Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

12 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Was it like that from the jump? I remember jumping online after I beat the campaign and it seemed like a tacked on afterthought. The protag switching is what drew me in. 

Not initially I think? I’m not sure, tbh. The switching protags was an interesting idea but not enough to draw me in. But now over the last 6 years or whatever where online is the main focal point is just a huge turn off to me. I just really don’t like online gaming. It just doesn’t feel natural to me. Lol.

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Man, I just don't really get it... people will keep buying GTA V for the rest of eternity, I guess.  In the year 4065, a version of GTA V will still be near the top of the sales charts.  You could bet money on it.  People will still be buying that shit like it's a hype new thing that just released yesterday.

hmm... in the 41st century, I wonder if Elder Scrolls 6 and Bayonetta 3 will be out by that point?  haha nah probably not. They'll still be in development with new "teaser" trailers being posted every few centuries.

Oh Elder Scrolls 6 will def be out by then...the real question would be would it be fixed by then?

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Chun gets an ass buff for Fortnite and Cammy gets an ass nerf when she comes to Fortnite.

Wait wut?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thank God for the modders.

Edit

Shit, i knew they will fuck her skin by putting pants/leggins

Edited by Hecatom
18 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

They should have just brought back Abel. One of the few original SF4 characters I liked.

I threw Shenmue 3 and its steelbook into the trash today.

I thought about trading it into Gamestop but since its only $4-5, I was like "Fuck it"

Abel would have been a great choice since Alex, Seth, Gill and Urien are all on the roster. They could have tied that over arching storyline together

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

They should have just brought back Abel. One of the few original SF4 characters I liked.

I threw Shenmue 3 and its steelbook into the trash today.

I thought about trading it into Gamestop but since its only $4-5, I was like "Fuck it"

And I would have taken the Steel book. Profound sadness. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Last character revealed, new character.  Named Luke.  And as far as I can tell he is a kick boxer.

Once the trailer gets put up I'll post it.

Unimpressed Loop GIF

So, a Logan Paul looking abomination is the final SFV character. And not a returning legacy character *coughDudley* or a Capcom gaming icon..*coughHaggar*  or a  guest fighting game character (expected a Tekken character since Akuma is in Tekken 7), or a more interesting new SF character.

Zool Redimensioned announced for PC

Amiga classic action platformer returns in August.

About

The Ninja of the Nth Dimension is back!

Originally released by Gremlin Graphics in 1992 on the Amiga to critical acclaim, iconic gaming mascot Zool returns in Zool Redimensioned!

This brand-new reimagining of the classic action platforming adventure has been rebuilt from the ground up for modern audiences. Help Zool jump, spin and shoot his way across eight alien worlds, taking down menacing bosses and saving the universe from the nefarious influence of Krool.

Zool‘s old school platforming action will challenge the most hardcore gamers, with modern enhancements that bring the game into the 21st century. Beat your speed run times, discover secrets hidden across every level, or go back in time and play the original classic game. Re-live the legend of the ninja that started it all!

Key Features

• Over 28 retro platforming challenges, all enhanced for the best possible experience.
  • Choose between two main game modes: “Redimensioned” for a more accessible modern experience, or “Ultimate Ninja” to experience a true hardcore challenge.
  • Trade blows with the dimension’s most dangerous creatures in seven completely redesigned boss fights.
  • Discover new secrets, challenges and extras across your adventure, with over 25 achievements to unlock.
  • Enhanced quality-of-life options, including a level select screen, checkpoints, accessibility options and more.
  • Play the original Mega Drive version for a truly authentic retro adventure.

Sumo Digital Academy

Zool Redimensioned has been rebuilt from scratch by the Sumo Digital Academy, a talent development program focused on creating new pathways into the games industry. With guidance from the developers of the 1992 original at Gremlin Graphics, we’ve retained the spirit that makes Zool a cult classic, while adding mechanics we’ve loved from the past 29 years of fantastic platforming games. The result is Zool Redimensioned, a game that transcends time and space—don’t miss out on this classic retro adventure!

ExZeus: The Complete Collection announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

ExZeus 1 and 2 collection due out this summer. Arcade goodness

Here is an overview of the collection, via Ziggurat Interactive:

About the ExZeus Series

Hostile alien forces have set their sights on Earth and will stop at nothing to wipe our civilization from existence. The invaders seek to use their advanced technology to annihilate humanity, but they weren’t expecting the people of Earth to counter with sophisticated technology of our own. Enter Project ExZeus, humanity’s last and best defense to repel the otherworldly menace and restore peace to our little blue planet using ultra high tech fighting robots! Take control of four different robots and blast those aliens back to where they came from in these action-focused high flying 3D arcade-style rail shooters!

ExZeus

In the year 2102 C.E. a massive, previously unknown asteroid entered Earth’s orbit and began unleashing waves of attacks on the planet, killing thousands of people every day and devastating human civilization. The lucky few who survived the initial onslaught managed to escape deep underground, narrowly preventing humanity’s extinction. The Governing Council ordered an immediate counter-attack using three experimental robots: Calista, Sophia, and Dynamis. With that, Operation ExZeus was born. Now, you must choose one of the three giant flying robots to take into battle against the invading forces of Diadora. Soar through the skies, blast away enemies, and reclaim Earth for its people!

ExZeus 2

After a century of peace, Operation ExZeus and the defeat of Diadora are but a distant memory for the people of Earth. However, the peace was not to last. A new menace has emerged from deep space in the form of five mysterious pods, each one a weapon of mass destruction, which have landed in densely populated areas around the globe. To combat these new threats, Operation ExZeus has been reopened with the legendary robots Calista, Sophia, and Dynamis being fused together to create the ultimate fighting robot, Minos. Dominate the land and skies as you take control of Minos to repel the alien threat, destroy the five pods, and defeat the invaders once and for all!

14 hours ago, iStu X said:

He seems like their answer to Joe Higashi. 

I sort of agree but him being yet another blonde instantly downgrades him even with the jet arms he seems to be packing. The frequency they have used that hair color and the blandness of his design seemingly being a tattooed kickboxer just makes me personally go meh. 

Doesn't help that I thought for a second he was redesign or alternate costume for Benimaru from KOF when I saw stills of him pop up before I could see the trailer/stream.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That is the problem. They've already set an example an atrociously bad one. Bobby Kotex is going to do the bare minimum required to keep collecting those undeserved 100 plus million dollar paychecks.

Pretty much. This sounds like damage control, they are trying to hype up a response to offset how every media outlet right now is either washing their hands of them or nuking them in public and sometimes both.

It honestly feels like the corpo equivalent of raising ones fist into the air behind the body as if you are going to swing and then back down pretending like you did something.