Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

2 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

How prepared (paranoid) are ya'll about backing up your data on your PC/Mobile device? I have 2 back up external HDD I update once a month (or when I am bored) and a few flash drives with some small backup data tucked away. Do you do more or less? 

I don't have a set schedule.

If I think something is important I back it up in 2 or 3 places and then just update my backups when I feel like there's been an significant change that warrants creating a new backup.

For really small stuff I'll just throw it onto my Google Drive and not worry about it.

An attractive woman who *appears* to be into him (and at a glance she looks to be "of legal age" to me)... of course he was going to go for it....ha, even at 76 years old....but yeah, he saw what appeared to be an opportunity to get some and went with it.

..but lesson learned once again---don't ever fully trust anyone....even for a moment.   (*and I'm always tempted to add "..especially not women...at least now in modern times.")  It's always better to be safe than sorry, and avoid any situation that is a "gamble" in life.  

Edited by MillionX

sheeeittt, I had one hell of a hot ass dream last night about eating out Roxy of Collider/Afterbuzz/youtube fame.  I was putting my all into that and making sure she would never forget the power-level of this tongue jutsu.  I'm sending her to The Next Dimension with that.  (note-- her hotness goes into overdrive for me when she does the Harley Quinn voice....woo lawd that is niiiiiice )

It's actually been a while since I dreamed about anyone with any level of fame... at least in "that way".  I think the last one was "Rebecca" (Claire Holt) from The Originals/Vampire Diaries.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, Scanman said:

So I watched Wayne's World for the first time yesterday. It's a pretty funny movie (1 watch only though).

I googled the main actress of the movie, mannnnnnn has she let herself go. I know it's 30 years later and all but she's.... fat now. Not thicc, just fat.

Profound sadness.

That's how I felt when I saw how Colleen Camp went. 

300?cb=20200716204756

We'll always remember you, Yvette

One of my favorite scenes from the original Fright Night; I thought the effects on display here were so cool at the time..

I remember Dad telling me that "Billy" here was a zombie, but nah... that description doesn't really jive with what is typically shown as a zombie (*since he appears to be a normal person most of the time; zombies are usually shown as rotting re-animated corpses all the time with no real intelligence; very lame, bottom-rank creatures of the night if ya ask me)... the film never spells it out but more than likely he is a "ghouled" servant, of course made that way by Jerry himself....he would have some degree of supernatural power (likely superhuman strength in his case) but can still pass for human and walk around just fine in daylight.  

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

How prepared (paranoid) are ya'll about backing up your data on your PC/Mobile device? I have 2 back up external HDD I update once a month (or when I am bored) and a few flash drives with some small backup data tucked away. Do you do more or less? 

everytime I don't make copies of something to at least two different drives I get caught slippin.  My latest computer has a blu-ray RW and over 20TB of space not counting the main drive for that reason.  Everything getting copied to disk and the disks are being guarded by the son of the original Schlitz malt liquor bull.  Don't try him.  He'll fuck you all the way up.  I won't lose another piece of por.......err, data due to some jackass drive dying.

16 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Doctamario,

How was St. Thomas?

Awesome. The scenery there is so beautiful it almost looks like photoshop if you've never seen anything like it (and I hadn't. My girl told me that people used to accuse her of retouching her pics of the place)  We got a lot of beach time in, did some sailing, a lot of snorkeling, even did some parasailing.

The food was also pretty great! Pate is one of my favorite things ever and I'd had gas station pate before but we ended up stopping at this little soul food shack on the main drag and having some there and it was incredible. It's a beautiful place, we'll be going back at some point for sure!

14 hours ago, Angel said:

Over here playing this free Vampyr game we got on psn getting my @MillionXon

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I got Vampyre through but i haven't started it. Everything I hear about it has been really positive so i hope to dig into it soon. 

You guys will have to let me know what you think of the game, it's one of my favorites of this gen and it's one of those games you can play again and again  and it'll never be the same twice. I'd say do your best not to look up hints and experience the game organically. The story is pretty great and it unfolds itself nicely if you don't spoil anything. 

Plus, the music and sound design are absolutely incredible. Play with headphones for at least a little bit and you'll see what I mean. 

Edited by DoctaMario

ha, that reminds me of an especially bizarre "OCD Boomer" moment with my Dad... not that long ago there was a day when he was driving all around town with me, trying to find a "Yellow Pages" phonebook.... of course I knew better than to argue the point that they're basically obsolete now and have been for a while...because then I would never hear the end of it; it would be at least 10 hours of ranting and rambling about that topic.  The strange thing is that he is actually inclined to use the internet for various things, social media and all that....so it's not like he's one of those that is still living like it's 1983......but certain old things he won't let go or swear up and down that it's still important and relevant in modern times.  

