Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

23 hours ago, J-ride said:

Nicolas Cage is the best and worst actor in Hollywood!  Every genius performance has to be followed by a Razzie worthy shitshow.  His ways are mysterious and beyond our understanding.

I think I read somewhere that he just does roles for fun now.

He decides to do random-ass movies the same way you might decide to randomly pick up a Big Mac on the way home from work.

I can respect it.

35 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm think I read somewhere that he just does roles for fun now.

He decides to do random-ass movies the same way you might decide to randomly pick up a Big Mac on the way home from work.

I can respect it.

Yeah, supposedly he is kind of jaded with Holywood and how things are done nowdays, hence why he is mostly doing indie movies.

For what I read on an interview, he chooses those roles based on how passionate the people doing the project are.
He doesn't really care if the movie will be good or not, but if it will be fun to do.

6 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

so...who HASN'T have C-Virus yet here? I think at this point almost everyone has had it. 

So far I've manages to avoid it as far as I know.  We've had some near misses but have yet to bring it in the house.  My sister and her husband have gotten it twice...once pre vax and the 2nd after vax.  I don't wear my mask as much but the moment I'm in an tight enclosed space with a bunch of people I put it on and I still practice social distancing.  I know its inevitable at this point but so far we've managed to avoid it. 

I had that damn virus (several months ago)... didn't realize I had it until later when I had to take a test.  Oddly enough there was a bonus; I dropped about 10 pounds since I was barely eating on some of those days...sometimes just 1 bowl of chicken noodle soup a day +water and juice, which of course isn't much in terms of calories. (I think 1 can is about 150 calories)  I wasn't hungry at the time.... just eating because I was supposed to, but it just felt like "normal" sickness; nothing out of the ordinary.

heh, oh and the sitcoms with downer endings; that concept is a funny thing to me.... besides that Dinosaurs show, there was also ALF.  At the end, ALF finally got caught by government agents; probably CIA and or NSA.  Hahah they finally took him into custody, and I guess that family never saw him again.  To go the extra mile they should've erased their memories of him, or just made sure they all had an "unfortunate accident", y'know to make absolute certain they don't talk....as the mysterious "Cigarette Smoking Man" looks on from off in the distance, in the shadows.  When it comes to "the interest of national security", there's no telling what kinds of "random" unfortunate things might happen to ya.

It's fun to imagine other disturbing endings that could've happened:

The finale of The Honeymooners --Ralph finally making good on his threats and actually beating Alice up...police show up and take him away as she recovers from her injuries, crying in a dark bedroom, as it fades to black and the credits roll for the last time.

Edited by MillionX

^oh yeah that's another one... A&P mentioned "Brave".  We know how Disney likes to get down at this point soooo:

1. Brave is definitely getting "rebooted" soon.

2. There will most likely be a black girl playing the redheaded main character (a Scottish princess).  It's possible they swap out to a lighter skin hispanic girl but more than likely they're going for a "blackwash" again.

It's a guarantee....same thing if they somehow got ahold of "Into the Badlands" and rebooted that. (since reboots are all they want to do at this point; the "Widow" would become a black woman.)  We're not that far off from a tearful award-acceptance speech by a redhead at some point in the future...where he or she mentions that they never saw a redhead character in any tv show or movie when they grew up...since those characters who are supposed to be that way almost always get changed out to a black person when it becomes live action.

One really strange thing is when I see people flat-out saying that "blackwashing" isn't a thing.... this is as odd to me as people who say "friendzone don't exist".... when you just outright deny something exists despite it being out on the table for everyone to clearly see... eh such a person just sounds silly and dumb, imo.  It's like if we're standing next to a river and some buffoon is saying "Rivers don't exist.  Rivers aren't a thing, dude."

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

^oh yeah that's another one... A&P mentioned "Brave".  We know how Disney likes to get down at this point soooo:

2. There will most likely be a black girl playing the redheaded main character (a Scottish princess).  It's possible they swap out to a lighter skin hispanic girl but more than likely they're going for a "blackwash" again.

It's a guarantee....same thing if they somehow got ahold of "Into the Badlands" and rebooted that. (since reboots are all they want to do at this point; the "Widow" would become a black woman.)  We're not that far off from a tearful award-acceptance speech by a redhead at some point in the future...where he or she mentions that they never saw a redhead character in any tv show or movie when they grew up...since those characters who are supposed to be that way almost always get changed out to a black person when it becomes live action.

One really strange thing is when I see people flat-out saying that "blackwashing" isn't a thing.... this is as odd to me as people who say "friendzone don't exist".... when you just outright deny something exists despite it being out on the table for everyone to clearly see... eh such a person just sounds silly and dumb, imo.  It's like if we're standing next to a river and some buffoon is saying "Rivers don't exist.  Rivers aren't a thing, dude."

What inspires all this ranting about possible race swaps? I'm not trying to put you on blast; I'm curious.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Is this an honest take, because it would approach the realm of T'Challa being played by Chris Pine. 

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

What inspires all this ranting about possible race swaps? I'm not trying to put you on blast; I'm curious.

When it comes to Gingers is this a serious question or a joke? How much time you got? Ginger characters are prime target for being swapped usually to black but not always. If property needs to be diversified, they can't be bothered to create a new character. They just race swap the redhead. 

