Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

So I realize after now a few months into making YouTube Content/Streaming I have learned:

- I shouldn't have started off streaming. I should have focused on just making YT vids

-  when I started I did Magic: The Gathering streaming but without any community, it means I will be dead streaming to no one

- Switching to more viewable content like mario/retro games helped me grow more fans but...then I made me feel like I am losing my identity and made me rethink what I should focus on

- Watching my Fiancée just stream, she grew faster than me and in less time from just streaming so that's where my doubts began to start as to what I did wrong (not jelaous for her, I am happy for her but made me question what I did wrong in comparison)

- that lack of focus now makes me constantly second guess what I should do to the point where I stopped making constant videos on YT...

- I failed to make a roadmap for myself from the start and I failed to research the best way to approach doing anything content wise

- I gave up too soon on my MTG stuff and spent maybe too much on equipment for something that isn't guaranteed 

I know most of you don't watch/care what I do but I'm saying this because I have to refocus if I truly want to make this happen. Therefore, I want to say thank you everyone for watching my more recent streams buuuut, I need to bring it back to what my main focus was: Making MTG content with a focus on JUST YouTube and to slow down/stop streaming. streaming can be fun but it has made me more depressed recently. I appreciate the support I got for those of you who did watch so thanks. If I do stream again, it most likely will be MTG for now and I know no one here anymore cares about that but if you see me on, feel free to say hi and you're still welcome to chat with me there about whatever! 

Long story short - I will stop streaming until further notice and refocus my efforts on just my YT channel and helping improve my Fiancée's stream. 

Good luck. I don't know what your goals are with building a YT or stream, but I hope it goes well.

But I want to go off on a tangent. Do these Anti-SJW channels on youtube just not live in our reality? Because I was following this Gina Carano news, a ton of them flooded my feed again. I guess I grazed one and they all came out again. Anyway, almost all of these channels are doing two things that make me go WTF:

A.) They slide by the fact that Gina was most likely given multiple chances to shut up before making the "last straw" tweet that got her fired. They stick to how "wrong" it is to cancel her because of the twitter mob.

B.) They treat Gina doing a movie with Ben Shapiro (who I didn't even know did movies) as if it's this big victory against cancel culture. Like Gina didn't just fumble a potentially huge Disney bag to tweet. Last I checked, doing a movie with Ben Shapiro is a huge step down from possibly being a major character in a Star Wars show at a time SW is getting popular again. That's just me though.

Outside of this shit, there's the general "sameness" of these channels I came to dislike all over again, and I had to throw out a bunch of "don't recommends" . Man. I'm well into the anti-SJW camp myself, and even I can't stand these channels.

Infernoman,

Im sorry the streaming thing isnt going as you planned.

Gaining viewers through streaming seems like a difficult thing. 

From the content providers I am subscribed to, only a few do live streaming and mostly do the pre-recorded videos 1/2 a week.

This isnt my place to say, but maybe you and your fiancee could both post content on her channel?

If you are both discussing the same topic, maybe her extra viewers could transfer to yours?

A lot of female youtubers get a lot more views bc guys are horny (see my ASMR female videos lol)

Just now, axeman61 said:

Don't get me wrong: I hate the twitter mob. But my point was more about them sliding past the very high possibility she had multiple opportunities to stop doing dumb shit.

Her doing dumb shit in her free time is her prerogative. You "cancel" something by no longer watching. Not by trying to rally a mob to get them fired because they are using their private account in private time to voice their personal views. It's not the right way to get this kind of thing done. 

For example any Pirates movies Disney makes from here on out I will not see as my stance against Disney kowtowing to mob demands he be fired due to the words of his lying dog shit walking cesspool of an ex wife. That's exactly why you don't do this shit. So I won't be seeing them anymore, even if Johnny is back in them since Disney said "We sowwy." Naw. Lesson needs to be learned here imo. 

As for multiple warnings that's between her and Disney. We know she basically got one warning and ignored and if Disney cares then they are within their right to fire her. My problem is that I honestly don't think they actually give a shit. They only care because an internet mob is crying. 

Edited by RSG3

This guy does a great explanation of everything, I have been absorbing his stuff and he's got many of the facts down I wish I researched months earlier:

43 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Good luck. I don't know what your goals are with building a YT or stream, but I hope it goes well.

