Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

9 hours ago, iStu X said:

you guys display a lot of your transformers right? How do you go about cleaning them? They have a lot of moving parts and intricate parts, right? 

Sure do 😁

FoHIhi9NHovIs6Q5izO8BALhpuTQx47z5ZMTBPpK

Dust is the enemy of any displayed collection. I don't care how clean your house is, dust will fall on it. Having figures in a case will virtually eliminate the need to dust figures off. 

Now, to cleaning. Do NOT use any chemical agents to clean the figures since it could damage the paint. The tried and true method for me is a set of paint brushes. They can get into all those intricate details without damaging them.  If the dust is more difficult to remove, you can dampen the bristles and squeeze any excess water out.  I rarely do this but you can also blast them with compressed air to loosen dirt. Keep in mind this may not be good on more delicate parts (e.g., anything that can snap off with light pressure). A swiffer could be used here, with light pressure, once you get into a maintenance state. A traditional duster would just knock everything over at that scale.

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Double Toasted on the Gina Carano situation.

I can understand Disney doing what they did. I know it's just tweets, but Disney had to have told her to stop doing that shit a few times before the "last straw" jew comparison tweet.

Anyway, I hoped she would lay low and think on it before making her next moves, but she dug her heels in further and now it looks like she's coming back to Hollywood February 31st of never:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/gina-carano-ben-shapiro-movie-project-193849358.html

I'm literally shaking my head as I'm typing this.

She was a beloved side character on a popular Star Wars series.

She was going to get her own show, which could have opened the door for more opportunities in Disney or maybe even the MCU (heck she was already in Deadpool).

And now she's doing a movie with Ben Shapiro.

All because she couldn't keep her mouth shut spouting dumb shit on social media. I'm going to watch that movie just to see if I can see on her face the moment she realizes she fumbled a Disney bag to get attaboys from the likes of Ben Shapiro.

Edited by axeman61

People should be smarter than that and know the reality of how society is right now... those in the entertainment industry especially cannot afford to publicly say *anything* that's going to piss off certain "sacred cow" groups of people like the lgbt folks and jews.  You do that and more than likely your career is over within a day...maybe even within a few hours.  In the interest of your continued success and cashflow... it's best to just shut-up about certain things in public.  I certainly would.  At this point I'm expecting her only showbiz future is the occasional Lifetime holiday romcom a few years from now.  She's always welcome to co-star in some special home-made "movies" at my place though...

History channel has a special documentary on called Hiroshima: 75 years Later... with footage and commentary from some survivors... it amazes me that anyone managed to survive that shit at all.  It's interesting that they just gloss over this event when teaching it to you in school...no real details other than the fact it happened and the date, the name of the plane that dropped the bombs, and who was President at the time, etc.  Just looking it up online while this is still on...I was curious about how long the area was fucked up in terms of radiation--- apparently the area was irradiated for up to 4 months after the explosion.

..I was also curious about how many it would take to ruin the entire world--- several search results say it would take about 100 nukes to completely ruin this planet....it seems like it should be more than that though, I would've thought.  Interesting, I wonder what kind of powerful weaponry has been created elsewhere with other warlike species in the universe... you know there's bound to be a similar species out there that if they saw this event when it happened, they were generally unimpressed like "oh...that's all?  I thought these 'humans' would've been more dangerous than that..."

10 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Double Toasted on the Gina Carano situation.

I can understand Disney doing what they did. I know it's just tweets, but Disney had to have told her to stop doing that shit a few times before the "last straw" jew comparison tweet.

Anyway, I hoped she would lay low and think on it before making her next moves, but she dug her heels in further and now it looks like she's coming back to Hollywood February 31st of never:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/gina-carano-ben-shapiro-movie-project-193849358.html

I'm literally shaking my head as I'm typing this.

She was a beloved side character on a popular Star Wars series.

She was going to get her own show, which could have opened the door for more opportunities in Disney or maybe even the MCU (heck she was already in Deadpool).

And now she's doing a movie with Ben Shapiro.