Lana Lang in Smallville 

Alicia Masters in Fantastic Four (Fox films)

Jimmy Olsen in Supergirl

Iris West in Justice League (Snyder Cut)

Iris West in The Flash

Wally West in The Flash

Cecile Horton in The Flash

Bow in She-Ra (The Netflix version)

Isaac in Castlevania 

Annie in well Annie

Cyclone in Black Adam

Rip Cord in GI Joe 1 (live action)

Jim Gordon in The Batman

Heimdall in the MCU (I love Idris Elba but we race swapping Norse Gods now?)

Josie in Riverdale 

Andra - (Masters of the Universe: Revelation)

Batgirl - (Batgirl - canceled HBO Max film)

Ariel - The Little Mermaid

I'm sure I missed several but @MillionXisn't just being funny. It's not a coincidence it's a pattern. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I WOULD love Roots with an all-white cast, I won't lie.

did u know there was a time when black and native americans owned white slaves in this country? cuz true story they did. there werent many black folk owning white slaves but they existed.

this was pre manifest destiny tho. before manifest destiny caused a creation of numerous racist laws barring blacks n natives from owning land and property including slaves.

edit.

i wish hollywood would do a movie about it.

i would luv to direct the movie. i would cast charles s dutton as the mean surly black cracker. whippin white backs for any lil thing.

needless to say it b the biggest most popular movie among minorities.

white peeps. eh. not so much. i think theyd avoid it more than a chinese sneezer.

i would direct charles to laugh maniacally while cracking his whip. 

rape the females. etc. all while laughing n smiling. 

meanwhile minorities would b watching the whippin scenes like 

movie-theater-movies.gif

unfortunately the only thing we have right now thats even close is the whipping scene in starship troopers.

but its not the same thing as what i envision.

2nd edit

oh yea i forgot the whippin scene from django unchained when fox whips the white cracker with his own whip. pleasing yes but not satisfying cuz he whipped him with a straight face n no smiles n laughter. the smiling n laughter are sorta important i think. makes it strangely pleasing to the senses. like strawberry syrup on your ice cream.

n no i dont hate white folks at all. but im just looking for comedic elements here. i wanna lol when i watch black slaver whoopin white booty.  thats all.  cuz i def aintz crying for white slave thats for sure. so i gotta b made to laugh. cuz crying isnt an option. not for that scenario.

Edited by VirginDefiler

I get called into work to supervise an small LGBT event in front of the Disneyland Castle. The even lasts at most 30-60 min for mere pictures. I'm here now not doing anything until 1pm when my group of peeps start their shifts. I'm off at 5pm but event is from 2-3pm. 

My only thought on this is...why we still doing pride stuff now? They had a month in the summer? It's supposed to be Hispanic Heritage month! 😭

So it doesnt actually stop you from getting it and you guys get mad at folk that dont get the vaccine...because they'll have worse symptoms than you?  If that's not the reason then I dont understand why folk get mad at the folk that dont want the vaccine.

P.S.  sorry to bring it up but I notice a number of people in here getting sick with that shit...its odd to me.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 minute ago, TheInfernoman said:

I get called into work to supervise an small LGBT event in front of the Disneyland Castle. The even lasts at most 30-60 min for mere pictures. I'm here now not doing anything until 1pm when my group of peeps start their shifts. I'm off at 5pm but event is from 2-3pm. 

My only thought on this is...why we still doing pride stuff now? They had a month in the summer? It's supposed to be Hispanic Heritage month! 😭

Do we really need to relegate celebrating things to specific months and no others? 

2 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So it doesnt actually stop you from getting it and you guys get mad at folk that dont get the vaccine...because they'll have worse symptoms than you?  If that's not the reason then I dont understand why folk get mad at the folk that dont want the vaccine.

That's because you have fundemantly misunderstood the argument from the beginning. People having less severe symptoms means less people in the hospital taking of up beds and resources. The entire point of vaccines is to manage the problem and with any luck stomping it out like we had done with Polio. 

Vaccines are to help manage the problem and keep it from becoming an overwhelming issue. 

Edited by RSG3

I only know one person that has gotten the covid - my lady's daughter.  She wasnt vaccinated but she was fine.  Lasted like 5 days or some shit.  She got the vaccine after she was better.

Also, I didnt say anything about stopping taking the vaccine.  y'all keep takin' it if it makes you feel safe. 

@Genghis_Dong- the vaccines for those other things did stop the spread that's why those illnesses died out.  I've never met a person with measles, smallpox or polio.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
5 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I only know one person that has gotten the covid - my lady's daughter.  She wasnt vaccinated but she was fine.  Lasted like 5 days or some shit.  She got the vaccine after she was better.

Also, I didnt say anything about stopping taking the vaccine.  y'all keep takin' it if it makes you feel safe. 

@Genghis_Dong- the vaccines for those other things did stop the spread that's why those illnesses died out.  I've never met a person with measles, smallpox or polio.

Congratulations you've learned how science works. Apologies for the entire scientific community that we couldn't create a single vaccine that completely eliminates every strand of covid within 2 years of it surfacing. 

19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Do we really need to relegate celebrating things to specific months and no others? 

Yes! You only get on month! This helps mega corporations know exactly how to create their merch and plan for their inevitable obligation to pander! 🙃🙃🙃

OK real talk, I personally would abolish all these months. Celebrate what you want when you want.