Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Diablo 2 Resurrected is going to bomb so damned hard, I'm going to have to 8nvwnt new popcorn GIFs for it.

Which is more effort than the devs are putting into improving it.

... which is my actual point.

It is going to go down as a case study for Business School 101, in failing to understand your target audience.

The demographic for profit just isn't there, for a 1:1 Remake with mere cosmetic upgrades

A few raving Auties do not a flourishing playerbase make.

Just now, Chadouken said:

I'll just play it offline.

You may want to check to see if it'll let you. 

IIRC it's one of those games that always has you connected to the server for whatever reason and people were getting booted from single player cause of server drops too. 

Also, I don't really know what I'm talking about so take it all with a grain of salt. I just don't want you to be pissed you dropped $60 for a broken game. 

Heard it's really great when it's working tho

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

You may want to check to see if it'll let you. 

IIRC it's one of those games that always has you connected to the server for whatever reason and people were getting booted from single player cause of server drops too. 

Also, I don't really know what I'm talking about so take it all with a grain of salt. I just don't want you to be pissed you dropped $60 for a broken game. 

Heard it's really great when it's working tho

It is a loot shooter where all the loot looks the same, and you can't aim for shooting.

And that's when you can get on to play.

Because you cannot play the game offline.

The endgame is... timed events, LMMFAO.

But hey. At least they nerfed all of the loot drops and damage numbers from the demo, at launch, and are going to nerf the best kit and skills that still remain viable, merely a week into the launch!

Hard pass, like the colon cancer the game is.

Edited by JHDK
nerf is the exact opposite of "need", Auto-Korean.

All this River City Girls hate kills me because it actually a fucking fantastic it just has a steeper learning curve then most other crawlers. 

I also like how heavy everything feels brawler always feel so fucking floaty.  One of the best things about SOR4 is that everything has weight to it. 

Oh well. 

Edited by RSG3
10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Lets not ignore that The Last of Us isn’t even ten years old yet, so I don’t see the point for that getting the remake treatment.

Skyrim turns 10 in November and it's been ported to every possible system ever made by man or beast. 

And GTA5 is about to get it's second remake/remaster later this year

This is becoming a pattern 

Edited by KingTubb
42 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Nothing about this post is encouraging

Lets not ignore that The Last of Us isn’t even ten years old yet, so I don’t see the point for that getting the remake treatment.

I saw the rumors for this and thought it was dumb as hell.  This game has all of 2 games within the IP with 2nd one having been released less than a year ago.  On top of this, despite the controversy and mixed feeling ripples the game has sent through the gaming community, the game went on to sell at least 4 mill worldwide.  The only reasons I can think of that they'd remake Last of Us is if they want it to reflect the upcoming tv show...OR the writers feel that that they've written themselves in a corner after 2 and none of the avenues that they could pursue after 2's conclusion are areas that they either don't want to go or think are going to be good.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Nothing about this post is encouraging

It is the Super Mario Bros. 1/Resident Evil port effect. Just like how they had a remastered version for the PS4 not long after launch, the 'remake' is all about putting out a showcase title on their latest hardware so people will buy it again.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:13 PM, CDB2k20 said:

God, I want that Pro-Controller!!

But none of the stores in my part of Texas has them.

Anyways, I'm in the endgame armor, deco' and charm grind now. Though, I'm thinking of creating a second character account. 

I'll more than likely create a male hunter since some of the armor looks badass!!

Ask and shall receive 

I've been playing Outriders with no worries about server shit.  I play it solo doe.

spacer.png

Im going to check out Trails of Cold Steel IV later on today.

Oh and this is pretty cool.  Nice to play BG and BG2 on the go.

https://wololo.net/2021/04/09/ps-vita-release-gemrb-baldurs-gate-icewind-dale-planescape-torment-engine-0-8-7/

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
9 hours ago, iStu X said:

Last gen wasn’t dubbed the Remake/Remaster Era for nothin’

This gen is going to be:

The Remake/Remaster Gen: Remake

Because let us face it - with system names like "PS5", originality of nomenclature is not their strong suit.