All because she couldn't keep her mouth shut spouting dumb shit on social media. I'm going to watch that movie just to see if I can see on her face the moment she realizes she fumbled a Disney bag to get attaboys from the likes of Ben Shapiro.

Yeah I saw there video, I like those guys but they are off the mark. They don't know the situation. I don't agree with her politics but that doesn't matter. You have to have a standard. You can't just can one person while letting others get away with the same thing. Pedro Pascal has suspect things on social media. Kristina Arielle has a series of racist tweets and not only did Lucasfilm not fire her, they stood up for her. Pablo Hidalgo has been attacking fans on social media for years and they only made him give a forced apology after he fucked up and mocked Star Wars Theory who has the biggest Star Wars channel on YouTube. Yes even bigger than the official channel.

By firing Gina Carano they just proved her sentiment was correct. They fired her because of her politics. They were looking for any reason they could to be rid of her. And they used her "anti Semitic" post as the reason. Post wasn't even anti-Semitic, go read what she actually said. I wouldn't have made the comparison but that is beside the point. This all started months ago when they wanted her to put "pronouns" on her Twitter profile and she wouldn't. Unlike most people these days, she refused to back down and they've been trying to get her fired every since. 

This is a classic example of a business cutting its nose off to spite its face. Star Wars has had issues selling toys because no one cares about the sequel trilogy characters. The Mandalorian, unlike the sequel trilogy, actually sells merchandise. You know who one of the biggest sellers is for the Mandalorian? Cara Dune. Its just dumb. People need to stop being so obsessed with other peoples politics. 

Side Note: If she were anti-Semitic, Ben Shapiro wouldn't be working with her for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Her post wasn't anti-Semetic, true. It was still tone-deaf: you can't compare a systematic campaign by the Nazis to make the average citizen hate the jew so they could eventually round them up and kill them by the millions... to people choosing to not associate with you over politics. Sure, the latter could result in lost work for you, but chances are you won't die.

Especially when, in her case, it wasn't as much political beliefs as stupidity that got her in where she is now. Aside from the jew comparison, she was talking anti-mask stuff last year. She was also subtly supporting claims of election fraud. There was the mockery of putting pronouns in her twitter bio (which, I'll admit, was in response to unwarranted external pressure to put pronouns in her twitter).

I can't back it up, but I'm sure Disney had to have sat down with her at some point during those times and told her to knock that shit off. But she didn't. And now she's partnered with the man whose wife has a dry-ass P-Word. It's just not a good look.

EDIT: I'm hearing Disney did have a sitdown with her at some point, but only from random sources. Is there any truth to this, as far as anyone knows?

Edited by axeman61
9 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

And now she's partnered with the man whose wife has a dry-ass P-Word. It's just not a good look.

Well Twitter got her got her fired, booted from her agency, effective kicked out of Hollywood. So if dumb ass Shapiro is offering her work, I can't fault her for taking it it. A person has to make a living. What is she supposed to do? That said, none of what you said addresses the fact that other employees have done the same or worse and still collecting Disney checks. That is where the issue comes in for me. By this standard, there are some other people that should have been fired by now. They haven't been and the only difference is those individuals aren't conservative.  

Meanwhile over in WB land... they continue to apparently be just fine with Ezra Miller being caught on camera choking a woman to the ground.  (*funny thing about that incident is that it is the most gentle "choke-slam" I've ever seen. There is good reason why most people initially thought it was some weird prank or other staged situation...it looked ridiculous 😆).  They're also ok with Amber Turd-Heard as well.  Surely it would be absurd of me to think this has something to do with certain categories these 2 people happen to be part of...surely they'd still be ok with Ezra if he were straight or Amber was a man, right?  ...nah that would be silly to assume such things....

trying not to laugh GIF

Also I've just noticed that apparently Justin Timberlake has been made to publicly apologize to Britney and not standing up for Janet Jackson....since of course men are inherently awful and should always be apologizing for anything involving the superior, flawless gender known as "women", y'know....it's in the rule-book of modern-day American society. (*more than likely, his publicist and the rest of his "people" said he will need to get in front of whatever this situation is before it blows up as people dig up the past.)

