Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I've seen the Simpsons arcade machine out there lately as well... so I looked up some reviews/impressions

I never even heard of the Simpsons Bowling game until seeing this A1up machine.  On another note... it's quite a shame that for many years, that arcade beatemup was the only truly good Simpsons game.  The rest were trash, at least until Hit n Run I think it was called, which was "Simpsons GTA"....oh and then there was one much later on the xbox 360 just called "The Simpsons Game" if I recall...that one was alright too.

Oh yeah---another arcade machine I'd get would be a Capcom CPS1 CPS2 collection if there was one out there....besides my beloved Aliens vs. Predator I just remembered those arcade Dungeons & Dragons games.

Ooh here's another one--- the Golden Axe one...which includes Altered Beast!

Altered Beast was always a frustrating case though....I've always loved the concept of the game, but the problem is that it's such a tragically short game....before ya know it, the whole run is over already.  

Edited by MillionX

Yeah, It may seem silly and petty but every time someone says/types "fight stick" I tell them " dont call it a fight stick".  I always get the same response "why?".  So I educate them.

f7fgXJD.png

P.S.  I do understand why many folk do call it that.  They dont know any different.  Most of the motherfuckers that use the term never been inside and arcade, only seem them in video and picture.  Maybe not even that.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

To be fair, that was a horrible fucking name and Nintendo dropped the ball on marketing it.

I still bought mine day Juan tho 😂

I got mine day one as well. I loved the Wii U. it had a very strong 1st party library which many of which never got their just do until the switch  but god damn what a stupid name. 

Edited by iStu X

@Hecatom, just curious here, why not make one long video instead of a shit load of 2 minute videos?

Finally got around to checking out Watch Dogs Legions.  Its pretty cool I think. 

...did I post this already?  I dunno...

p.s.  I picked that thumbnail cause it looks like the dude is blastin' a duke and havin' some trouble.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
Just now, Faltimar the Dark said:

@Hecatom, just curious here, why not make one long video instead of a shit load of 2 minute videos?

Because i use the PS4 feature to record videos and that is limited to 15 mins at max, so is easy for me to just save each fight individually and then upload them  in chunks, plus my upload speed is shit, and uploading a bigger video would take longer.

Oh yeah, I got into that Dead Cells DLC today... I was playing casually today on just 1-cell difficulty..... the new areas, enemies and weapons are definitely worth the price here.  That last area has you fighting mini-boss characters on the way up to where the Queen is, and yeahhhh it's awesome stuff.  

I only got 1 or 2 cursed chests this whole run and the enemies didn't have much of a chance, actually... it was only the Queen herself and the minibosses leading up to that fight that were occasionally a threat... I had 22 or 23 points on Brutality and a Giantkiller sword that I think was rank 7 or 8 "S".  The damage was just disgusting... 10k dps regular, and 37k+ dps critical against elites and bosses.  I also had brutality shield that gave me +150% damage boost for successful parries...and the big bomb that does 12k damage.... I was seeing HUGE chunks of health get knocked off any boss I fought on this run... it was delicious.  That giantkiller sword is serious business.  I also had a legendary version of the new pet creature that counts as "equipment"... the thing actually evolves to a more powerful form once he's fed on a certain # of enemies, so I had that going on too.  This run was too good.

aha, and speak of the devil... Doc just uploaded a vid showcasing stuff from the DLC:

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, MillionX said:

I've seen the Simpsons arcade machine out there lately as well... so I looked up some reviews/impressions

I admittedly don't know much about arcade machines and this one is significantly more expensive than 1up's machines, but what about Vewlix arcade cabinets? They're very expensive ($3300), but could be cheaper overall if you plan to get a ton of 1up cabinets. There are also cheaper Vewlix clones.

https://vewlixshop.com/product/vewlix-blue/

3 minutes ago, JGreen said:

I admittedly don't know much about arcade machines and this one is significantly more expensive than 1up's machines, but what about Vewlix arcade cabinets? They're very expensive ($3300), but could be cheaper overall if you plan to get a ton of 1up cabinets. There are also cheaper Vewlix clones.

https://vewlixshop.com/product/vewlix-blue/

If that is a real blue vewlix machine then you don't want it.  Real blue Vewlix cabs have input lag due to their laggy displays.