I wanted to set up a channel that focuses on Budget Janky fun decks to make in Magic The Gathering Arena (the new digital way to play the game that's been open to play since 2018) that won't cost too much money. 

40 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Im sorry the streaming thing isnt going as you planned.

Gaining viewers through streaming seems like a difficult thing. 

From the content providers I am subscribed to, only a few do live streaming and mostly do the pre-recorded videos 1/2 a week.

This isnt my place to say, but maybe you and your fiancee could both post content on her channel?

If you are both discussing the same topic, maybe her extra viewers could transfer to yours?

A lot of female youtubers get a lot more views bc guys are horny (see my ASMR female videos lol)

Things I also learned:

- People streaming are performers, as in like a comedian/actor, people need a reason to watch you if you are streaming thus I had to look at my stream and ask myself "Why should peeps watch Infernoman vs the most popular guy in a specific game?" 

- I HATE using Social media so I already was forcing myself to use twitter/Instagram for the wrong reasons

- Youtube content makes more sense for me because I am GOOD at teaching/explanation and I can easily control my content because I edit everything myself and can post the video when I feel I am ready

- I LOVE to edit content. One of the things I aced in my animation degree courses was video editing

- My Fiancee I love to death but she isn't using her streams to branch out that content to other platforms to grow and pull more people YET from just streaming random games she had double the followers I had in 2 months vs me who began streaming 3.5 months ago. She also had good knowledge of using Instagram/yelp as her form of social media influence...then Covid hit and she lost a lot as her platform was based on food/travel. I believe she can get it back as she naturally is able to grow. 

- Making content first THEN stream when you have grown followers/subscribers/fanbase/community makes more sense overall

- It's all about creating a niche "you" can be good at! That's what I failed to stick to since I was just chasing viewers

- Its about creating "value" I need to create content people find "Valuable" and worth watching. my streams provide no value currently and this is why I am not going to grow

I just had a talk with my girl and she agrees, I started this off poorly but it's not too late to fix things. It's not me giving up on streaming, it's me putting it on the shelf for now until I am more successful on YouTube. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Her doing dumb shit in her free time is her prerogative. You "cancel" something by no longer watching. Not by trying to rally a mob to get them fired because they are using their private account in private time to voice their personal views. It's not the right way to get this kind of thing done. 

For example any Pirates movies Disney makes from here on out I will not see as my stance against Disney kowtowing to mob demands he be fired due to the words of his lying dog shit walking cesspool of an ex wife. That's exactly why you don't do this shit. So I won't be seeing them anymore, even if Johnny is back in them since Disney said "We sowwy." Naw. Lesson needs to be learned here imo. 

As for multiple warnings that's between her and Disney. We know she basically got one warning and ignored and if Disney cares then they are within their right to fire her. My problem is that I honestly don't think they actually give a shit. They only care because an internet mob is crying. 

My bad. In what you quoted, I wasn't talking about the twitter mob for the second half. I was referring to the anti-SJW channels ignoring that she was probably warned. I wasn't that clear.

And yes, her doing dumb stuff in her free time is her prerogative, but making statements like she did on a public platform might have stirred up controversy for Disney if she kept making them. If she was warned before and kept going, she might have said something really shitty later on after Disney invested tens of millions into a series with her as one of the leads. I'll bet Disney crunched some numbers to decide whether it was a good financial decision to drop her, even with her toys selling and all that good shit.

2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Long story short - I will stop streaming until further notice and refocus my efforts on just my YT channel and helping improve my Fiancée's stream. 

Hey man, for what it's worth, I enjoyed the few Mario Maker streams I caught. Especially when you played viewer levels. Seeing levels I created being played in real time is entertaining and offers excellent feedback on how to improve my level making.

That said, I agree with your assessment that its way more difficult to start off streaming when you don't really have a foundation of content to build a base from.  My favorite content creator is Ryukahr. I've been watching that guy play Mario for years. I got turned onto him because of his skills as a kaizo player and how he constantly explores player-made levels, and he keeps it fun by making fun of himself when he fucks up.

But he would produce videos of himself playing and then post them to YouTube. I don't really get to catch a lot of the live stream stuff, especially now as a new father, so being able to watch videos at my convenience definitely helps me stick with a channel.

