Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Please note that if you subscribe through Patreon I CAN see it.  Unfortunately the forum plugin that is supposed to grant you benefits automatically is acting weird.  If I can't get this resolved in the next day or so I will grant you your benefits manually. 

So if you subscribe and don't get your stuff right away, just hold tight.

Thanks for your patience and support!

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Im already asking for a premium subforum.

👀

This guy.  Just got here and already trying to form a secret cabal.

...I'll consider it.

7 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Please note that if you subscribe through Patreon I CAN see it.  Unfortunately the forum plugin that is supposed to grant you benefits automatically is acting weird.  If I can't get this resolved in the next day or so I will grant you your benefits manually. 

So if you subscribe and don't get your stuff right away, just hold tight.

Thanks for your patience and support!

This guy.  Just got here and already trying to form a secret cabal.

...I'll consider it.

What kind of benefits are these benefits 

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Everything is detailed here.  I hope to add stuff over time but for now this is what you get. 👼

Those are some beneficial benefits. 

Animated avatar file size increase would be a nice bonus too. Also, I know the old Galaga shields were brought up, but some kind of icons related to posts (outside of the leveled avatar. Which is a more general icon to show how you’ve contributed) would be cool too. 

I know a lot of people are wanting it “the way it was” on the other site. So I get why you’d be hesitant to adapt some of the changes people are asking.

My argument though is  you’ve done a great job of modernizing all the stuff we’ve loved about posting in forums over the years. I’m not even talking about from the other forum we migrated from either. Just in general.  So a lot of members want see that kind of creativity continue. 

Edited by iStu X
15 minutes ago, Zero said:

Galaga Shileds plz.

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Animated avatar file size increase would be a nice bonus too. Also, I know the old Galaga shields were brought up, but some kind of icons related to posts (outside of the leveled avatar) would be cool too.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

SNK win icons

Thank you for your feedback!

Once I get the forum plugin working I'll see what can be done about these.

3 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Thank you for your feedback!

Once I get the forum plugin working I'll see what can be done about these.

Someone mentioned a prem only section but with how little members have so far I feel that would be a waste of resources until those numbers grow. 

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that a prem section would be good for is (if able) be able to beta test some of the bigger changes you’d like to do. 

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

SNK win icons.

We've left SRK. This place needs its own flair.

SNK win icons are cool too.

Galaga shields were never really SRK's own flair, though. Multiple fighting game forums had 'em. SRK didn't until they begged cka to install the hack.

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You gonna spill the tea all over a new forum. 

Mentioned this in a thread in SRK (an idea that Preppy vetoed), but I wanted a way to section of GD. Didn't think new accounts should be allowed to go straight into GD. If not, create a space that was similar to premium so I could have wild threads away from public eye. That way wild stuff had its own place where it could exists and then I could mercilessly banhammer the hell out of anybody bringing that stuff into GD from the other place.

But yeah sure, I just wanted to turn SRK into 4chan.

😂

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Mentioned this in a thread in SRK (an idea that Preppy vetoed), but I wanted a way to section of GD. Didn't think new accounts should be allowed to go straight into GD. If not, create a space that was similar to premium so I could have wild threads away from public eye. That way wild stuff had its own place where it could exists and then I could mercilessly banhammer the hell out of anybody bringing that stuff into GD from the other place.

But yeah sure, I just wanted to turn SRK into 4chan.

😂

What's your definition of a wild thread?

Mostly topics you cant trust regular population to handle in a mature way.

Premium threads werent bad, they were different and more honest than a regular SRK thread. Election thread would've been prime material for an SRK premium.

Stuff you dont want in public because it aint a great look, you toss in prem.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Mostly topics you cant trust regular population to handle in a mature way.

Premium threads werent bad, they were different and more honest than a regular SRK thread. Election thread would've been prime material for an SRK premium.

Stuff you dont want in public because it aint a great look, you toss in prem.

Oh. I thought you meant like wheelchair hotties, pissing on threads, teaching pimpology, etc.

7 minutes ago, Zero said:

Is the MvC2 clock tower stage theme live now for patreons?

The themes and premium features are all working (in fact I am using them right now!), but the plugin that turns them on for people once they subscribe is busted.

If you subscribe now I can still see it on my Patreon page.  If the plugin does not get fixed in the next 24 hours or so I will just start upgrading people by  hand. 

Feel free to subscribe now if you like -- I am keeping a close watch on the Patreon page!

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I know of exactly the section to put it in.

spacer.png

It's low key funny to see you of all people being so adamant against making a new one here. 🤣

Tangentially related, but it's kind of a missed opportunity for you to not use that signature laughing gif of yours as an AV. Just sayin.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

It's low key funny to see you of all people being so adamant against making a new one here. 🤣

Tangentially related, but it's kind of a missed opportunity for you to not use that signature laughing gif of yours as an AV. Just sayin.

I really did think about it, but that one belonged more to the Starhammer account and thanks to SRK1 it really is now tied to there.  New place, new name, new av.  Besides, the otter looks even happier.

Don't worry though.  If the situation arrives, Mr. Heston will appear and offer his unique response to whatever may grace the site.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Well, she picked this foolishness apart quite nicely for us

Just on any of the pictures released leading up to this I knew it would be pure trash.

This is also reminding me how race-swaps in terms of casting are hilarious and stupid, imo.  (that character "L." ...which probably few people will openly complain about because it's a black actor playing the part, and that race-swap is generally considered "OK" by a lot of people who seem to care more about representation than serious, accurate casting.  These people would have you believe it's totally fine to have Oprah Winfrey play Selina Kyle, I suppose....or Jennifer Lopez playing Amanda Waller while Leslie Jones gets to be Jean Grey, and the RZA plays Alfred in the next Batman film. )  Some will forever disagree with this, but to me... if you are more concerned with representation over accurate casting...chances are good that whatever show or movie you're producing is going to look like silly horseshit that no one with any decent amount of good taste will care to watch...unless they want to laugh. 

actually this "progressive casting" game is pretty fun... how 'bout:

The Flinstones, starring Zendaya as Fred Flintstone, and Kerry Washington as Wilma

Carlos Mencia is Barney Rubble, and Lupita Nyongo is Betty.

Married with Children Remake...

Chris Rock is Al Bundy, and Whoopi Goldberg is Peg.  Jet Li is Bud Bundy and Betty White is Kelly Bundy.... special guest star is T-Boz as Marcy, of course.

Final Fantasy VII...

You know these people would have Gabourey Siddebe playing Tifa, or Michael B. Jordan as Cloud and Jaden Smith playing Sephiroth.

for the Bayonetta film they'd put Lizzo as Bayonetta herself.  Tyler Perry is Jeanne.

Edited by MillionX