Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

55 minutes ago, Scanman said:

I knew it would be something like this. But if he can get to level 7 in one combo that is a problem.

Combo in question starts at 2:40

He also deletes him in the combo too after getting to 7.  The combo afterwards is the 7 dragonball combo.

Right now just based off of this I feels he's gonna be treated like Phoenix in that when people see him on a team the focus will be on killing him before he gets to the opportunity to delete someone but considering the how the taunt can be used in combos and in neutral its gonna be difficult.  If you watch the full exhibition match, Apology man was just applying pressure with assists while he sat behind them and leveled up.  He manages to get about 2 levels per assist usage in neutral from what it looked like.  Also keep in mind this is like day -5.  I'm sure lab monsters are going to come up with something far more ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Combo in question starts at 2:40

He also deletes him in the combo too after getting to 7.  The combo afterwards is the 7 dragonball combo.

Right now just based off of this I feels he's gonna be treated like Phoenix in that when people see him on a team the focus will be on killing him before he gets to the opportunity to delete someone but considering the how the taunt can be used in combos and in neutral its gonna be difficult.  If you watch the full exhibition match, Apology man was just applying pressure with assists while he sat behind them and leveled up.  He manages to get about 2 levels per assist usage in neutral from what it looked like.  Also keep in mind this is like day -5.  I'm sure lab monsters are going to come up with something far more ridiculous.

And it will stay in the game until the uptick in sales subsides.

Then it will be patched out.

This is but one of the myriad things about modern fighting games that makes me loathe them.

Not just fighting games.

It's why I play almost 100% SP games anymore.

Edited by JHDK
14 hours ago, Dayaan said:

What the fuck else can we do, eh?

That's fair and I guess that's why I'm still in therapy. I think it's a bit of in stagnation for me to let various forms of my past define me, but learning how to cope and heal from it can be the way to free myself from being a prisoner of it, which is what I've been lectured on. My health department were always willing to assist me on treatment and bringing out the best version of myself, even though I wasn't always fully cooperative. Your post was needed. Thank you. 

54 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

My homie just proposed a scary thought: What if they cancel Johnny Bravo next? Granted, he ain't been in shit in damn near 20 years but still 😭

Pepe's (damn near) whole schtick was coming on to a female way too damn strong if I remember. While I don't at all agree with him being put in the back, I can see why they did it if they don't have something fresh or new for him to do.

Bravo, though I don't remember much, would do plenty other stuff (though chasing females is what he's known for). Also, he'd get punched or slapped by the women who he came onto that were not feeling it.

I could be wrong about both characters here, but that's how I see it. I don't think they'll come at Johnny Bravo if, say, there was a reboot. Then again, I don't know how the Twitter mob thinks.

Edited by axeman61
55 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

That's fair and I guess that's why I'm still in therapy. I think it's a bit of in stagnation for me to let various forms of my past define me, but learning how to cope and heal from it can be the way to free myself from being a prisoner of it, which is what I've been lectured on. My health department were always willing to assist me on treatment and bringing out the best version of myself, even though I wasn't always fully cooperative. Your post was needed. Thank you. 

Go forth and succeed.

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The clip is slightly taken out of context.  SS4 Gogeta has a mechanic where he can power up his supers up to level 7.   Once he reaches level 7 then he has access to the delete button.  From what I understand, if he uses any of his supers before he gets to level 7 it resets and he has to build it again.  It's still crazy though because it's already been found that he has a combo route that will allow him to reach Level 7 in said combo. 

This clip is off a command grab so dude got to 7, command grabbed and shenanigans. 

Also reaching to 7 gets you a free dragon ball for more bullshit😂

The devs literally made this character to be assholes. The entire Dev demo has them giggling like school girls. 

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

My homie just proposed a scary thought: What if they cancel Johnny Bravo next? Granted, he ain't been in shit in damn near 20 years but still 😭

Oh you know it's coming.  The train don't stop.  There's always something to be offended by if they look hard enough................and they WILL look hard enough.

That said, we better enjoy now before the YouTube gulag gang comes a knockin.

1 hour ago, Emptyeyes said:

I'm glad that you came back some time later and still replied. Therapy is good. I don't understand it, but my mother has basically become a therapist. She graduates soon and is finishing up employment details, after which she will be practicing soon, but she has significant field experience already. All this is to say that mental health comes into play at our house a lot. Like I said, it's beyond me, and I don't care, but I have visibly seen people improve after therapy. Keep at it. I might start it one day, but I don't see any reason to.

Edited by Dayaan
1 minute ago, Dayaan said:

Speaking of cancel culture, I can't wait until Killer Instinct is cancelled because Back to Rise has one line where they mention R Kelly 😂

Hopefully Killer Instinct 2 drops something on Cosby LOL.

No one pays attention to killer instinct.. They are beyond safe. They are the bastard child of the fgc. 

15 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

They got you. Soon it'll be a crime to be straight, and not have an obligatory fursona.

Make a good film probably, starring Tom Cruise or Will Smith. 

Will Smith already plays Ironman football.

And Cruise's pinch hitting is somewhat suspect.

Marrying Katie Holmes is practically already halfway to True Confessions of a Furrie, anyways. Woof.

Edited by JHDK
2 hours ago, Maxx said:

No one pays attention to killer instinct.. They are beyond safe. They are the bastard child of the fgc. 

You say that, but no one payed attention to Kevin Spacey's personal life either. Turns out the bastard was making bastards with bastards!

3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Oh you know it's coming.  The train don't stop.  There's always something to be offended by if they look hard enough................and they WILL look hard enough.

That said, we better enjoy now before the YouTube gulag gang comes a knockin.

