Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

I’m bummed about Halloween. It’s my favourite holiday by a long shot, and I like to believe we always have the scariest house, but give out full-size chocolate bars as a reward.

I normally leave a lot of fallen leaves on the property to help with the mood (with a relatively clean pathway), but I’ll be keeping the whole yard clean this year, as I do throughout the rest of it. Our lights will be off this year, while we watch tv upstairs, hiding from the few kids that will be out.

I’m happy it falls on a weekend though. I’m definitely watching some horror flicks Friday and Saturday night.

actually, while I’m on it, any good horror recommendations?

Edited by Mattatsu

One year it rained a day before and the day of Halloween so an idea was made to have a mini trick or treat trail inside the house for the youngest set. Each room had some basic decorations and the end was the kitchen where the kids had some small dessert treats to share. It wasn't much but my nieces/nephews liked it (of course they were between 5-10) and it only worked out because my mother's house is a modest 2 story house.

My recommendation is to think of something creative if you got kids, or perhaps make a new tradition. This for me will the be the first in 10 years that I am not working Halloween due to well no park reopening fully. GF and I may watch a few movies/stream Disneyland Halloween Fireworks (she misses them a lot now). If ya'll never seen them, it's one of the few things I co-sign Disney does. The special event Halloween parties were the best time of the year for me to work. 

Just now, Sonero said:

Not sure why you'd bring up suicide that way.

Have you considered therapy?

Just look at this thread.  I never said his name, but you can see that HE is known here. You are not known here. Your posts have no motivation, no discipline, no inspiration, no  nothing. It causes nothing but sadness, regret, despair, erectile disfunction, and other negative things. What motivates me is seeing the Greatest Poster come to this site and make it a site worthy of being called  SRK successor and making sure the girlymen are in check. 

Its futile , but I wish any of these folks came back:

The Invincible Swordsman

Manx

Shaft Agent

Roninchaos

colguile

RPD Rookie

Neesa

Akumachan

Shin Mech Brian (I believe achanand him got together. Dude also loved Transformers)

Epidemic

White Shadow (He made an account here, but I guess hes too busy to check in)

Crucades

Thurst

Shadowace

DJ Hyperkid

Gimpy (Hes on srk1, but hasnt made an account here)

Muff Daddy

Jimmy1200

Koop

Sonicabid (He seems vehemently opposed to the idea of this place)

Drzzt

Edited by DangerousJ

I checked out that movie Vampires vs. the Bronx...it was mildly enjoyable...a bit on the "ok" side.

As I figured though, the finale was of course, annoyingly stupid.  The main characters are kids, so you already have to mentally prepare yourself for the absurd idea of a couple of pre-teen kids being able to successfully defeat a group of powerful vampires.  I realize it's comedic in tone but it still irks me...especially the very end when the last one finally gets killed.  At the very least, the way the vamps are in this movie is alright with me.  They're certainly leagues better than the trash "common" ones you see in The Strain and the Van Hellsing series.  They at least got some key basics right---superhuman strength, flying, some basic "mesmerize" ability (*this is way less advanced than what you see on the CW shows though.), and at least some implied super-speed....along with the usual downsides, including the "must be invited before entering a house" thing...and it's tougher to kill them and ordinary humans (one scene shows a group of them being gunned down, but of course they get right back up later)  Edit---also the mirror thing... they don't cast reflections.  A lot of shows and movies tend to just leave that one out (I figure it's because that's a bit inconvenient for the story)  

edit ---heh, it always makes me laugh that The Strain is the one thing I've seen that manages to make vampirism look like a terrible deal...the only show where I've thought about and was like "eh...nah I'll pass on that deal."

The movie does at least have this gorgeous creature:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0300589/

...yeah, tabs will be kept. 🕵️‍♂️

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

The Invincible Swordsman

Manx

Shaft Agent

Roninchaos

colguile

RPD Rookie

Neesa

Akumachan

Shin Mech Brian (I believe achanand him got together. Dude also loved Transformers)

Epidemic

Crucades

Thurst

Shadowace

DJ Hyperkid

Muff Daddy

Jimmy1200

Koop

Drzzt

Which I don't get. People bitched incessantly, and rightfully so, about how much of a shit show Discourse is. This place has always been closer to what the old SRK was. The people running SRK literally give zero shits about their forum's community. This has been clear for quite some time and the most recent events just exposed how little they care. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Honest question.

How many of you actually wear underwear? I've never understood why we wear it or even own more than one.

What isn't normal about going commando? Wearing underwear is a burden to be honest, because it can take a lot of time to take your dick out to pee and i have had several accidents where i couldn't take it out on time and ended up pissing on my hand for a bit.

