Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

I'm a filthy '09er, but I lurked for two years and didn't create an account until 2011 when the locals in Boise said they were all on and used it to meet up for games. So technically I'm an '11er. I'll have been posting on SRK for a decade come February. 

Lol, been on SRK longer than I've been sober. I should go back read some of the early shit I posted drunk 😆

I'm a flithy 11er. I signed up during the Marvel 3 hype train. I was lurking when the KFC meme bread born. Pre-release Storm/Sentinel/Magneto was original recipe and other stupid shit like that. I forget who it was but the mod killed all the KFC meme as there was nothing within the game that used those initials and they didn't want to confuse new users.

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

Iirc, I joined around S1 or 2 of SFV.

Yeah, I joined right around the time Kolin was released (2nd character in S2). I just got a PS4 and created an account to ask about single player options and survival mode... Ended up finding my way to the SFV Lounge, and found out through y’all there was actually tournaments and streams for this shit, and got so hyped I ran an Ethernet cable to my PS4 to hop online and whoop some ass, and all I’ve done in those 3.5 years was hop online 🤣

9 hours ago, MillionX said:

Well, she picked this foolishness apart quite nicely for us

Just on any of the pictures released leading up to this I knew it would be pure trash.

This is also reminding me how race-swaps in terms of casting are hilarious and stupid, imo.  (that character "L." ...which probably few people will openly complain about because it's a black actor playing the part, and that race-swap is generally considered "OK" by a lot of people who seem to care more about representation than serious, accurate casting.  These people would have you believe it's totally fine to have Oprah Winfrey play Selina Kyle, I suppose....or Jennifer Lopez playing Amanda Waller while Leslie Jones gets to be Jean Grey, and the RZA plays Alfred in the next Batman film. )  Some will forever disagree with this, but to me... if you are more concerned with representation over accurate casting...chances are good that whatever show or movie you're producing is going to look like silly horseshit that no one with any decent amount of good taste will care to watch...unless they want to laugh. 

actually this "progressive casting" game is pretty fun... how 'bout:

The Flinstones, starring Zendaya as Fred Flintstone, and Kerry Washington as Wilma

Carlos Mencia is Barney Rubble, and Lupita Nyongo is Betty.

Married with Children Remake...

Chris Rock is Al Bundy, and Whoopi Goldberg is Peg.  Jet Li is Bud Bundy and Betty White is Kelly Bundy.... special guest star is T-Boz as Marcy, of course.

Final Fantasy VII...

You know these people would have Gabourey Siddebe playing Tifa, or Michael B. Jordan as Cloud and Jaden Smith playing Sephiroth.

for the Bayonetta film they'd put Lizzo as Bayonetta herself.  Tyler Perry is Jeanne.

hmm.  I didn't even know they had released another Death note.  Looks like I didn't miss anything except horrible acting.

9 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Who here  joined srk1 at the inception in 2000?

Million.

I can't recall anyone else.

I joined in April 2001.

My first account which was Stormhammer was there from the start.  My Starhammer account didn't exist until I went to Japan.  For some reason, I couldn't log in as stormhammer so I made that one and the rest is a long ass history.

sheeittt, I still remember certain "characters" over the years that stood out in one way or another, like Shin Chuji, perplex shyt, Dasrik, Jinsogood.

..and the few fine ass ladies there---"ne0phyte"..."Tacochan"....also "rinispark" and Neesa.  Some even inspired a load on occasion, tbh. 🤪

*on another non-TMI note though... apparently the current writer on Dragonball Super has Goku doing insanely stupid shit in battle yet again like the "good ol' days"... "Geekdom" is on the case as usual with commentary:

Spoiler

Edited by MillionX
30 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I woke up screaming last night. Had a nightmare about a witch. But it weren't no Halloween fucking witch. More like an evil entity in my room. Woke my wife up. Crazy shit.

lemme guess.  No titties?  I hate those dreams too.  Bitch gonna come up in my room when I finally fall asleep, you'd think they would at least make it worth the visit.

17 minutes ago, Angel said:

122125405_10218206614657181_620235302592

Just cooked up this delicious boot leather that I know some of ya'll love so much.

Edit: aw it just shows that pic and not the facebook post?   lol breh was getting DRAGGED.    How you got fucking "splinters" on the edge of the plate coming off that dry ass shit?

I'm 100% sure that people coined the term "well done"  steak out of pure sarcasm. 🤣

17 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Who here  joined srk1 at the inception in 2000

Million.

I can't recall anyone else.

I joined in April 2001.

I cam over with the rest of the fighters.net migration in 2000... ... or was that 2001? Not sure at this point. I think I had an account there but never really used it much until the big migration.

Edited by Zero