Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

21 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

You didn'tlike the 1995 MK film?

That movie was good if you were 11, if you are in your late 30s its fucking awful.
It's the kind of movie you watch when there nothing else good on TV and you have no internet 

I am expecting teh new Mortal Kombat to be even worst

Edited by DarkSakul

IMO live action Videogame movies still have a long way to go to catch up with most modern comic movies.

That being said, I''ll take more "grilled cheese sandwiches" over pure poop.

IMO

Poop

SF Van Damme

SF Legend of Chun Li

MK Annihilation

Resident Evil

Grilled Cheese

MK -1995

Sonic the Hedgehog - 2020

Tomb Raider -2018

2020 was the year that a Sonic movie was equally good as a Chris Nolan film. 

Never forget.

So, nintendo putting out new HD versions of old zelda games (zelda games that have HD version) on Switch?  I think its funny that this is one of their big things so they talk about it in those meetings or whatever it is you dorks like to watch.  Everyone knows some zeldas are gonna be remade for that shit.  Its like its not even news but folk still get hype. 

You know what game I'd like to see remade for today?  L.A. Noire.  I dont think that will happen but it would be nice to play that game with today's graphics and shit. 

Ima check out Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King later.  It looks ok. 

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

That movie was good if you were 11, if you are in your late 30s its fucking awful.
It's the kind of movie you watch when there nothing else good on TV and you have no internet 

I am expecting teh new Mortal Kombat to be even worst

Looking at the reactions, it's nice to know this post would've been appropriately neg-bombed on old SRK 

I tried out Shattered and its aight.  Kinda boring so far.  I'm tired of games takin' a long time to get going.  I'm like 3 hours in and I've been doing the same thing the entire time.  I don't even understand the story shit I got from the few other characters Ive seen around.  The items...I have no idea what I'm suppose to do with them unless it auto uses them when the time is right.  Like if I have to activate something with an item or something.  The description of the items doesn't say what they do or if they even do anything.  Only thing I know for sure what its doing is the health potion thing.  I'll keep going cause I wanna see if this dudething with a little skeleton on his back gets cool powers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I fired up Capcom Arcade Stadium. This game's presentation is CLEEEEAAAAN. Went head and sprung for the full bundle for $40. Never played 19XX, Giga Wing, Progear, 1944, and several others. Of course there's plenty on here I have played but I'm have to have on Switch. Cyberbots, Mercs, and Final Fight (again). 

You get a TON of options in Capcom Arcade Stadium. Not just talking screen filters though there are those to choose from. You can pick from frames to arcade cabinets, to views, difficulty, ENG or JPN version; a plethora of stuff.

The ability to rewind is broken especially for games like Ghosts 'n Goblins. No longer will I be stuck with that crappy Torch whenever I pick it up by mistake.  I will not fear Red Armers or Ghosts that spawn wherever they want because I got rewind, baby!!!

He Man Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Anyone feel like getting triggered?

https://jezebel.com/who-forgot-to-invite-chun-li-to-the-mortal-kombat-1846300631

Edit: Full disclosure.  Don't know if this is a joke or not but there's an edit in the story that makes it seem like this wasn't lol

And with that, I have a new video to make! my series of non Magic content I call "hot takes" in gaming lol

I enjoy a lot of the weapon types in Monster Hunter World... but my top picks were definitely Charge Blade, Switch Axe and Bow...in that order of preference, actually.  

My favorite track in the game was Rotten Vale; when you fight Odogaron:

*edit---ah yes, listening to it again now... it always takes me back to that first time I heard this while facing "Odie" for the first time in a battle to the death that went on for quite a while...the shit was SO epic.

Edited by MillionX
Just now, MillionX said:

I enjoy a lot of the weapon types in Monster Hunter World... but my top picks were definitely Charge Blade, Switch Axe and Bow...in that order of preference, actually.  

My favorite track in the game was Rotten Vale; when you fight Odogaron:

Charge Blade is King Blade!

I've been seeing some horrible takes on the MK movie and partly the MK franchise in general ever since the movie's trailer dropped.  I generally try to stay away from comments sections for most things but zi was curious to see what people were saying and how they were feeling.  I really don't know what some people want for entertainment these days or if in the case of some of the comments if we've been even paying attention to the same IP for the last 20+ years.

'Just cause is darker than the original, doesn't mean it's going to be good...
Looks kinda cheesy to me  🤷‍♂️'

Like what?  This is essentially MK broken down to some of its simplest essence.  Its BEEN cheesy and the games have been progressively getting darker as time has gone on lol.

Not just coming to Modern consoles, a Remaster coming to Modern consoles, and Cross save progression is supported with consoles and PC

Vicarious Visions is doing the Remaster, same people who did the Crash Bandicoot Remaster. 

Edited by DarkSakul
DIABLO II son, get on the program