Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Normally I am not triggered by puff-pieces, but this . . . . . . 

https://www.newsweek.com/back-future-hidden-detail-spotted-movie-buff-1582283

TWIN PINES MALL . . . . .

2ougpw.jpg

You're telling me people actually didn't notice that, even after multiple viewings . It's 2021 and Newsweek has the audacity to publish this article. I am gonna have to take an entire weekend  and stay off of the internet. 

giphy.gif

I have a seething rage right now. You can't be called a "movie buff" if you can't catch a point that was setup and paid off IN THE DAMN MOVIE!

Edited by OPTIMUS124

The Hogan Family is on Antenna TV at the moment... it's an older season when Valerie Harper was still on there, back when it was called "Valerie".  I knew there was something negative about how she left that show but I didn't know as much juicy detail until now... thanks to some quick internet research...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hogan_Family

man, this was harsh..

"Harper's character was killed off in the series after its second season, when Harper was fired from the series following contractual disputes."

damn, they went so far as to kill the character, instead of trying to replace her 🤣  That's a bit dark for a sitcom, eh?  After 2 seasons, you have a main character die.  This reminds me... they let John Ritter's character die when he died for real on that show 8 Simple Rules....of course that show never recovered though.  Valerie the show would go on to last a few more seasons as The Hogan Family with Sandy Duncan, who was quite the underrated tv milf, imo.  I would've pounced that cute one without question. (Harper was alright too, imo; she could've got the Bone too.)

haha this episode that's on right now... the twin boys are spying on a girl that's having a slumber party... of course there's no way in the world this would happen on a prime-time sitcom kinda show today. 😆

Edited by MillionX

wha?  We mention Sandy and don't bring up the wheat thins commercials?  

I know the quality is crap, but it's got the black sweater one that I actually missed from back then.

A few of the other brothers I used to hang out with all agreed on Sandy Duncan as well.  I know I did sleep on some of the ones you've mentioned, but not this time. 

I wanted to see the recent Godzilla/Kong films , but since renting them all through youtube would cost the same as 1 month of HBOMax, I bit the bullet and subscribed.

I have never seen any of the Japanese films of either creature except the 1998 Matthew Broderick one, which was mediocre. 

Quick Thoughts:

Godzilla 2014 - 7.5/10.  Decent film and effects but outside of Bryan Cranston's character, I didn't care for the humans. Also, GZ only makes his appearance 1 hr into the film and a lot of his srceentime is blocked which is annoying. 

Kong Skull Island   7/10.  Much more out and out a cheesy action/horror film. Im glad we see Kong out and about only 30 min into it. Most of the human chars I dont like except for John C Reilly's Marlow and Sam Jackson's over the top colonel-  "YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN  IN HELL! lol

Brie Larson seems to actually emote in this film as opposed to MCU.  Loki as Tomb Raider was mediocre.  I would have wanted John Goodman's character to get more screent time. After the beginning, he is pushed to the background too quickly. I like how they have an Asian eye candy girl who does basically nothing lol.

4 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I think she is a Director's actor. If you tell her to act a certain way, she will stay in that box. She's insanely charismatic in Scott Pilgrim. 

Reminds me of the Hayden Chrisitiensen situation where people only saw Star Wars and wrote him off as a bad actor but you watch his other work and he is wonderful. Life is a House is a great movie about a son and father reconnecting. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Reminds me of the Hayden Chrisitiensen situation where people only saw Star Wars and wrote him off as a bad actor but you watch his other work and he is wonderful. Life is a House is a great movie about a son and father reconnecting. 

And Kevin Klein is always godlike.

There is not a single movie wherein his presence does not improve it by orders of magnitude.

But yeah, middle Ani was mad solid, too.

That's actually one of my fscorite movies.

Top 200 for sure, wherein the top 200 includes the technical marvels as well as Lawrence of Arabia and its kin.

2 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

So yeah, FUCK Prince Philip

Fucking the UK looks like 1984 here. 

Yeah, FUCK Prince Phillip!

He might have been less of a patsy to Churchill than his stuttering Stan for the banks baby brother, and WW2 might have been a less ugly thing.

Oh... wait.

That's right.

The King is only a symbol.

Good on him for following his heart.

This whole COVID thing has brought out way too much stupid in people. 

I know someone that put a post out saying that we need to research natural remedies to combat this thing. Mind you that this point is being conveyed on a social media platform constructed by human beings using iron, copper, silicon, and a myriad of other metals and material. 

NATURE HAS YET TO MAKE A FUCKING TWEET! 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

You are judged by the company you keep. 
He just as rotten as the rest of them 

No he isn't.

If he was, he wouldn't have wound up looking like a dried apricot.

Only healthy fruits wither like that.

Also: Lolololol.