1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Have you ever asked yourself,"Just how broken was Street Fighter the movie the arcade game"?  Well, here's your answer.

Super mega fuckety fucks. 

I remember how awesome it was in the arcade back then when I was in grade school because it had a tag mode just like alpha 2 gold.  

That people were thinking and amaze when some are playing with unconventional mode in an arcade because other SF titles were just plain old arcade mode.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Weird anachronistic moment today when a new phone book was dropped off at my house.

Jfc, it's 2020- why are they still wasting all that paper?

It's almost like whoever is dropping them off is tacit saying, "Hey, could you throw this out for me?" 

There are some people who aren't really using the internet, so I'm sure SOMEONE is still using the Yellow pages. Gotta say though, there are a lot of areas where companies basically assume you have a smartphone and tailor the experience towards that without any real contingency for if you don't. I tried signing up for something recently and didn't want to use my phone, but there was really no way to complete the sign up without one. 

Edited by DoctaMario
6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It's almost like whoever is dropping them off is tacit saying, "Hey, could you throw this out for me?" 

There are some people who aren't really using the internet, so I'm sure SOMEONE is still using the Yellow pages. Gotta say though, there are a lot of areas where companies basically assume you have a smartphone and tailor the experience towards that without any real contingency for if you don't. I tried signing up for something recently and didn't want to use my phone, but there was really no way to complete the sign up without one. 

Wechat (the Chinese copy of Whatsapp) (I'm not Chinese- need it for work) has the same issue- there is no legitimate browser version of the App. To log in to the app, you have to scan the QR code from your phone, making it a totally superflous desktop app.

I finally just downloaded bluestacks (android emulator) to use the app correctly. Ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Angel said:

lol yeah facebook is a mess and everyone is so sensitive.   The only ppl that can ever get away with being shit heads are like literal racist and nazi's that seem to get a pass for some reason.   Stupid shit gets autoflagged but they can flood a page with hard r's all day

My mother has been getting put in FB jail for posting Christian things.  Jesus is offensive now.

5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I keep a strict non-engagement policy on facebook because these people I have to deal with IRL could not handle knowing how I really feel about their dumb-shittery.

I rarely if ever get on social media in general these days, but on the rare time when I need to get on FB, I feel like playing something to the effect of, "Just because you have a social media account doesn't mean you have to have a public opinion on everything" because it seems like everyone thinks their political opinions NEED to be heard. 

Interesting... so Jonathan Stark, who was "Billy" in Fright Night...he went on to do more behind the camera as a producer, including a few big deals like According to Jim, Ellen [sitcom] and The Drew Carey Show... and he is credited as a writer on 3 episodes of Cheers:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0823206/ 

heh, oh yeah "Evil"'s laugh in that movie gets me every time... I actually have it saved on my phone as an occasional alert tone--- "Ohhhh you're SO COOL, Brewster!"

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Scanman said:

there is no legitimate browser version of the App. To log in to the app, you have to scan the QR code from your phone, making it a totally superflous desktop app.

Isn't Whatsapp itself on the same nonsense?

48 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I keep a strict non-engagement policy on facebook because these people I have to deal with IRL could not handle knowing how I really feel about their dumb-shittery.

Same. I'm adamant about not making a Facebook. Period. Consequences be damned. It's just not worth the headache.

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

Isn't Whatsapp itself on the same nonsense?

There is a browser version of it now. In WhatsApp's case it makes sense not to have a desktop version for security reasons. If you can access the messages from multiple places, it makes them less secure and security is/was one of WhatsApp's selling points. It's why apps like Signal don't have desktop access (that I'm aware of anyway.) 

10 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

There is a browser version of it now.

I know, I use it on an almost daily basis, but what I meant was the whole "Gotta read that QR code to log in" Scanman mentioned.

Unless WeChat does something different that I'm not aware of.

Harloff interviewed the lovely Tiffany Smith recently... and more Tiffany on screen is always a good thing, imo:

...another cutie I have G4 to thank; I remember first seeing her hosting some things there....I've been keeping tabs ever since.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It's going a step further beyond that by expecting you to have any basic social media account to log into a site (Google/facebook/twitter)  under the notion of it being easier to do that than made an account/password. 

3 hours ago, Red Rock Candy said:

My mother has been getting put in FB jail for posting Christian things.  Jesus is offensive now.

Funny enough, that is only a thing in USA. 

In latin america most users put that stuff all the time. 

Hell, they dont even ban/shadow ban/jail you for arguing against intersectional crap... 

... Yet. 

Is kind of amusing. 

Like how CNN is leftist trash on USA, but is right wing crap on latin america.