Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8B%D0%BD%D1%

That's harsh towards all 14 of them, plus Kimberly news may have killed some on the spot, would not be surprised if we gone below 10

We don't even know if they have any female to keep the species going on, scientists say we may have to interbreed them using the uterus of some Ingrid/Juni/Juli female fan

World give pandas special privileges because they're "endangered", yet their number is believed to be around 2000/3000

Maki fans needs all help we can offer

13 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw what crack me up is that people seem pretend Maki is some sort of disprected SF classic pillar when historically she literally made it only to GBA/PSP ports of SFA3, and only because Capcom had some CvS chars to recycle 🤣

Cestus DUMB logic seeing those A3 ports unpopular and irrelevant because it's just a PORT compare to the non-handheld Capcom FGs HAHA. You can't even tell what are the RELEVANT PORT to disrespect SFA3 ports. LOL

Underestimating CVS2 in terms of popularity because of RECYCLED SPRITES? another DUMB logic by Cestus. HAHA

Lol those games are even most ANTICIPATED by SF fans than the other SF3 games and SFEX haha

==================================================================

Since your someone that just went join the storythread in SuperSf4(2010) and then bragging OG STATUS in megashock thread when started posting in 2022 then started to posting a MADE UP AGE TWICE in just 1 WEEK in 2022, to impose some kind of an authority HAHA, HILARIOUS.

SO FAKE compare to those that were in SRK and the storythread for 5 years more LOL

pretending to lived through the era by reading in the internet that makes your ARGUMENT AS A JOKE and SUPERFICIAL. 

Edited by Shakunetsu
Just now, Sonero said:

Female characters are more popular than male ones from artists online. I've seen more art for female characters from Overlord than the main one.

True here a thing I have seen more REMY, Necali, Kage and Q fan art from years over Sean despite there are more people asking for Sean since SF5. They should really show the love to the character not just by internet comments.

56 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Might because 3S is the game people love to love but not love to play.  All the Daigo Parry did, at the end of the day, is create thousands of people who think they like parries in their fighting games but in reality just want an NRS story mode in them.

Yeah I knew someone claims that SF3 is his favorite game and his a gamer of it but later shy away when someone ask to meet him in italy to play with it because he talks so highly about the game in one thread compare to other SF.

and he never talk about how great SF3 again from other sf then later on starts claiming SF2 is his favorite game. He even had the same SF3 avatar with his 3 accounts one from his 2010, one from the later after the migration and another one from here "III" haha

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Might because 3S is the game people love to love but not love to play.  All the Daigo Parry did, at the end of the day, is create thousands of people who think they like parries in their fighting games but in reality just want an NRS story mode in them.

I have even seen people on the internet like saying why is Japan still marketing SF2 faces on products like detergent and not SF3 lol, it's like they are on there own bubble not realizing that SF2 is a household name in Japan and doesn't understand how strong pop culture influence work that it even beats nostalgia, companies already seen how trend easily fades away like most of the popular IP that jump to the late 90s and early 2ks trends weren't even recognize by then on.

I'm reading the latest hands on report from EH.

Apparently the game feels like "Street Fighter 5.5" and more of a call back to previous entries than ever before. This is odd for a numbered entry, usually they have a way of rewriting the rules on what is Street Fighter.

They also mentioned that Ryu and Luke play a lot like their SF5 version while Chun-Li plays like a whole new character.

As much as I enjoyed Street Fighter 5, especially after S3 - I was hoping for new and different sensations.

Edited by Daemos
17 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I'm reading the latest hands on report from EH.

Apparently the game feels like "Street Fighter 5.5" and more of a call back to previous entries than ever before. This is odd for a numbered entry, usually they have a way of rewriting the rules on what is Street Fighter.

They also mentioned that Ryu and Luke play a lot like their SF5 version while Chun-Li plays like a whole new character.

As much as I enjoyed Street Fighter 5, especially after S3 - I was hoping for new and different sensations.

Now see your problem here is reading Eventhubs.

That's not moving like Shadaloo.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

I wouldn't look too deep into it because how it "feels" is entirely subjective.

Not entirely, no. Play enough Street Fighter (or fighting games) and you can more accurately gauge how and possibly even why a game feels the way it does. So if Justin Wong tells me today on Day -200 that the game feels like Street Fighter 5 the most I will take it as truth until further notice.

7 minutes ago, Daemos said:

So if Justin Wong tells me today on Day -200 that the game feels like Street Fighter 5 the most I will take it as truth until further notice.

Regardless, it's still subjective and too early to tell. 

From most gameplay footage we have seen so far people tend to try and play it like its SFV because that's what they  have been playing it for the past 5 years +

I'll reserve my  final judgement until i actually get to play the game for myself. 

21 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Think people are making the sfv comparison because its the first thing that comes to mind. Everything I've been hearing makes it sound totally different from sfv. Good hitboxes? Whiff punishment? Zero comeback mechanics? Doesn't seem like sfv to me...

I don't think it plays like SF5 at all.  Only similarity I can see is the punish counter acting somewhat close to crush counter on whiffed DP's.  

34 minutes ago, Volta said:

Do the hit- and hurtboxes correspond with the animation on screen? Yes? Then it can't feel like SFV.

Given how so many players were surprised at the range of normals in the game, I can't see it feeling like SFV. I swear Ryu has T-Rex arms in SFV. I play Alex and Kolin, every time play Ryu I whiff normals that I think will put my opponent in block stun. How does Strangehail do it fam?

1 hour ago, Skort said:

I wouldn't look too deep into it because how it "feels" is entirely subjective.

How do you enjoy how it feels is subjective.

How it feels can be objective.

A game feeling unresponsive because it has ton of input lag is objective.