If your passion is MTG I don't really have much advice from a viewer's perspective because I've never played that or any other card games (besides poker). So it would be tough for me to follow what is going on. If you started out with some instructional videos on how to play the game, beginning with the very basics and working up to some of the advanced stuff, I would totally watch that. Hell, it might even get me interested in playing. But even if not it would certainly make me more interested in watching your content once I knew what was actually going on. That might be a new place to start over- a series of instructional videos that explain to the newcomer what Magic is and how it's played. Maybe focus on just a few different cards per episode and stretch it out or something.

Anyway, I wish you luck and I'll definitely keep an eye out for any videos you post on your channel.

Edited by Chadouken

@axeman61from what I learned from the inside of a peep of mine in the company (again nothing I can confirm with links/audio/whatever) KK hates what Gina's character and what mando represents. It reps a successful Star Wars story that KK had nothing to do with and is mad that Cara Dune was growing in popularity vs Rey. Rey is still popular but the state of star wars now is the power struggle within. 

KK wants people to love her ideas such as the High Republic vs Mando and may use this incident as a way to force her way into controlling Mando down the line. This opportunity to fire her was all on Lucasfilm, not the walt disney company as a whole. We also don't know how many times she was warned vs other employees like say Pedro Pascal who has made his own social media posts that just had different viewpoints. Point is, there's no true equality/fairness here but it is what it is. Disney at the top (IE Bob the CEO) as a whole isn't stepping in as the bigger picture is to expand D+ asap to recover money. C-Virus ruined what was Disney's main money maker which was the resorts/theme parks/merch. To them, dropping Gina is a small price to pay as the highest up peeps in Disney can just drop mando altogether and start a new show...which is what KK wants. 

my thoughts - Mando can recover but I feel KK will try to slip in something to give her control and use Gina as an example of how to fall in line. As a worker for 10 years and having trained 100's of people, even if it's your personal twitter, if the mouse finds out an employee is speaking up about something that may be viewed as repping the mouse in a bad way, you CAN be dropped. This is the world we're in and only way out is to be in business for yourself. 

3 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

KK hates what Gina's character and what mando represents. It reps a successful Star Wars story that KK had nothing to do with and is mad that Cara Dune was growing in popularity vs Rey.

No shit? That actually makes a lot of sense, and it's really fucked up and petty. God I hope KK doesn't ruin the best Star Wars content that's been put out since the acquisition.  She really is fucking clueless as to what fans really want. Favreau seems like he actually gets it. Wish he'd be granted control over the franchise.

heh, I knew someone who wanted to do the game-streaming thing, but the funny thing was how unbelievably lazy he was about that shit...and the fact that he had no "stage presence" at all...dude would just sit there playing the game for an entire video...never speaking to the audience even 1 time.  This is of course on top of the handicap of him being a dude in the first place... I think we all know that women have an easier time with that by default based purely on looks.  A girl could have the personality of dead moth but still get a decent # of followers/subcribers, tips, superchats, etc. if she's hot or just in the "kinda cute" category.

I've gotten out of watching Twitch regularly for qutie some time now because youtube content has just been way too time consuming; I have tons of subscriptions to keep tabs on, and every day it's a tough choice when so many of them are going live at the same time on occasion.  

edit--the ones I did watch on twitch were Yuuie (very cute girl; also a nice silly personality), Anne Munition (also cute; yep I realize she "plays for the other team" so to speak), and there was one hilarious dude I remember that went by Elohime, I think... in the current era of twitch he was probably banned a LONG time ago, I bet.  

World of Darkness also does their WoD News stream weekly, but usually I just catch the repost on their youtube channel later.

Oh yeah---"Neesa" from SRK would stream on occasion, and sometimes I'd check in on that.... I don't know if she still does or not.

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

@axeman61from what I learned from the inside of a peep of mine in the company (again nothing I can confirm with links/audio/whatever) KK hates what Gina's character and what mando represents. It reps a successful Star Wars story that KK had nothing to do with and is mad that Cara Dune was growing in popularity vs Rey. Rey is still popular but the state of star wars now is the power struggle within. 

