Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I like and respect Queen Latifah,  for what she has done in Hip Hop. Especially for the ladies. And her grind all these years. But this...

Nah bruh lol. Set it off was perfect casting. It had more realistic action for her character and she was very convincing as that character. But pure over the top action hero??? Did ya see the way she ran from that explosion??? 

Is this based on the Denzel movies?

1 minute ago, DangerousJ said:

Of the initial 8 SF2 World Warrior characters, which is your least favorite?

Vega. He's a pretty boy feminine homo.  Reminds me of Tom Brady.

Edit: I just realized you said the original 8 cast, not including the bosses.  In that case, shit, i don't know. Ken, because he's a Ryu clone?

Edited by Chadouken
Cause i don't fucking read.

Least favorite of the OG world Warriors is either Zangief or E. Honda. I just don’t like their designs really.

I’ve also always favored Ken over Ryu. Especially when the games started fleshing out all the characters personalities. 

i think the only time I’ve ever used Ryu over Ken as a main or secondary is Alpha 3. Even then I mained Cody. 

Edited by iStu X
47 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

My first attempt tasted great, but looked terrible

My dough looks like shiiiiiiit. Hopefully it’ll taste good. I fucked up the first time cause I didn’t read when to add what correctly. 

second attempt seems fine though? I feel it still may be holding in too much moisture but it’s only been resting for about maybe 20 minutes and it’s almost double the size already. So who knows? I just hope it turns out good. 

sauce turned out bomb. I substituted the sugar they recommend for honey so balance out how much garlic power and salt the recipe called for and I’m glad I did. Before I added the honey everything together was a little over powering. Once I added the honey is mellowed out everything to where I was happy. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

sauce turned out bomb. I substituted the sugar they recommend for honey so balance out how much garlic power and salt the recipe called for and I’m glad I did. Before I added the honey everything together was a little over powering. Once I added the honey is mellowed out everything to where I was happy. 

I refuse to buy sauce out of the store now. It's insanely easy to make and tastes so much better. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
On 2/2/2021 at 8:37 AM, Angel said:

Anyone that cosigns shit like what happened to that kid needs to just go ahead and log off and find the nearest puddle of piss to drown themselves in. 

FB_IMG_1612276000312.jpg

There are videos of kids as young as 6 being handcuffed, and I even found a few of white kids in the 9-13 range being cuffed. I don't know why any of these kids got cuffed but acting like it wouldn't happen to a white kid is a shitty take. 

If a kid is wilding out, how young is too young to restrain them? 

Edited by DoctaMario
On 2/2/2021 at 1:39 PM, Chadouken said:

Sick.  Cobain liked those guitars. And I've always wanted a VOX, great British sounding natural overdrive in those.  I'm rocking a Fender Hot Rod DeVille these days.  I got it a few months before the pandemic hit because I wanted to gig with it.  Kinda wish I had gone with a Deluxe, or even the Blues Jr now.  60 watts in a tube amp is way overkill and I can't dial it in to the sweet edge-of-breakup spot without playing for the entire neighborhood 😂

Thank god for guitar pedals!

I've had a Blues DeVille 212 for ages and it's an awesome amp but way too much for what I need. Thing weighs about 80 pounds too, so it's not the most portable thing either 😂

Someday I’ll learn how to round out dough. 

dough is a success though. 

first pizza is a philly steak pizza. Which I’m honestly pissed about cause no one told me to make a Alfredo sauced  pizza until after I made two pizzas worth of red sauce. 

Next time I wanna attempt to make the Alfredo  sauce myself 

A4544FB0-BDEC-4B31-9142-A6B06A9D078E.jpeg

10338D98-09FC-4E1B-88F4-C718E9CC3E01.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
Dammit chad.
15 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I've had a Blues DeVille 212 for ages and it's an awesome amp but way too much for what I need. Thing weighs about 80 pounds too, so it's not the most portable thing either

Hell yeah, dude! Those things are big bad boys. But fuckin HEAVY.  I think Fender makes the best amps for clean tones, and therefore probably the best pedal platforms with all that headroom.  They don't have that Marshall heavy overdrive, but that edge of breakup sound is godlike in a Fender.

11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Hell yeah, dude! Those things are big bad boys. But fuckin HEAVY.  I think Fender makes the best amps for clean tones, and therefore probably the best pedal platforms with all that headroom.  They don't have that Marshall heavy overdrive, but that edge of breakup sound is godlike in a Fender.

Yeah I typically use fenders for the rhythm guitars I record and then vary up the grit on them with a compressor. Guitar>compressor>amp is pretty much my signal chain unless I'm taking solos 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

If these pizzas turn out even remotely as good as I hope they do I’ll probably be the same way. 

I just really need a stand mixer. I wish they weren’t so god damn expensive 

Buy a refurb from KitchenAid. They are around $200 and they have a solid warranty. If you bake enough, they are worth getting.  I got one for my Mom on her birthday and it's been the best thing ever. 

58 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Someday I’ll learn how to round out dough. 

dough is a success though. 

first pizza is a philly steak pizza. Which I’m honestly pissed about cause no one told me to make a Alfredo sauced  pizza until after I made two pizzas worth of red sauce. 

Next time I wanna attempt to make the Alfredo  sauce myself 

A4544FB0-BDEC-4B31-9142-A6B06A9D078E.jpeg

It take practice to round it out. This was my first one. I tried to be Billy Bad-Ass and do a stuffed crust LOL

IMG_20190714_000344.jpg?width=429&height

7 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Buy a refurb from KitchenAid. They are around $200 and they have a solid warranty. If you bake enough, they are worth getting.  I got one for my Mom on her birthday and it's been the best thing ever. 

Still a little too rich for my blood right now with being unemployed. though there’s a few on Amazon I’ve seen around the $100-125 range I want to look more into. 

maybe when my tax return and Biden bucks happen I’ll get one then. 

Edited by iStu X
33 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

@iStu X

Nice profile pic. I wish more people would acknowledge the godlike design of the X Men these days. There's more to mutants than Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit and Rogue!

Everything Hickman and his team has done with the X-Men over the last year or so has been phenomenal. It got me interested in X-Men again.

similar has happened with Donny Cates run of Venom.

Lastly, Al Ewing got to get me care about a character I’ve never cares about before which is The Hulk. His immortal hulk run has been amazing .

marvel has such an amazing group of writers right now. Donny Cates’s run of Thor is great too

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I made it 8 years alcohol free today

Congrats man! That shit's hard. 

Especially with this pandemic and how stressful this past year has been for everyone. 

Silently reflecting on my own drinking habits...

Edit: Also, if you're a Rob Delaney fan, he's 19 years sober today. Y'all share an anniversary

here i come deadpool GIF 

Edited by KingTubb
11 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

Man, I'm so bored.

I realized an easy way to lose weight; eat when you are hungry and stop eating when you feel satisfied.

Even though I'm not a vegan, Veggies are pretty much a surefire way to lose weight.  500 calories of veggies compared to 500 calories of something like a hamburger or ice cream usually comes down to size.  the veggies take up more room and burn much slower in your stomach.  the burger?  I've eaten as many as four in one day that I remember which if I'm right would be over 2000 calories by themselves.  What you eat is as important as when.