Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

Stupid shit

You can say and think whatever shit you want nigglet, but at least i kept my comtempt to that pos contained to this thread.

If i really wanted to be an ass, i would be going around shitting on the game on the VG thread and on the GG thread and any other places here where Strive comes up, insulting anyone for even mentioning that they are interested on the game.

So, dunno why you are making a fuss about when and where i decide to crap on the game.

GTFO with that stupid ass shit you are trying to give me mofo.

Edited by Hecatom

@vhozite

Well, there's a significant difference between super and no super after all... 

Edit: Tagging broke or whatever. I'mma quote him instead

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Idc what game it is my eyes bleed every time I see a super do absolutely fuck all damage because of scaling. Maximum 50% scaling on supers is one of the things SFV does right. 

Damage scaling is actually the devil.

Edited by Volt
57 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You can say and think whatever shit you want nigglet, but at least i kept my comtempt to that pos contained to this thread.

If i really wanted to be an ass, i would be going around shitting on the game on the VG thread and on the GG thread and any other places here where Strive comes up, insulting anyone for even mentioning that they are interested on the game.

So, dunno why you are making a fuss about when and where i decide to crap on the game.

GTFO with that stupid ass shit you are trying to give me mofo.

I'm not insulting people who disagree and calling them twats and nigglets.  I don't call your posts stupid shit, but you love referring to my posts that way.

You like to talk shit and complain about others but have a really hard time handling the fact that people disagree with your point of view.  You're not a sage or visionary that is going to save GG, and your opinion isn't more important or correct than anyone else's here. 

We tease you a little bit and all of a sudden you start throwing insults and saying "WELL I COULD BE A BIGGER DICK IF I WANTED TO, SO BE GRATEFUL!" -- wow.  How generous of you! None of us are out to get you/against you, and I already said I don't mind that you complain about Strive all the time.  Idk what you're so mad about. You really need lighten up. 

The only one actually making a fuss here atm is you,  and if you're really gonna try to dish it out then don't be so damn thin-skinned. Foaming at the mouth whenever people don't bend over backwards to agree with you just makes people take you less seriously.

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Shit

LMAO.

Nigga, i disagree with plenty of people here all the time.

Sometimes minor bickering, and sometimes wall of text discussions.

Take for example Pertho.

I argued with him every day on SWK, and yet we are still good friends.

Is not about disagreeing.

Is the passive agressive shit you are trying to give me for talking about the game you are interested in a negative way.

Most of the time i backed up my reasoning on why i feel the game is a dissapointment, but here you are defending it like a girlfriend trying to defend his boyfriend when his friends are giving him shit trying to throw disses at me.

GTFO.

I have been disagreeing with you way before today, and we have not yet had a problem until today, because you are being, like i said, a passive aggressive bitch.

So yeah, my I have zero problems with people having a different opinion than mine.

I am not a lunatic.

But i do have problems when people are trying to be smartasses like you today, so again, GTFO with that shit.

Edited by Hecatom
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

LMAO.

Nigga, i disagree with plenty of people here all the time.

Sometimes minor bickering, and sometimes wall of text discussions.

Take for example Pertho.

I argued with him every day on SWK, and yet we are still good friends.

Is not about disagreeing.

Is the passiv agressive shit you are trying to give me for talking about the game you like in a negative way.

Most of the time i backed up my reasoning on why i feel the game is a dissapointment, but here you are defending it like a girlfriend trying to defend his boyfriend when his friends are giving him shit trying to throw disses at me.

GTFO.

I have been disagreeing with you way before today, and we have not yet had a problem until today, because you are being, like i said, a passive aggressive bitch.

So yeah, my I have zero problems with people having a different opinion than mine.

I am not a lunatic.

But i do have problems when people are trying to be smartasses like you today, so again, GTFO with that shit.

If people teasing you is too much for you then I don't know what to tell you.  What would you prefer we do?  Thank you every time you go on a Strive diatribe?  Bow down to your wisdom?  Treat your posts like we're reading an article in a scientific journal?

You can dismiss what other people say as 'stupid shit' but when they treat your posts the same way they're being PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE!  SCARY!

I don't have anything against you, but you seem to have a serious problem with me.  Most people probably don't even respond to you as much as I do because they don't want to deal with your temper tantrums.

You're the one openly getting in MY face atm, and you need to get over yourself.  Stop trying to make enemies.

For the last time, I already said I don't have a problem with your opinions or your posts, so quit throwing insults and get your OPENLY AGGRESSIVE shit out of here.

14 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Snip

Like i said in my previous post, you are free to believe whatever stupid shit you want.

You are the one that keeps "teasing" like you say.