KK wants people to love her ideas such as the High Republic vs Mando and may use this incident as a way to force her way into controlling Mando down the line. This opportunity to fire her was all on Lucasfilm, not the walt disney company as a whole. We also don't know how many times she was warned vs other employees like say Pedro Pascal who has made his own social media posts that just had different viewpoints. Point is, there's no true equality/fairness here but it is what it is. Disney at the top (IE Bob the CEO) as a whole isn't stepping in as the bigger picture is to expand D+ asap to recover money. C-Virus ruined what was Disney's main money maker which was the resorts/theme parks/merch. To them, dropping Gina is a small price to pay as the highest up peeps in Disney can just drop mando altogether and start a new show...which is what KK wants. 

my thoughts - Mando can recover but I feel KK will try to slip in something to give her control and use Gina as an example of how to fall in line. As a worker for 10 years and having trained 100's of people, even if it's your personal twitter, if the mouse finds out an employee is speaking up about something that may be viewed as repping the mouse in a bad way, you CAN be dropped. This is the world we're in and only way out is to be in business for yourself. 

1.) I heard KK didn't like stuff like Mando battling the Disney trilogy and winning, but thought that was speculation from those Anti-SJW channels (the nerdy versions of them see her as the devil). Your friend that high up?

2.) Did you work at Disney? If so, I never knew this. What did you do?

ha, that "Women Posting Their Ls" twitter is always golden... the latest ones I noticed:

"My husband watched me get a train run on me by 9 dudes.  We celebrating 3 years of marriage in March."  (posted by "Semi-Faithful Latina) (*sheeeittt, that's also counting as an L post for whoever her husband is.)

haha and this one posted by HILARY CLINTON in October 2016:

"Happy birthday to this future President" (*childhood pic of herself) 

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Edited by MillionX

Yeah, that is why I currently only prefer to upload my playthrough videos via YouTube/Facebook for the time being. My wife wants me to pursue a career in streaming, but I've only seen it as a side project: if it hits, then we can roll with it. If not, no harm is done.

Ironically enough, the ones that get the most views in my channel is the fighting game stuff so who knows? I'll just keep uploading shit and see what happens. I just prefer not to bang my head over it so much.

46 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now that I've had time to think about it. Especially after the mirror scene.

Reveal hidden contents

Takeda

A YouTube who I follow who isn't a mk person also thinks it might be a scorpian descendant. I'm still holding out for cannon fodder for kano. Because theirs even a clip of all the "heros" standing together. 

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

I have never seen a game get broken so badly so fast. Thank God this is in beta

At least he didn't get grabbed by a Potemkin.  

Potemkin:  "Look.  I've got half meter and you have a bad habit of jumping, so I'll make you a deal.  Give me half your HP now, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a round."

12 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

At least he didn't get grabbed by a Potemkin.  

Potemkin:  "Look.  I've got half meter and you have a bad habit of jumping, so I'll make you a deal.  Give me half your HP now, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a round."

Lmfao this is such a footies, poke game now. Daisuke said no more flying for you niggas 

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

Yeah, that is why I currently only prefer to upload my playthrough videos via YouTube/Facebook for the time being. My wife wants me to pursue a career in streaming, but I've only seen it as a side project: if it hits, then we can roll with it. If not, no harm is done.

Ironically enough, the ones that get the most views in my channel is the fighting game stuff so who knows? I'll just keep uploading shit and see what happens. I just prefer not to bang my head over it so much.

I had a friend suggest I do this 12 years ago. Not sure if it would have worked out but man if you've seen what streamers have to deal with a lot of the time, it's not enough money to deal with the internet's toxicity. The worst examples of humanity are always hunting down streamers and being toxic. If you really love it and want to do it as a hobby, and don't have any other choices, I can see it, but I doubt you're in that position. I think just not having to deal with losers is priceless.

21 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

So I realize after now a few months into making YouTube Content/Streaming I have learned:

- I shouldn't have started off streaming. I should have focused on just making YT vids

-  when I started I did Magic: The Gathering streaming but without any community, it means I will be dead streaming to no one

- Switching to more viewable content like mario/retro games helped me grow more fans but...then I made me feel like I am losing my identity and made me rethink what I should focus on

- Watching my Fiancée just stream, she grew faster than me and in less time from just streaming so that's where my doubts began to start as to what I did wrong (not jelaous for her, I am happy for her but made me question what I did wrong in comparison)

- that lack of focus now makes me constantly second guess what I should do to the point where I stopped making constant videos on YT...