Isn't modern-day civilization so much fun?  You can never afford to be 100% real about your opinions on certain matters, and certain categories of people are above any and all criticism....all while an invincible virus continues to erode all the modern luxuries we once had.  Fun times here for sure.  At least the gaming industry isn't completely ruined yet.

Edited by MillionX

It still boggles my mind that Ezra Miller wasn't shit canned. How the fuck  can you choke slam a woman on tape and not get fired? They are trying to run Johnny Depp out of town on BS but he choke slam chicks  and its okay? 😑

Edit: @SonichumanThe general public became hip to the fact that Amber Heard is psychotic lying piece of shit, but WB doesn't seem to care. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

My soul hurts . . . . .

https://autos.yahoo.com/srt-division-no-more-173000104.html

Dodge about to become a boring ass brand again.

Surprised they lasted this long to be honest. Cars, at least in the US, are being pushed by the wayside for "SUVs" and Trucks. Chevy and Ford will soon only makes one car each. The Corvette and Mustang respectively. What put SRT on the map was the Neon SRT-4. That car was damned legendary.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Having figures in a case will virtually eliminate the need to dust figures off. 

Now, to cleaning. Do NOT use any chemical agents to clean the figures since it could damage the paint. The tried and true method for me is a set of paint brushes. They can get into all those intricate details without damaging them.  If the dust is more difficult to remove, you can dampen the bristles and squeeze any excess water out. 

Yeah. I know. I keep looking into cases but I don’t want multiple cases for them. I’d rather them be altogether, you know? But giant glass cases are expensive as fuck. A friend has one that is exactly what I need but it’s they also paid 1300 for it. 

I really love those cases you have in yours though. I keep wanting to get those I just have no idea how many I’d actually need. 

and I never even though of using paint brushes. Thanks for the tips. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well Twitter got her got her fired, booted from her agency, effective kicked out of Hollywood. So if dumb ass Shapiro is offering her work, I can't fault her for taking it it. A person has to make a living. What is she supposed to do? That said, none of what you said addresses the fact that other employees have done the same or worse and still collecting Disney checks. That is where the issue comes in for me. By this standard, there are some other people that should have been fired by now. They haven't been and the only difference is those individuals aren't conservative.  

1.) I know her options are limited. But she could have taken some time to strategize or something. Going this conservative bargain bin movie route so fast pretty much ensures she won't be back. She's limited her options due to fear. But hey, I can't really judge. I've taken jobs out of desperation too.

2.)  There is indeed hypocrisy in general with how Hollywood picks and chooses who to let go due to a social media mob. I'll admit that. But I don't really have an answer for it beyond "that's life". Plain and simple, people more instrumental to the production get more chances. She was saying stupid shit on several occasions when she was a side character. She also couldn't be trusted not to stir up more shit if they were going to give her more work. It's admittedly not fair that others are held to different standards, but when you're doing stupid shit your bosses have to damage control, you don't get to pick their reaction to handling your shit.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

A friend has one that is exactly what I need but it’s they also paid 1300 for it. 

Those cases I have were about $70 a piece from IKEA. How many amiibos do you have? You can get some clear risers and have a couple rows per shelf. Depending on how many you have, you may only need one. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
24 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Those cases I have were about $70 a piece from IKEA. How many amiibos do you have? You can get some clear risers and have a couple rows per shelf. Depending on how many you have, you may only need one. 

I have every commercially available figure to date. Which is 202 at the moment iirc. 

One of the major deterrents I’ve had about ordering from ikea is the closest one is about a 10 hour round trip. When I checked to see how much it would be to ship 3 of them and it was twice as much as the actual order. 

also, I’ve thought about risers. I found bakery risers for cupcakes that are basically perfect for those cases. 

Edited by iStu X

I wonder if the world is really going to end like what the ancients said. Some say it's going to be all destroyed or things will just break down horribly and be built up again for the better. I think you have to be on the right side to make it to the good place after the fire, water, and war purification. I feel the cleansing process is already happening on the individual and world level. The rate of cleansing and revelation seems to be speeding up. The increasing light in the ether is the major catalyst for this process. There is so much shit in this world that needs to be flushed down the toilet. I feel I will be ready for it. One way to truly survive the coming destruction is to become an ascended master of massive light power. 