My who's who knowledge of U.K. royals' names is apparently markedly lacking.

For some reason I find that refreshing.

Edited by JHDK
7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

That goes without saying Jabs. 

But even his presence couldn't save Wild Wild West. 

He was the only reason it even made it to a big screen release.

It is a paradox to be sure.

Edited by JHDK

I should start recording this stuff (*I actually still have a VCR! I finally got that out and set it next to the tv...just gotta find my a/v cables now...)... Antenna started showing Growing Pains again; the first episode just went off, and now it's on episode 2... then Valerie/Hogan Family is about to come on at 9 and 9:30!  This morning's Valerie episodes are from the 2nd season, so Val Harper might be on there....

Meanwhile, on Growing Pains... Joanna Kerns was so damn cute...another underrated tv milf there... no one else I knew seemed to be into her; I'd absolutely pounce.

ha, I wonder if Kirk Cameron is aware of how his career could've truly blown up for a while if he didn't become such a "Holy Roller".... he was on the way to "teen heart throb" status for moment back then....then again, if he was a "regular" dude enjoying that status back then, he might've ended up like so many other child/teen stars at the time, headed for a dark road of non-stop drugs and probably the eventual death from an overdose.

*hahaha the reactions from Mike's friends just now when he admitted to them that his was going to the Springsteen with his Dad 🤣...and OF COURSE Mike just happens to get caught up by a local news tv reporter asking about the concert, so there he is on local tv even further humiliated by hanging out with Dad at the concert...hahahah now he's keeping a low profile at school with a hat and dark glasses and the fake nose disguise (like Humpty Hump!), hoping no one notices him.  This was such a great sitcom, man...

Weird detail I noticed in that scene at the school earlier-- some of the lockers had large spray paint/graffiti on them....oddly enough, I don't recall ever seeing that when I was in school... some people put stickers up as decoration on the interior of their locker, I remember.  

I bet all the Holy roller stuff is what saved Kirk Cameron from going the drugs/rehab/handjobs in dark alleys for drugs route. 

I kinda feel bad for some of those child stars because to peak that early in life and wonder wtf you're going to do with the next 70+ years to even come close to that has to suck. Especially when you figure in all the exploitation that usually comes with it. 

There's quite a few layers to the misery there of the "messed up child star" situation; it's interesting--- professionally, things tend to be not as hot career-wise once they are no longer the "cute little kid on that show"...so then they grow up to be "has-been" status, perhaps only fit to make appearances at the occasional convention or charity events.

this episode of Hogan Family... one of the twin brothers stole mom's car and of course hit a parked car... seems to be that character's usual thing to get in trouble.  Funny thing was that his buddy was like "what do you mean...WE? I' was just along for the ride; I'm outta here" when he mentioned they have to tell mom about this.....hahah some friend, eh?  That little dude's an asshole....ooh there's another aspect of the fiasco; mom assumes it's the older son (Jason Bateman) since she knew he was going to use the car earlier.  Willie (the younger son who did it) just lied to her face about it 😆...now it's going to be worse on him since he lied when she asked about this situation...

Yep, Harper is still on this one; it's from season 2.  

After this, "Head of the Class" is coming on...

*just remembered ---this dude playing Valerie's husband is the guy that's more known as "Roman Brady" from Days of Our Lives.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I kinda feel bad for some of those child stars because to peak that early in life and wonder wtf you're going to do with the next 70+ years

The girl who played Chrissy alongside Kirk Cameron is still a minor actress/voice actor, but mostly spends her time professionally playing Dungeons and Dragons on Twitch with a bunch of the English language voice actors from the Street Fighter games.  Doesn't sound like a bad gig, honestly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Johnson_(actress)

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What is yandere?

A common term in otaku fandom, a yandere is a person (usually female) romantically obsessed with someone to the point of using violent means to get them in their arms. Often seen with a sharp weapon and a psychotic grin. May spike your drink, take you to her home, chain you, feed you. Get rid of your female friends. Etc. Just watch the video, you'll feel the love.

Edited by AriesWarlock
3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

A Prototype of Studio Series 86 Slag with Daniel figurine (all white figure on top of dino mode)!

I'm not really a super dinobot fan, but this looks great. I have the POTP Slag, but the black headsculpt looks so flat compared to this red cartoon one.

Not bad. We know that Swoop and Sludge gotta come in at some point. Snarl has only 2 seconds in the 86 movie, but I expect him to be honored in toy form. 

**patiently waits for inevitable MP release**

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

That’s tsundere. A Yandere is like Himiko in MHA. She ties affection to physically harming people or seeing people hurt. 

Not quite.

Yandere is just a character who is obsessed with someone to the point where they are willing to do extreme things/harm others.  If nobody challenges them or they don't encounter obstacles to their affection they won't necessarily engage in violence at all.