- I failed to make a roadmap for myself from the start and I failed to research the best way to approach doing anything content wise

- I gave up too soon on my MTG stuff and spent maybe too much on equipment for something that isn't guaranteed 

I know most of you don't watch/care what I do but I'm saying this because I have to refocus if I truly want to make this happen. Therefore, I want to say thank you everyone for watching my more recent streams buuuut, I need to bring it back to what my main focus was: Making MTG content with a focus on JUST YouTube and to slow down/stop streaming. streaming can be fun but it has made me more depressed recently. I appreciate the support I got for those of you who did watch so thanks. If I do stream again, it most likely will be MTG for now and I know no one here anymore cares about that but if you see me on, feel free to say hi and you're still welcome to chat with me there about whatever! 

As someone who has been involved with making youtube content in the past here are a couple pointers I can give you (without seeing your content):

1. It's about what you have to say and how you present it. Most people will click off videos relatively fast, so you want to engage your audience within that first minute of your video. You will typically have a solid 30 seconds of someone's  completely undivided attention before the dropoff.
  2. Your editing doesn't have to be spectacular, but be weary of long (10+ min) videos. People when browsing content will typically give a shorter length video a shot before a longer length video if they're unfamiliar with the creator. Unless you're going for video essay style which leads me to the next two points:
  3. Do research/have a vison about the "style" of videos you want to do. Some people make video essays, How-to's, interviews, educational etc. Figure out the style you like
  4. Don't be afraid to experiment with your videos. As a young channel, it takes time (usually about 6 months to a year) before you start committing to some formatting
  5. Streaming is about viewer engagement. YouTube is about content creation.  Post-production and video preparation is your friend on Youtube.
  6. Your fiancé content is growing faster probably because she's female. YouTube and Twitch userbase is primarily 18-35 yo male with a ratio around 60/40 male to female.
  7. It's fucking hard at first unless you get lucky.  The first few months can feel like you're talking to the wind with little views until you get viewer engagement and higher views. Stick it out and don't be afraid of reaching out to collaborate with others in the space! It's a great way to get more eyes on you and to learn.

Edit:

@Infernoman

After reading your other posts, you definitely can't chase viewers. If you don't bring anything new to the table, or anything compelling even if it's a different angle or presentation style compared to other channels then you're dead in the water. I know absolutely nothing about Magic the gathering  but based off of what you said and off the top of my head you should pay a lot of attention to the title of you videos. Something like "The BEST  budget MTG  deck for  beginners" and similar titles. Also I'd suggest creating a video series and nest it in a video playlist. "Beginner budget decks" , "is [insert affinity here] the BEST budget deck build?" and other things like that. Have a video playlist or video series about how to buy a budget deck and what are the tradeoffs. What about the website/vendors you can buy budget items from?  What about the best VALUE booster cards/decks? But definitely key in on those titles.

Also if you're going to build a community, why not run budget deck tournaments via discord/reddit or whatever other social media style site where MtG has a presence? Give something back to the community. 

Edited by DarkGeneral

I think we've all been locked in quarantine too long.  That MK synopsis looks like total dog shit and the only thing separating it from the Tekken film is that the MK film is gonna have a much better budget to let the martial arts talent they hired do their thing.  Despite that people are unreasonably hype like the Schindler's List of video game adaptations just got released.  I actually went to go see MonHun after seeing that MK synopsis realizing that when all is said and done, MonHun might actually wind up being the better of the two game movies.  I still feel that way having broken down MonHun with numerous people now who weren't scared off by the tandem of terror that is Paul WS and Milla.

Cole Young will be doing at least one of these things, all of it completely unnecessary.

1)  He will secretly be Scorpion in some fashion

2) Mileena will be his girlfriend like Kitana to Liu.

3) He will win whatever format this MK battle will take place in, could be anything from a bracket to a Dark Tournament style team elimination match

4) At least half of the movie will be spent building him up, training him with the established characters who hype him up as the hotness, then he gets Art Leaned so whatever portion of the movie was spent with all of that was completely wasted.

5) He'll save the day behind the scenes while someone else wins the tournament on the surface

6) He'll unlock his Arcana Heart at the last moment to save the day just when things look most grim, either during or at the conclusion of the tournament.

