Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

30 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That's unfortunate. I think after I discontinued their service, they were going to upgrade me to internet 12, but I guess it's wasted now. I'll at least take that over Cox, though. 

Nike Suing ‘Satan Shoes’ Company, Accused of Supporting Satanism

nike-suing-satan-shoes-lil-nas-x.jpg?w=9

Nike is now suing MSCHF, the company that collaborated with Lil Nas X on the recently-announced Satan Shoes. After the shoes went viral on the internet, the sportswear brand has been accused of supporting Satanism by people all over.

MSCHF and Lil Nas X just announced the shoes yesterday (March 29), along with the rapper's new song "Montero (Call Me By Your Name.)" The video for the song contained Satanic imagery, and the Air Max 97 shoes featured a pentagram pendant and a droplet of human blood in the material.

Billboard reports that Nike filed the copyright infringement suit on March 29, claiming that they never authorized the sneaker.

"The material alterations include at least referring to the shoe as the Satan Shoe, adding red ink and human blood to the midsole, adding red embroidered satanic-themed detailing, adding a bronze pentagram to the laces, and adding a new sock liner," Nike's statement reads.

"There is already evidence of significant confusion and dilution occurring in the marketplace, including calls to boycott Nike in response to the launch of MSCHF’s Satan Shoes based on the mistaken belief that Nike has authorized or approved this product."

Following the announcement of the shoe, people on the internet — especially Twitter — went absolutely wild, accusing Nike of supporting Satanism.

"I hope Nike burns to the ground and goes bankrupt over this. First they use massive amounts of child slaves and now they openly promote Satanism. Disgusting," a Pastor wrote.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/9548037/lil-nas-x-satan-shoes-nike-lawsuit

23 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I only understand Arabic, and I speak it minimally. If you want to talk to me in a different language, I can do Urdu, Hindi, Sindhi and Punjabi in addition to English 🙂

Have fun learning, everyone!

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/03/arkansas-will-now-allow-medical-workers-legally-refuse-treating-lgbtq-people/

If not posted already, that's arkansas for you. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt by not turning into a full fledge queer nationalist. However, the more traditionalists fight back, the least effective the first amendment will be for people who don't use their faith for malicious reasons. They should stand down before they lose anymore merit to them, but it's probably already too late for that.

5 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/03/arkansas-will-now-allow-medical-workers-legally-refuse-treating-lgbtq-people/

If not posted already, that's arkansas for you. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt by not turning into a full fledge queer nationalist. However, the more traditionalists fight back, the least effective the first amendment will be for people who don't use their faith for malicious reasons. They should stand down before they lose anymore merit to them, but it's probably already too late for that.

"Arkansas will now allow for multi-million dollar Federally mandated giveaways if you are not straight."

Fucking hetero discrimination, there.

Edited by JHDK
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Telecoms can eat all the dicks. They trying to stop a nation wide roll out of fiber internet.

FTFY. The best plan Spectrum could offer us at the house we're moving to was a 2mbps down "broadband" plan which is absurd considering my mum in law lives 300 feet from us and is able to get at least 25mbpd down at her place, we're just farther back from the road.

Telecoms have been overfunded and coddled for too long, but it takes regulators who are actually serious about their jobs to actually make said telecoms do what they're being paid to do. The government gave Verizon a ton of money to build out broadband access, and what they did instead is fight to get DSL reclassified as "broadband" so they could pocket the portion of the money they would have ordinarily had to spend but didn't because a lot of the DSL infrastructure was already there.

I keep seeing those Skippy videos via Aba & Preach... the guy still gets dates somehow... this is another thing I'd say supports my assertion that the acquisition of a date doesn't really mean anything.  A lot of women will agree to one simply for a free meal or night out, or in the case of a strange vlogger----perhaps some camera time in hopes of getting "e-famous", I suppose.  ...and thus, not a reliable indicator of romantic interest.  

...damn lunch break almost over... on a daily basis now I just want to fast-forward to clock-out time.  Like everything else in life, that goddamn pandemic has made things drastically worse, and only puts me in the mood to punch and break things.

On another note---sheeeeitttt it's almost Outriders time though; tomorrow night at 11 pm central time, I think... but then a new Diablo 3 season this Friday, right on time for a 3-day weekend.....

A race-swapped character on a CW show.  Ohhhh how very, very surprising.  I'm just flabbergasted and bowled over by how shocking this is. This was so totally unexpected! 🤣  Next thing ya know, one of the PPGs or one of their friends will be of the lgbtq+ community... nah that would be crazy to assume such a thing will happen, right? 

trying not to laugh GIF

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Donald Faison is playing Professor Utonium in the Powerpuff Girls reboot on CW.....yeah I think ima pass on that 

A gritty, live-action Powerpuff Girls with Turk from Scrubs playing professor Utonium.

If I was TRYING to ruin Powerpuff Girls worse than the last reboot, I couldn't possibly dream up what's actually happening. It's clear they just don't hear how bad this shit sounds.

Final Fantasy 4 is definitely my favorite game out of the rest of the series.

The symbolic conception of light and darkness always resonated with me by the protagonist.

I think at one point of a person's life, that both worlds can coexist with each other, but the important part is to not be on either the extreme sides of the spectrum.

Anyway, that's what I've learned from this game.

11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Nike Suing ‘Satan Shoes’ Company, Accused of Supporting Satanism

nike-suing-satan-shoes-lil-nas-x.jpg?w=9

Nike is now suing MSCHF, the company that collaborated with Lil Nas X on the recently-announced Satan Shoes. After the shoes went viral on the internet, the sportswear brand has been accused of supporting Satanism by people all over.

MSCHF and Lil Nas X just announced the shoes yesterday (March 29), along with the rapper's new song "Montero (Call Me By Your Name.)" The video for the song contained Satanic imagery, and the Air Max 97 shoes featured a pentagram pendant and a droplet of human blood in the material.

Billboard reports that Nike filed the copyright infringement suit on March 29, claiming that they never authorized the sneaker.

"The material alterations include at least referring to the shoe as the Satan Shoe, adding red ink and human blood to the midsole, adding red embroidered satanic-themed detailing, adding a bronze pentagram to the laces, and adding a new sock liner," Nike's statement reads.

"There is already evidence of significant confusion and dilution occurring in the marketplace, including calls to boycott Nike in response to the launch of MSCHF’s Satan Shoes based on the mistaken belief that Nike has authorized or approved this product."

Following the announcement of the shoe, people on the internet — especially Twitter — went absolutely wild, accusing Nike of supporting Satanism.

"I hope Nike burns to the ground and goes bankrupt over this. First they use massive amounts of child slaves and now they openly promote Satanism. Disgusting," a Pastor wrote.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/9548037/lil-nas-x-satan-shoes-nike-lawsuit

Damn the United Saudis of America striking hard in those comments