You are the one bringing shit, and when i reply you are the one trying to be on a high horse saying that people don't interact with me as much as you do.

LMAO what kind of fucktard shit is that.

Edited by Hecatom
14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Like i said in my previous post, you are free to believe whatever stupid shit you want.

You are the one that keeps "teasing" like you say.

You are the one bringing shit, and when i reply you are the one trying to be on a high horse saying that people don't interact with me as much as you do.

LMAO what kind of fucktard shit is that.

I posted this:

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

I don't see how much other people play the game has anything to do with it.

You just seem salty that other people might possibly enjoy or like the game that is KILLING THE GG SCENE!!!!!!! 🔥

As if anybody cares about old GG or Xrd in 2021 anyway.

troll dancing GIF

...and you lost your damn mind.  You have said way worse stuff to other people on plenty of occasions but THIS is what gets you tight?

We'll drop this for now, but quit the stupid and childish name-calling.  Final warning.

6 minutes ago, Edmund said:

I'm so ashamed of my country 🤮

Pizza Hut launches Singapore's first bubble tea pizza, available only until 30 March (msn.com)

I'd eat it. 👼

5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I hope Strive has another beta because this one could not possibly be scheduled at a more inconvenient time for me 😕

Tell me about it.

My brother that still wants to play the game will have to travel for his job this weekend (he is the civil enginner for what you call attorney general) so he is fucked.

It is the sole reason why  i rennounced my "private beta" code this time and gave it to the other admin of the ASW games group that couldnt get one this time.

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

I think I remember a while back someone saying how rollback wasn't ideal or wouldn't work as intended in the new Guilty Gear. This could have been on SRK. Idk.

Looking pretty good right now lol

Honestly, I feel like ASW said something early on about how they didn’t think it would work, but then they changed their tunes sometime later (after the first beta)

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Honestly, I feel like ASW said something early on about how they didn’t think it would work, but then they changed their tunes sometime later (after the first beta)

Maybe it's toxic of me, but the first thing I thought of after seeing all of these Strive matches being played overseas was "I wonder what the edgy forum guy thinks of this" LOL

9 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Idc what game it is my eyes bleed every time I see a super do absolutely fuck all damage because of scaling. Maximum 50% scaling on supers is one of the things SFV does right. 

Damage scaling is actually the devil.

And they stole the 50% minimum damage from ASW.

Because Supers in BB are capped to do 50% at worst.

So yeah they can at least copy some usefull stuff, next they should copy Strives Netcode and call an imperial Commisar to take care of the guy who made the current one they use.

I'm pumped to try out my boi nagoriyuki. Dude can get plus frames in your face whenever he wants.  Just hope it's plus enough to get some strong mix. Between command grab, low, or if he can get instant overhead with j.hs rc. 

I just wanna test some shit out 😵

Also want to know if his close S can anti air well similar to venoms old close S. Feel like he should have some tricky cross unders with blocked anti air into teleport dash

Edited by Flighflighflugit
21 minutes ago, Flighflighflugit said:

I'm pumped to try out my boi nagoriyuki. Dude can get plus frames in your face whenever he wants.  Just hope it's plus enough to get some strong mix. Between command grab, low, or if he can get instant overhead with j.hs rc. 

I just wanna test some shit out 😵

Also want to know if his close S can anti air well similar to venoms old close S. Feel like he should have some tricky cross unders with blocked anti air into teleport dash

Evil Canadian Said he'd be making a Guide and HiFight played him the whole day yesterday. 

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

Meh don't bother with betas.  Only like 1.5 months to go until full release anyway.

I’m still really on the fence about the game so I wanted a chance to try it myself. Not a fan of the wall break mechanic and (so far) I haven’t really been wowed by any of the characters. The only character that’s jumped out at me based on current footage is Milia. 

Edit: I want to give it an honest chance but like Heca says I don’t want to buy a game I’m gonna drop after a month. 

Edit 2: Actually Zato looks kind of cool too, but I don’t like managing extra resources.

Edited by Vhozite

Sagat's ending in SF4  is one of my favorites from the series.  I took a step back and thought about it a lil bit. A clear message to suppress your online salt because in the end LP means nothing, it's the thrill of the battle.

But how do i "communicate through one's fists" when i'm getting hit by unreactable full screen ex into trigger into me losing the round ?  

@  Aegis , Kolin VT 2 , G in general, Akoomer, basically any  fullscreen move into GG, Seth axe kick etc .

Your fists were mute, they had no soul. 

Have you changed ? Only 22 february can answer that question.

28 minutes ago, Skort said:

Sagat's ending in SF4  is one of my favorites from the series.  I took a step back and thought about it a lil bit. A clear message to suppress your online salt because in the end LP means nothing, it's the thrill of the battle.