We need something, anything to look forward to other than more doom-scrolling.  Guess it's this.  

Edited by Psychoblue

@axeman61been working in the Cali theme park for 10 years. Made some contact and friends there who have gone into various places such as imagineering, to animation and whatnot. some do provide me with some info if possible. What I learned is Disney has tons of ideas that never get past the concept stage due to a fear that there won't be a big return on investment/budget issues. I have heard of many ideas that sounded amazing and went nowhere. I don't always get info from the studios but right now lucasfilm has the most...info to spill. That and I don't have a contact in Marvel...yet

@DarkGeneralthanks for that. My failure to plan this out hurt me the most. Not going to give up though and will take in what you said. 

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

I think we've all been locked in quarantine too long.  That MK synopsis looks like total dog shit and the only thing separating it from the Tekken film is that the MK film is gonna have a much better budget to let the martial arts talent they hired do their thing.  Despite that people are unreasonably hype like the Schindler's List of video game adaptations just got released.  I actually went to go see MonHun after seeing that MK synopsis realizing that when all is said and done, MonHun might actually wind up being the better of the two game movies.  I still feel that way having broken down MonHun with numerous people now who weren't scared off by the tandem of terror that is Paul WS and Milla.

Cole Young will be doing at least one of these things, all of it completely unnecessary.

1)  He will secretly be Scorpion in some fashion

2) Mileena will be his girlfriend like Kitana to Liu.

3) He will win whatever format this MK battle will take place in, could be anything from a bracket to a Dark Tournament style team elimination match

4) At least half of the movie will be spent building him up, training him with the established characters who hype him up as the hotness, then he gets Art Leaned so whatever portion of the movie was spent with all of that was completely wasted.

5) He'll save the day behind the scenes while someone else wins the tournament on the surface

6) He'll unlock his Arcana Heart at the last moment to save the day just when things look most grim, either during or at the conclusion of the tournament.

We need something, anything to look forward to other than more doom-scrolling.  Guess it's this.  

What in the shotgun guessing?  Can you please explain your reasoning through all of the media and info that has been released that would lead you to deduct that Cole would be Scorpion or related to Scorpion?  You are the only person I've seen with this theory and even though I'm fully in on the other theory floating around considering interviews I can atleast see why they think that.  Yours I don't get at all.

27 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

What in the shotgun guessing?  Can you please explain your reasoning through all of the media and info that has been released that would lead you to deduct that Cole would be Scorpion or related to Scorpion?  You are the only person I've seen with this theory and even though I'm fully in on the other theory floating around considering interviews I can atleast see why they think that.  Yours I don't get at all.

Because the synopsis is leading HEAVILY to Cole being not some casual observer but someone with a ton of links to the main plot, and given Subby is targeting him the first thing he does is fear for the safety of his family.  What started Scorpion's revenge quest other than his own death?   There was also that flicker in the mirror. 

These aren't shotgun guesses either.  These all came from reading that mess and watching that trailer that confirmed that synopsis was real.  

Edited by Psychoblue

@TheInfernoman

I can understand your frustration, it sounds like you have clear objectives you want to achieve while doing what you enjoy. I strongly recommend checking out www.hubspot.com and check out their blog and sign up for their email newsletter. It has a lot of articles about marketing and tons of free resources. I applied their information to my job and personal use for showing artwork online.

-See how other MTG streamers are presenting themselves on social media and see if you can apply their strategy to your own.

-You wrote you like the editing aspect of video creation, maybe show 20-30 second clips on twitter of wacky MTG plays.

6 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Because the synopsis is leading HEAVILY to Cole being not some casual observer but someone with a ton of links to the main plot, and given Subby is targeting him the first thing he does is fear for the safety of his family.  What started Scorpion's revenge quest other than his own death?   There was also that flicker in the mirror. 

These aren't shotgun guesses either.  These all came from reading that mess and watching that trailer that confirmed that synopsis was real.  

I'm going to admit that I missed the flash in the mirror.  I had to go back and watch the trailer again and I see it now.  *strokes chin*  I still don't think that he himself is gonna end up being Scorpion though if only because at 2:07 in the trailer when Sub is getting tugged, Cole is in that scene in the background.  The idea of him being related does seem more feasible though.   I see where your thought process is on this.