A game feeling janky because it has deceiving hitboxes is objective.

Is ok to take it with a grain of salt, but not to dismiss it, since it can provide a mark of reference in some aspects of the game.

Edited by Hecatom

@DaemosPart of the reason LI Joe was running a train on everyone in the SF6 exhibition on Yipes channel is that he was playing SF6 and no one else was.  How is a game long reaching normals, full resources from the start of the round, and as @Soneropoint out effective fireballs like SFV? Hell you look the damage output LI Joe was getting compared to everyone else, it was like they were playing two different games. Because they were, he was playing SF6 and they were playing SFV. 

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DaemosPart of the reason LI Joe was running a train on everyone in the SF6 exhibition on Yipes channel is that he was playing SF6 and no one else was.  How is a game long reaching normals, full resources from the start of the round, and as @Soneropoint out effective fireballs like SFV? Hell you look the damage output LI Joe was getting compared to everyone else, it was like they were playing two different games. Because they were, he was playing SF6 and they were playing SFV. 

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying that I hope it feels like SF6 more than any other entry. Whatever SF6 may end up becoming.

If I want it to feel like anything from before then it would be SFA2/A3 or CvS2. But that's just me.

Edited by Daemos
37 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

VfzAD64.jpeg

I don't see the issue with her storing animation and neither her idle stance either.

• Her storing animation is not intended to be the same as her old one. It keeps elements from it of course but Juri has more movement in her entire animation over all.But much of her animations in 6 are more similar to her SF4 ones, storing included, look at hand position specifically. 

juri-storing.gifScreenshot-2022-08-30-011601.jpg

• As for  "realistic axe kick" ?  Where is he going with this ? Nothing about SF is realistic. People are mistaking it with increased graphical fidelity.Capcom is not aiming for the game to be realistic, neither in looks nor animations. 
  • Her stance is actually great  Screenshot-2022-08-30-011908.jpgScreenshot-2022-08-30-012622.jpg

5 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

Think people are making the sfv comparison because its the first thing that comes to mind. Everything I've been hearing makes it sound totally different from sfv. Good hitboxes? Whiff punishment? Zero comeback mechanics? Doesn't seem like sfv to me...

There is at least one comeback mechanic I think we could consider; namely the critical arts, which now get triggered at 30% life, with max meter stored. Feels sliiiiiightly Ultra Combo/Revenge Gauge-ish. But to your point about SF6 not feeling like SFV? I agree - on paper seems like a very different game compared to V, but I guess the base of it seems like SFV at least. Adding all the new systems, and whatever else the devs are cooking behind the scenes will probably make it feel more like its own thing. I trust that they're putting together a phenomenal product.

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

Hitman and Striker got like one goofy nerf. Not even sure if it was a worthwhile nerf for either character.

😂

They literally nerfed the most busted things of both of these characters. :coffee:

Striker used to be able to run up with an invincible DP and straight up guard break you if you didn't have meter to GC.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingAltruisticSnakeKlappa-Tk6IR52cgNf-3RI2

58 minutes ago, Skort said:

I find Guile to be well rendered in the new engine as well. His classic look is on point.

What do you find off about him ?

Weird proportions, dude skipped too many leg days... kinda funny considering his strongest strikes are his kicks

New costume design does'nt help either
Classic costume with large army pants kinda fix this though, create the illusion of a more balanced structure

Spoiler

Guile ha annunciato ufficialmente per Street Fighter 6 - Jugo Mobile |  Notizie e recensioni sulla tecnologia e giochi

Street Fighter 6 ci mostra i look classici di Ryu, Chun-Li e Guile |  GameSoul.it

Guess if weird or not will depend on the alts, anything with similar army pants (usually bunch of Guile alts) will probably be saved

1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

There is at least one comeback mechanic I think we could consider; namely the critical arts, which now get triggered at 30% life, with max meter stored. Feels sliiiiiightly Ultra Combo/Revenge Gauge-ish. But to your point about SF6 not feeling like SFV? I agree - on paper seems like a very different game compared to V, but I guess the base of it seems like SFV at least. Adding all the new systems, and whatever else the devs are cooking behind the scenes will probably make it feel more like its own thing. I trust that they're putting together a phenomenal product.

I don't think the SF6 Critical Arts could be compared to SF4 Ultras. It's just like a 10-15% damage boost to your level 3 super. You still need to actually have three bars, which requires a good amount of restraint and control during the match. It's not like you get the meter for free and can blow it every round.

16 minutes ago, Volt said:

They literally nerfed the most busted things of both of these characters. :coffee:

They didn't nerf the most broken thing, wtf are you talking about? They dont' get a completely free reversal. Striker still has her guard break string and if you randomly get hit by Hitman's awakening DP, you're still going to get ToDed out of it.

All the other stuff that those characters do that were dunking the ever living shit out of people is didn't get touched.

41 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I was watching this video and thinking, somebody's going to say that's cheating. Thread:

you could potentially get inputs that clean on stick but it is really hard.

In 3S you can do all sorts of other cheating nonsense while still having super clean inputs.  @Mattatsu why have you forsaken the cheatbox?

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Striker still has her guard break string

Now, I'm not going to act like I'm 100% sure on this, but the gap between DP and j.MS should've killed the guaranteed setups. Either way, not allowing her to have a DP that brings that kind of bullshit to the table is always a plus.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

why have you forsaken the cheatbox?

I just like stick a lot more. It feels right. Hitbox feels too mechanical/lifeless to me. And honestly, I think I play better with a stick as well.

I should note that I never do any of that SOCD shortcut stuff with a Hitbox, so I never used it optimally anyway, but I suspect that would make me like it even less