Johnny Bravo was a very amusing cartoon, but you're right. I just wanted to say that there is too much of an attack on men. It took men to forge, protect, and preserve countries from within. I fail to see how masculine behavior is toxic, especially since I believe both sexes had their fluid moments in both traits. It takes two for reproduction in order for an outcome to take place. No sex would be successful without the other, so we're dependent on each other as contributions to this life. I imagine belittling either is an neglection and dishonor to one's biology. 

Funny thing is Johnny Bravo proves why acting the way he does, won't work on women. He has shown to be successful on a few occasions (though it was played in a comedic way and never to promote his way of getting women) and in another episode he gets turned into a woman and learns what women go through dealing with men. 

I'll dig those up later and post them.

Edited by TheInfernoman

It's a slippery slope of pathetic shit in this society...it's only going to get worse, imo....it will get to a point where anything showing a straight male character just casually pursuing a female character will be seen as "problematic", and the same weak ass chumps will try to get anything with characters like that *deleted* from tv, movies, music and videogames.  

How long until Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom gets that scene near the end "fixed" (by way of deletion) where he uses the whip to pull the woman in for a kiss?

• They'll have to "fix" Tom & Jerry too, because of those episodes where Tom is going out of his way to get with that white cat.
  • Family Matters - Urkel might have to be erased because, y'know...he had a big crush on Lara for years.
  • Friends - guess we have to cancel out Joey too since he was always after some fresh new ass...
  • They've already "fixed" the female characters in Mortal Kombat games lately....can't have them walking around in outfits that some may find to be "sexy"....that would be awful.
  • Beavis & Butthead are "problematic" too since they constantly referred to getting to "score", and there was that scene where Butthead asked a girl "hey baby, wanna wrestle?"

We can't have entertainment anymore...that is no longer going to be allowed at all in the new era soon.  Have "fun" with that, new generations!  I'm sure it will be a good time. 🙂 

Oh and ladies of future generations---have fun with the new generations of men who will NOT pursue you at any point in life, or even "risk" flirting, or asking you out, asking for a phone #, etc. etc. ....because that kind of behavior is "problematic", and we can't have that nonsense going on.   I'm sure that will be fun and incredibly productive for the future of the species, right?

Edited by MillionX
20 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Oh and ladies of future generations---have fun with the new generations of men who will NOT pursue you at any point in life, or even "risk" flirting, or asking you out, asking for a phone #, etc. etc. ....because that kind of behavior is "problematic", and we can't have that nonsense going on.   I'm sure that will be fun and incredibly productive for the future of the species, right?

lol man, I have a few thoughts on people that complain about this stuff.

But I'm lazy and don't like getting into any arguments.

All I'm going to say is that...what you're describing, that's like every culture and every time period outside of 70s and later America. American dating is very recent and still not accepted in most places around the world, including Eastern Europe. Sure some Western Euro nations adopted it, and you're seeing it also in some other cultures like in South America, but it's still considered crazy liberal and something only loose women do. China is also beginning to edge a bit towards it with a rising middle class and women's incomes, but it also had decades of a one child only policy so everything is screwed up there.

Japan's typically the most progressive and American oriented of the Asian societies, but they still do marriage interviews and call women "Christmas Cake" for being unmarried and over 25 or whatever. Plus they've got some serious issues in general.

I know you're not reaaaaally worried about the human race dying out, but I can assure you, people will keep fucking and biology will take over. If COVID killed literally everyone over the age of 20 tomorrow, society would rebuild quicker and easier with people hooking up and having children left and right.

30 minutes ago, MillionX said:

How long until Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom gets that scene near the end "fixed" (by way of deletion) where he uses the whip to pull the woman in for a kiss?

Given what they've done to Lola Bunny, probably very soon. It's why physical media is important. Streaming services can alter the version and not give you the option to see the original. 

29 minutes ago, Serpent said:

lol man, I have a few thoughts on people that complain about this stuff.

But I'm lazy and don't like getting into any arguments.

All I'm going to say is that...what you're describing, that's like every culture and every time period outside of 70s and later America. American dating is very recent and still not accepted in most places around the world, including Eastern Europe. Sure some Western Euro nations adopted it, and you're seeing it also in some other cultures like in South America, but it's still considered crazy liberal and something only loose women do. China is also beginning to edge a bit towards it with a rising middle class and women's incomes, but it also had decades of a one child only policy so everything is screwed up there.

Japan's typically the most progressive and American oriented of the Asian societies, but they still do marriage interviews and call women "Christmas Cake" for being unmarried and over 25 or whatever. Plus they've got some serious issues in general.

I know you're not reaaaaally worried about the human race dying out, but I can assure you, people will keep fucking and biology will take over. If COVID killed literally everyone over the age of 20 tomorrow, society would rebuild quicker and easier with people hooking up and having children left and right.

I don't mean to sound like a Johnny Come Lately... but what you are describing in other places kind of is, every bit as much Murikan dating, give or take a couple of decades, per the human species and its cultural reproductive antics.

It's not even all that accruate for modern Eurooe, much less early modern Europe, let alone mcu h else of the world.

Fuck the Agrarian Revolution, but not because of Farmers' Daughters dot com.

But on the real... fuck Farmer's Daughters dot com. Like, conceptually.

Edited by JHDK
9 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

Well in two hours of play I didn't win a single SFV FT3 set against my friend. 

The rust is truly real, hell even my MM is outdated.

It's not rust.

It is just that your body has cleansed itself of all the bad habits brought on by abusing it with low tier garbage.

SFV is basically the Huffing Compressed Air of fighting games.

Edited by JHDK