Edited by Lord Vega
On 2/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, Jurassic said:

I'm sure execs at Gorilla Glue are upset at the situation. Not just because of possible, flagrant lawsuits, but from the fact they have to update all of their labels and packaging to add another sentence to the gigantic warning statement.

All products should come with this warning.

WARNING:  Not for use by idiots.  If you are an idiot, do not use this product.  If you're an idiot, put this back on the shelf and leave it alone.  If you have to ask if you're an idiot, put it down.  It's better to be safe than to end up in the hospital because you decided to gulp down a cup full of industrial strength toilet cleaner or thought that you could walk on something that melts steel in a matter of seconds or decided to pet the 500 pound predatory, man-eating creature at the zoo because,"I saw it once in a Tik Tok video".  No, I wouldn't do these things, but I know the guy who would.  R.I.P. Bob.  Why Bob?   Why would you do that?  That lion did not consent man...............

Edited by Deadly_Raver
4 hours ago, Serpent said:

If I can't mock conservatives for marching on the Capitol

A) Who says you can't? They are a bunch of idiots that wouldn't be alive to stand trial if they looked like me.

B) What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

4 hours ago, Serpent said:

then I don't think they should be allowed to sit here and whine when some of them finally get some sort of repercussion for being openly racist, Anti-Semitic and sexist.

This tells me you are talking out of your ass. The person that got fired never mentioned race or sex. Hell, she's a woman. The person that immediately hired her after this fiasco is a conservative and devout Jew. So since no one that was being openly racist, Anti-Semitic, or sexist was fired, what of value are you bringing to this subject? I can show you the people that posted racist and sexists tweets but they weren't fired.... 🙄

One odd bit of censorship on  tv I remember that stands out...The Terminator movies.  In the first one, there is the scene where T-800 kills the first Sarah Connor at her home...they always cut the follow-up gunshots he fires as she is on the ground.  As some of ya remember... the camera simply focuses on the gun as he lowers it, continuing to fire while she lay there on the ground...but for some reason that's too much for tv, I guess.  In Terminator 2, at least on the USA network, they would cut that scene where the orderly in the psych ward licks Sarah's face while she is confined to the bed....so I guess someone at the network thought that was too "creepy" to show.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A) Who says you can't? They are a bunch of idiots that wouldn't be alive to stand trial if they looked like me.

B) What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

This tells me you are talking out of your ass. The person that got fired never mentioned race or sex. Hell, she's a woman. The person that immediately hired her after this fiasco is a conservative and devout Jew. So since no one that was being openly racist, Anti-Semitic, or sexist was fired, what of value are you bringing to this subject? I can show you the people that posted racist and sexists tweets but they weren't fired.... 🙄

C'mon man.  We know where this goes and how it ends.  Let's change the subject shall we?  

22266073.jpg

my question is quite simple: Is it Gorilla glue or nah?  

..................These days we have to ask.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Given my present situation, I just don't have the patience for fuckery right now. So that dumb shit agitated me. I hate when people talk out their ass. Save that shit for Ace Ventura.

Just curious, what's your education level and occupation? No real reason I'm asking. Just trying to be in awe of how much smarter you are than other people.

hell yeah this was a good one...

it takes me back every time, these vids... 

..and 80s-era Phoebe Goddamn Cates.... bruhhhhh 😳  LEGEND hotness.

*edit---the channel has expanded to include 90s commercials too, I see:

wooooo yes Molly Ringwold's FINE ass in that first one...niiiiice.  She ranked high with me for quite a while.

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

my question is quite simple: Is it Gorilla glue or nah? 

That is a nice TV stand.  Might be Ikea but most of the Ikea stuff has three shelves/drawers and that looks like only two.

Now it is going to help if you put some glue on the dowel pins when you're assembling your Ikea furniture, but Gorilla glue is probably going a bit overboard.  Wood glue will do just fine.