Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

I don’t care that Sony is shutting down their servers for PS3 and Vita. I’ve bought over 2500 items them collectively. I enjoyed them for the time I enjoyed them. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve gone back to my PS3 in almost a decade. 

I haven’t had a vita for 6 years and have no real want to get one again. I get why people are upset but I genuinely don’t care. I don’t feel like Ive wasted any money or upset I’m losing that content 

Edited by iStu X

man, there's an enemy in Outriders that is SO ridiculous already... and this dude is just on a sidequest.  I figured I would take that for some easy exp, but nah... this guy comes out with like 8,000 dudes around him as backup, armed with a flamethrower that seems to have 100 miles of reach for some reason, and he can toss grenades that have a huge blast radius....and of course both the bombs and the flamethrower naturally cause fire damage-over-time, so if he hits ya then it's over....since his army of goons are all shooting you at the same time from every possible direction... I turned down the difficulty to "Normal" and so far he's still actually a problem... so yeah fuck that, I'm going back to the main story quest.

Anyway, I also love how violent this is.. you blast someone with a shotgun, and it's about as gory as it should be....you're seeing people ripped apart by any especially devastating firepower like that.... blood-spray, body part chunks flying sometimes...it's gorgeous.

more progress... level 13 Trickster so far, and I got a purple-rarity shotgun now for completing another sidequest.  

Trickster is too much fun, man... I got another power unlocked that is a bit similar to Tracer's "Recall" (I think it's called "Borrowed Time")... it marks the spot I was standing on when casting it... but also gives me extra shielding... for the next 28 seconds or so, I can instantly teleport back to that spot...so you could imagine the shenanigans if you use this in tandem with the various other powers... "Recall" then teleport behind the enemies, kick everybody's ass, maybe with a slow-time bubble somewhere in the mix, then if there's any trouble I teleport back to my original position from where I casted "Borrowed Time".  This character is so ridiculous already, man 🤣

Edited by MillionX

MH Rise has apparently been selling out, had a friend in CA who was looking for the game physically and he was looking for it last weekend at GS, Best Buy and a couple others in his area and couldn't find a copy and then when he was gonna buy it on Amazon it told him he wasn't going to get it till like middle of April.  Don't be surprised if it ends up no.1 on March's NPD if it's like that.

Extra

16 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

MH Rise has apparently been selling out, had a friend in CA who was looking for the game physically and he was looking for it last weekend at GS, Best Buy and a couple others in his area and couldn't find a copy and then when he was gonna buy it on Amazon it told him he wasn't going to get it till like middle of April.  Don't be surprised if it ends up no.1 on March's NPD if it's like that.

Extra

Given how badly Outriders launched, I am probably going to get the digital version.

Ninty does digital properly.

Flash carts just feel better, even if they are digital copies. You still have a physical backup.

This guy has a good general breakdown of beginner stuff in the game

sheeeittt, I've been enjoying it so far, though I've only focused on 2 characters-- my Trickster (level 14 now) and Pyro (11).  The game is delivering on those main, basic things I want to see in a looter shooter kind of thing--- 3rd person perspective, fast action, and cool superpowers on top of the gunplay.  

Even with how crazy Trickster is, there's still some tough situations I've run into already, actually.

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

Apple Arcade makes everyone who likes games cry.

It's an even bigger waste than overpriced last gen PC parts idling in a coffee shop.

I am fine with it. Mostly because Apple gives developers money for them exclusive windows which can help them get the game out or improve it. Also once the window is up most of the games hit everything else anyway, so this just helps the game not be made into mobile Gacha BS and hopefully means a better game assuming it is good enough to hit other platforms.

Devastator... the classes in this game, man...

Devastator has that cool "talk to the hand" thing Neo does in The Matrix, where you hold up your hand and stop all enemy bullets in mid-air....and of course you can throw all that damage right back in their face!

keanu reeves neo GIF

Hell fuckin yeah, man.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If I had to guess, kill her daughters. I can't imagine what else would have pissed her off so badly. Edit: Once again HiFight is doing the lord's work.

Maybe.

Maybe his wife WAS one of her daughters.

The Pro version looks like it runs well.

Edited by JHDK
15 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

THEY KILLED MARIO 😡

And their online sucks.

Mario is immortal.

Of course their online sucks.

Please tell me, though:

Why do people on here seem to hate their digital sales?

They seem just below Steam in practice, if not price, which put them LEAGUES ahead of PSN.

I ask sincerely.

I an genuinely puzzled, and I feel like I am missing something.

Edited by JHDK
3 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Why do people on here seem to hate their digital sales?

I don't really hate their digital sales. But having bought a bunch of games on the Wii VC and them not carry over to the Wii U VC was kinda annoying. And then again with the Switch releasing games I've already paid for only at their discretion and tied to Nintendo Online is pretty shitty.

Just now, Chadouken said:

I don't really hate their digital sales. But having bought a bunch of games on the Wii VC and them not carry over to the Wii U VC was kinda annoying. And then again with the Switch releasing games I've already paid for only at their discretion and tied to Nintendo Online is pretty shitty.

I can see that.

But Sony did that too, with the PS3 digital games.

I lost a TON of content when Sony pulled that.

I only lost Super Metroid from the Wii debacle.

If Ninty pulls that shit another gen, though, I'll be pissed.

There are only so many times I am willing to repurchase a title... even Super Metroid.

(I'd buy it one last time, if it came out on the Switch, and Ninty promised it would carry over.)

1 minute ago, JHDK said:

I only lost Super Metroid from the Wii debacle.

I had a pretty robust catalog of Wii VC games, including a bunch of stuff I never got for Genesis. Ironically, Super Metroid was one of the games I bought again on Wii U... and I still have my original SNES cartridge 😅

I guess the main annoying thing for me is that some of these games are over 30 years old and Nintendo is still fleecing us for them. But I also allow it to happen because I keep buying the motherfuckers lol.

11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I had a pretty robust catalog of Wii VC games, including a bunch of stuff I never got for Genesis. Ironically, Super Metroid was one of the games I bought again on Wii U... and I still have my original SNES cartridge 😅

I guess the main annoying thing for me is that some of these games are over 30 years old and Nintendo is still fleecing us for them. But I also allow it to happen because I keep buying the motherfuckers lol.

No killing Mario.

Only MAME Nintendo.

Mario is dead, Nintendo killed him.
Nintendo Did what Sega Don't. 

19 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

That's when I say fuck you to both Nindy and Sega and download a bunch of roms and play them on my MiSTer 

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

What has Nintendo done worse than Steam, much less Sony?

Legit question.

I must be missing something.

Nintendo didn't tie digital purchases to accounts until the Switch. Before then it tied to the console.

Wii virtual console not carrying over to Wii U virtual console. Then not having it on the Switch at all and replacing with that trash shit they are doing with Nintendo online.

Putting cloud saves behind the paywall to give their shit online value. Also being selective about which games support it. 

NEO: World Ends With You will be set 3 years after the TWEWY the animation

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/neo-the-world-ends-with-you-set-three-years-after-the-world-ends-with-you-the-animation

More information coming April 9

Summer Game Fest 2021 set for June

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/summer-game-fest-2021-set-for-june

Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga delayed

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-delayed-to-unannounced-date

Bethesda is doing a 50% sale on digital games for the eshop, this includes Doom Eternal

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Extra