I mean, at least give systems subtitles or something.

Like:

PS5: 9.5 Bottles of Gulden Draak Capacity Mini-fridge Edition

Call me simple ,but I prefer the blase ps5 name to whatever the xbox counterpart is.

Either MS should have used the arabic number system in ascending order like sony or use microsoft Xbox: "Word" like nintendo.

Switch /gamecube/ (not wii or wii u) 

Wii makes me think of urination.

Official Techno Syndrome for the new MK movie got put up for those interested

It's ok...I'll probably let it marinate a bit more before giving it another listen but personally I don't think it's better than the original and I don't feel like it's going to be better than the original upon 2nd listen.  It has some interesting ideas but I have certain expectations of this track especially if it's supposed to get people hyped during the fights and I feel it's falling short.  Curious to see how they'll make it work for the movie so maybe I'll be wrong.

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

This fucking gaping dragon, man. I had him down to one god damned hit and he trampled the fuck out of me.  I'll tell you one thing- I'll never look at a vagina the same way again 😐

gaping-dragon-dark-souls-300x169.jpg

Bruh.

Least you finally found the Vagina Dentata Dragon. 

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Sonic Colors Remaster shows up at both a voice over studio portfolio in Germany, and on a French retailer website

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/sonic-colors-remastered-listed-in-portfolio-of-german-voice-over-studio

Looking through the commits of this article I'm surprised by the amount of demand there is for a remaster of Sonic 06. That game needs to be finished not a remaster. 

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Ugh, do we really need a remake of Last of Us 1?  We JUST had a remaster a few years ago. Time to move on 🤦🏾‍♂️

Neil Druckmann probably wants the narrative of the original game to match the sequel. One the biggest criticism of the part 2 is how much it had to invalidate the first game to make its narrative possible. 

On 4/9/2021 at 10:01 AM, KingTubb said:

Skyrim turns 10 in November and it's been ported to every possible system ever made by man or beast. 

And GTA5 is about to get it's second remake/remaster later this year

This is becoming a pattern 

Yeah, but there is a difference between porting a game and remaking it.

Porting Skyrim and GTAV is just putting doing the work to make the game available on a platform with the changes needed to make it work.

In the case of TLOU they are essentially making the game again, probably making changes to the story plus using the new engine for TLOU2, creating new assets, etc.

Sony wants to bring 'popular' PlayStation game franchises to phones

The company is hiring someone to lead its mobile gaming push.

• A job listing for a Head of Mobile role at PlayStation Studios has been found online.
  • Candidates will be asked to lead the studio's expansion from console and PC to mobile and live services.
  • The listing indicates that Sony is looking at bringing its most popular franchises to mobile.

Eurogamer has noticed that Sony is hiring an executive at PlayStation Studios that would focus on bringing PlayStation's "most popular franchises" to mobile. While the listing unsurprisingly doesn't mention titles or timeframes, the new Head of Mobile would develop a three- to five-year strategy.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-04-10-sony-plots-big-playstation-push-into-mobile-gaming

59 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Furokawa says Ninty will have new IPs coming down the pipeline along with their normal IPs

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-says-it-will-focus-on-more-original-game-series-in-the-future

Gotta give that new blood more opportunities to prove themselves, so far so good with Splatoon

So hype for GBC Shatae. I wanna play the series in order 

4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Just copped that ^

I was going to if they had reneged on the bullshit Online Only nonsensical tyrannical DRM.

As it stands, I copped Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning and the complete edition of Remnant from the Ashes, instead.

The vanilla version of Remnant was free on PS+ and good enough to invest in the whole package (all DLC) for $30.

Fuck Always Online gaming.

Never Always. (tm)

Edited by JHDK
Auto-Korean.