If it's just a clone that happens to be blue then it might be good.  Only one way to find out... 🙃

5 minutes ago, misterBee said:

If that is a real blue vewlix machine then you don't want it.  Real blue Vewlix cabs have input lag due to their laggy displays.

If it's just a clone that happens to be blue then it might be good.  Only one way to find out... 🙃

Oh, good to know. I had no idea.

I've always toyed around with the idea of owning an arcade cabinet, but I feel like it would be awesome at first and then get old for me.

19 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

never played Twisted Metal Black but looks great

Itw awesome. Like Drizzt said, probably the best Twisted Metal game in the series. The characters were awesome and had really cool backgroun and stories, the levels had lots of secrets and were fun, and the game was really fast. Tbh if they remastered it and didn't add a bunch of bullshit, I'd probably buy it.

I finally started playing Journey on PC.  I've had it for a long time but it had some issues that I couldnt abide.  Mostly audio issues and the game is just not as fun if the audio is broken. 

It's still a really fun game even if you dont do much.  The music is great and it looks really good on PC.  I was surprised to have a few people join in the game.  None of them stayed long and I only got close to one player.  The others were way off in the distance. 

Been playing Nioh 2 a ton. Finished the second expansion today, and I see that the 3rd has a suggested level of 238 (!). I'm at 150-something and don't know that I'm in a big hurry to dig in that much deeper with NG+ runs in order to level near there. I've enjoyed it quite a bit, but it does feel a bit bloated, particularly since I've chewed through the content pretty quickly. Gear management is very tedious, even moreso than the first. Certainly feels easier than the first, at least on NG- but I have used NPC summons a good bit, which feels like cheating. I do wonder how Elden Ring or a Souls replay will feel to me after dumping so much time into Nioh's much faster/more technical combat.

Oh yeah, my seasonal wizard in Diablo 3 is a monster now... consistently enemies for multi-trillions in damage. 😆 I love how ridiculous the numbers get.  In particular, I remember seeing numbers like "5,100B" and "6,000+B" showing up.  The funny thing is that if I recall... this is the Firebird wizard build that has been "toned down" recently.  I need a bit more defense though; I'm getting to a point where the downside of being a glass cannon is becoming quite noticeable... any enemy that hits me will trigger my resurrection ability from the firebird set, but I'm up to the GR-70s so far.  Meanwhile on Switch version, I was playing witch doctor but just changed over to Wizard since it's so easy with the outrageous power of the firebird set.

Still playing SMT5. Being hard carried by my demons who are immune to physical attacks and specializes in them. 

Spoiler

I just finished getting the 3 keys and headed to the throne of god.

I managed to get 69% of the compendium (nice!). I'm little disappointed that I made it this far and haven't encountered any of the difficult moral choices I expected from this series.

^oh yeah I've been enjoying it too.  That DLC is kind of a steal at just 5 bucks, imo... I love that whole sequence of being on the run from multiple mini-bosses through that whole area.  The main thing to fear from the Queen seems to be that "Judgement Cut" super she does... the later version of this does HUGE damage if you happen to get hit... fortunately I already knew to watch out for that since I watched the dev stream, and he got hit by it... that damage is serious.

Just now, Faltimar the Dark said:

Fuckin' nerds.  Just say what you want.  Who da fuck was the first person to parry that like that?  I never seent anyone do that shit before him.  And I never seent anyone else do it till y'all started posting video.  I dont pay attention to that shit like y'all.

It's not even that hard to figure out who did it LOL why get so worked up?

I think because I'm not passive aggressive like most of you, what I say, since I just speak my mind, might make you think I'm worked up or angry.  But I'm not.  Its just the way I talk.  I'd talk to y'all the same if we were in person. 

Also, tried this game out yesterday.  Grow Home.  Strange game.  But, I did like the song that played in the main menu.  So, my early contribution to VGM friday.

I also finished Journey yesterday.  Still an amazing game that brings out emotions and shit.  I think the length of the game is perfect also.  Not too long but not too short.