But how do i "communicate through one's fists" when i'm getting hit by unreactable full screen ex into trigger into me losing the round ?  

@  Aegis , Kolin VT 2 , G in general, Akoomer, basically any  fullscreen move into GG, Seth axe kick etc .

Your fists were mute, they had no soul. 

Have you changed ? Only 22 february can answer that question.

Doesn't it feel awesome? Fighting, I mean. When you both are trying to ground each other? Then there's fighting games which are a different kind of journey. It's all about the thrill of battle, eh?

I'm still iffy on picking up strive, even if I don't stick with it I'll probably try it. I try to think of it as voting with my wallet instead of a waste of money. 

They've done so much between the netcode and little quality of life things. You can reset and change positions with different button combinations instead of going through the menu, and also save dummy recordings. Etc etc 

I mean I bought all the sfv seasons the least I could do is throw some money to a company really trying.

That is sort of my going logic as well. Plus I'll probably play Strive at least a bit so I can feel better about it than, say, Granblue, which I played almost not at all.

There is some non-zero broken % of me that saw the S5 info for SFV and reflexively thought "oh cool I'll definitely grab that". Even if you shake the habit you don't ever kick the itch.

dave chappelle drugs GIF

12 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

That is sort of my going logic as well. Plus I'll probably play Strive at least a bit so I can feel better about it than, say, Granblue, which I played almost not at all.

There is some non-zero broken % of me that saw the S5 info for SFV and reflexively thought "oh cool I'll definitely grab that". Even if you shake the habit you don't ever kick the itch.

See, I'm trying to pour everything into strive. Actually "git gud" at a game. 

SFV does nothing for me. That game ain't getting any more money out of me. I've only spent $15 on the game anyways 

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

See, I'm trying to pour everything into strive. Actually "git gud" at a game. 

SFV does nothing for me. That game ain't getting any more money out of me. I've only spent $15 on the game anyways 

You did a lot better than I. Though I can't talk too much shit; I've put plenty of time into SF5 and enjoyed more than enough of it. Even though the bones of the game still piss me off it has made for some great gaming sessions with people from here and olde SRK.

I'm definitely going to try to lean into Strive as well. Always nice to get into a game on the ground floor. Trying to rebalance my hobby time to open up FG time again (ideally I want to get back to KI2013 as well).

I’ll likely buy Strive too, though, i don't doubt i’ll swap soon and start asking for games in Samsho, MVCi, or whatever the fuck i feel like playing.

my biggest issue seems to be time. I get pumped for a game, go all in, and then a week later hit a rough period at work where i cant touch a game for a few days amd then when i do have the time, the motivation isnt the same and i look into something else... I’m like this with everything though, amd why i could never join a band with my bass guitar - one week I’m transcribing Ray Brown’s walking bassline in some jazz tune, the next week I’m trying to play the zelda nes theme note for note, and the week after that, i’m blasting Tool.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

the motivation isnt the same and i look into something else.

I've had this problem, but I've decided I'm going to go full tunnel vision. I'm not going to play anything else, really. 

There really isn't anything else coming out this year that I'm really looking forward to, FG or Non-FG, so I'm planning on putting most, if not all, the time I spend on videogames into strive this year 

5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ll likely buy Strive too, though, i don't doubt i’ll swap soon and start asking for games in Samsho, MVCi, or whatever the fuck i feel like playing.

my biggest issue seems to be time. I get pumped for a game, go all in, and then a week later hit a rough period at work where i cant touch a game for a few days amd then when i do have the time, the motivation isnt the same and i look into something else... I’m like this with everything though, amd why i could never join a band with my bass guitar - one week I’m transcribing Ray Brown’s walking bassline in some jazz tune, the next week I’m trying to play the zelda nes theme note for note, and the week after that, i’m blasting Tool.

Hell yea \m/

I hear you on that. Sometimes priorities shift for a bit. What I find helps if you do want to stay consistent with something is just have confidence that you enjoyed the thing you maybe lost momentum on and just pick it up and start rolling again. If its something you really enjoy, you'll get back into the groove pretty quickly. The hard part is not letting the desire for novelty/excitement be the main driving factor all of the time. In my experience that leads to a lot of jumping around which can be frustrating, or weirdly lots of ennui when you end up with times where I don't feel like anything jumps out at me and I just sit there and watch YT for a couple of hours.

Like I'm making myself pick up the paintbrush again this weekend. Holidays and other projects stalled me out on that hard but I know I need to and want to get back to it. Once I get going it'll be more self motivating. 

We need to play Strive once it drops. Xrd was fun.

4 hours ago, Skort said:

His SSFV Arcade Intro was no joke either.

That stuff hits different.