't really warrant a reaction I think. Most problems just seem like an old man yelling at clouds scenario to me these days. 

Kinda just chill and go with the flow.