I also never really changed my underwear when I used to wear it. I just wore one and just washed it every week or so, while going commando till it dried. 

edit: are mods hacking up my posts? what are these gifs on my profile? I'm not an atheist. 

Edited by weneedhim
10 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

The Invincible Swordsman

Manx

Shaft Agent

Roninchaos

colguile

RPD Rookie

Neesa

Akumachan

Epidemic

Crucades

Thurst

Shadowace

DJ Hyperkid

Muff Daddy

Jimmy1200

Koop

Drzzt

Epidemic and Shadow ace are very active on Discord. Gotta have to lure them here from there.

no underwear most of the time.  It's comfortable to "swing free".  Also, this works out well if one happens to have certain exhibitionist tendencies... and you realize that women are *always* checking down there to see what many of them they call "that print"....aka the "dick print".  They're always checking to see ya meatpipe situation down there, so why not give them a slightly easier show? (without actually whipping out in public, which obviously would cause problems.  It's like flashing but with a safe amount of subtlety.)

With the pandemic now fucking up civilization and staying at home 99% of the time being the new normal, there's really no point now.  That's one bit of a silver lining there...to be "at work" but still in sweatpants or whatever throughout the day.

Also it's 1 less clothing item needing to be washed = a lighter laundry load there.

9 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

No, but i really wanted to, but forgot. So that will definitely be watched. Thanks!

+1 vote for Hereditary. That movie is amazing.

I actually liked that director's follow up even more (Midsommar) but it's not quite the same thing. Hereditary is the easier recommend and the better Halloween movie.

If you haven't seen "The Witch" I thought that was a fun little horror ish flick. Also seasonally appropriate.

I feel like I've watched a bunch of horror movies recently but most of them are ones I'd recommend with caveats. Also for Halloween you want a certain feel to a movie.

Like "Lake Mungo" was really good, but not quite a Halloween movie despite it being a ghost story.

When in doubt just serve up a double batch of Hellraiser 1 + 2. Then immediately stop or move to something else.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Underwear are a necessity.

That is why I wear underware, that shit gets nasty after a while. Plus some fabrics is known to chafe. 
And when you get older, seeing someone without underware, that shit just ratchet and unclean. 
I don't want some ratchey dirty hoe. 

When you are also in your 20s, It's cute seeing a random 20 something girl with no panties on out there on the street.
When you are older, it gets disturbing when you see a random 30 or 40s something woman doing the same thing.
And no I am not speaking of once you are in a relationship and she decides its "play time" with you. 

Edited by DarkSakul
14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Geez Louise looks like we got an A24 fan over here 

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Don't blame you. A24 seems to put out tons of quality stuff 

Probably wouldn't help if I said I also really enjoyed "The Lighthouse" eh?

I was huge into slashers when I was younger. As I've gotten older I've sort of lost my love of em, so the more artsy fartsy ones are creeping to the fore. Still love horror movies in general though. 

y'know, I think no matter what... the global pandemic situation was always destined to be the Achilles' Heel of this species.  There's no real defense against it, particularly in modern times since world-travel was so convenient.

The only hope in such a situation is the immediate shutdown of a nation's border (*perhaps people would be allowed to leave if they want; but would not be allowed back in until this shit is under control)...and even that tactic is only wishful thinking since by the time the powers that be are aware they need to act, every place is already compromised anyway due to so much travel happening on a regular basis.  It would be even further delayed by those who chime in going "but doing such a thing would be racist/xenophobic!!" or whatever. (*seems silly to me, imo...to argue about such things if/when there's a potential extinction-level event on the table.)  It's something that will play out this way literally every time, until we finally get that pandemic where the plague in question has a seriously HIGH mortality rate, and then it's a guaranteed "game over" for this pathetic species.

Back on with my preferred fun topic... another dose of VTM lore that no one asked for but whatever...the "Thinblood" vamps:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Thin-blooded

^the only good, interesting things about them to me is that they can mimic the disciplines of regular vamps via their alchemy...but of course only up to a certain point...there's that and the fact that they are described as more life-like (*some even being able to tolerate dim sunlight, eat regular food, or actually have children with normal humans!)  Sheeeitttt, I'd still rather not be one of those.  Give me that FULL vampire status, bruh.  

In the upcoming Bloodlines 2, the player character starts off as a "thinblood", but you get to become the real deal at some point of course. (more than likely a blood hunt type of quest, and you are allowed to "diablerize" the target)  You were one of the victims in a "mass embrace" as well... that's one hell of a "masquerade" violation there, whoever was behind that....should be interesting/fun to find out what's up with that.

Edited by MillionX