Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

It's amazing how our biology is so similar yet different.

Yeah man, my good buddy got his a day before me and it fucked him up the next day. Fever, aches, headache. But it only lasted a day. I was kinda bracing for it and planning to take a sick day today, but I didn't need to. Was almost hoping to take advantage and play videogames all day while the baby was at the in-laws. I don't get to do that anymore 😂

11 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I remember reading takes on this movie saying that Tenet was something you had to watch twice. 

Me:

giphy.gif

The exposition walks you through the entire concept of what the movie is about. He puts clues that set up all of the moments throughout. I pretty much "got it" half way through, but the journey was still great. I shed a "man-tear" at the end when the characters talk about "the end" and it closes the loop. The movie's biggest flaw IMO is the amount of exposition. Otherwise, this is another solid work from Nolan. 

LOL I'm not gonna pretend to have figured out the main character... Ironically. But I did suspect it and being I've watched enough time travel movies that the ending didn't confuse me one bit. It's more like a Ohhh moment when you see the ending. But yeah they explain everything, nothing should be confusing by the end of the movie. 

It wasn't left open ended 😂

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I've watched enough time travel movies that the ending didn't confuse me one bit. It's more like a Ohhh moment when you see the ending. But yeah they explain everything, nothing should be confusing by the end of the movie. 

It wasn't left open ended 😂

Exactly. the second airport scene was like "Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh". Then all the things Nolan setup became clear. 

I'm running out of things to say. Ha ha ha!

I tend to be a detached person. I usually feel and think nothing, but I am not depressed since I don't feel bad. I sometimes feel high out of nowhere even though I don't smoke weed anymore. It's a natural high, I guess. Sometimes, I feel like I am part of my surroundings and reality is a dream. 

Lately, I've been feeling this warm energy running through my body. I wonder what it is... 

Edited by Lord Vega

My tl this week Is older millenials complaining about Gen z wanting to cancel Eminem.... Are people this bored. These people seem way too emotionally invested in this shit. I'm pretty sure Eminem is well protected by his millions of dollars. Plus... We already did this shit in 1999 or w/e

49 minutes ago, Maxx said:

My tl this week Is older millenials complaining about Gen z wanting to cancel Eminem.... Are people this bored. These people seem way too emotionally invested in this shit. I'm pretty sure Eminem is well protected by his millions of dollars. Plus... We already did this shit in 1999 or w/e

The whole Dr. Seuss thing was spread all this week. I really don't think people read to comprehend any longer. 

7 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The whole Dr. Seuss thing was spread all this week. I really don't think people read to comprehend any longer. 

Im patient so I did break it down to a woman who I know who's on the conservative side. She hit me with the white conservative flow chart. Lmfao "oh it's just art" "it feels like everything's canceled" "oh I don't see color". 

The problem is they don't actually look at the images that are offensive so they don't get the context. I had to drop the fuckin spear holding big lipped African drawing for them to finally kinda be like.. Oh

Edited by Maxx
3 hours ago, Maxx said:

My tl this week Is older millenials complaining about Gen z wanting to cancel Eminem..

Apparently the rug rats are offended about of his many songs where he raps about possibly killing his Ex, and babies took offense. 

Far, far, far from the most offensive thing any rapper ever rapped about. 
Eminem's raps subject mater are kinda soft compared to some of the hardcore Gangsta rappers of the late 90s and 2000s where they openly threaten rivals in their songs. 

Edited by DarkSakul
9 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Apparently the rug rats are offended about of his many songs where he raps about possibly killing his Ex, and babies took offense. 

Far, far, far from the most offensive thing any rapper ever rapped about. 
Eminem's raps subject mater are kinda soft compared to some of the hardcore Gangsta rappers of the late 90s and 2000s where they openly threaten rivals in their songs. 

I was told it was the Rihanna song where he ties her up and burns the house down. Not even the good shit about Kim or his mom 😂

7 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

People have too much time on their hands due to Corona. That's why they get upset over bitch level stuff.

Can't wait for things to go back to "normal" by next year.

They were bitches pre-corona too. Remember what people put Kevin Hart through over a bunch of tweets from years ago? That's prime bitch shit right there.

While we're on this topic, I'm wondering something: where do you guys think cancel culture as a whole is going? Will it get worse, or will it get balanced out somehow?

Bear in mind, I don't mean people doing dumb shit and being held accountable. A lot of that stuff gets labeled as "cancel culture", but I don't feel it is. I mean the real parasitic fuck shit that has no purpose but to fuck up someone's career. Stuff like digging up of old tweets to stir up drama and get someone fired, or overreacting to something someone did to get someone fired, or believing accusations with no proof whatsoever.

I used to think that stuff was only going to get worse as the years go on. But now, for a reason I can't even pinpoint, I think things are going to bet better. I don't know if I'm thinking companies are going to wise up and realize invisible mobs don't affect their bottom line at all, or if these cancel crazies are going to go too far one year and most people will start actively hating them. But for some reason I think things are going to get better.

Edited by axeman61

Nice. When stuff turns out good, cooking at home is the best. Sometimes the process sucks, but it's worth it for the end if you make something great.

Honestly, if could make good pizza, naan, or BBQ, I'd never eat out again.

Also, 🤣

I read about this in Death of WCW and somehow thought it was fake. No, it's very real, and it gives me so much joy.

Edited by axeman61
6 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Million,  have you ever passed green dookie?

Oh yeah, definitely... it's kinda rare for me though....like maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10, just to guess...?  haha it always amused me how many colors shit could be....like babies often have yellowish/tan shit, then the usual brown and green you get throughout the rest of your life...and I vaguely recall seeing white shit outside occasionally when I was a kid; I figured that's what happens to certain animal shit once it's dried out.... .then I noticed it can be the color of beets when I've had a lot of beet juice.

...of course the beet juice isn't the greatest taste-wise in terms of juices, but it has quite a few health benefits, and it can help keep blood pressure numbers down.  Unfortunate thing is that it's quite a bit more expensive than other juices... like typically $6.99 per bottle (R. W. Knudsen brand)  at the Krogers I get it from.... Walmart of course beat them on price (their beet juice, same brand would be 4.99!), but they stopped carrying it for some reason.

oh yeah and at Walmart yesterday--- I saw they had more Arcade 1UP machines on the shelf again... hopefully I can continue to resist the temptation... they happen to have 2 of the main ones that I'm quite tempted to get--- TMNT and now... a Ms. Pacman machine!  I should get something better if/when I get an arcade cabinet, but the temptation is strong when you happen to see a thing right there in a store you regularly visit....the boxes aren't even that big, so it could easily fit into my car.... the other one I'd want is the Mortal Kombat machine; if they ever get that back in stock, I don't know that I can resist much longer... 😞  (*home versions of MK2 never had that cool bass sound after the announcer says "...Fatality." as the blood dripping letters appear....that 1 missing detail always bugged the hell out of me.)

Am I the only person getting fucked by USPS? I been waiting WEEKS for packages from them, whereas UPS and Amazon deliver shit on time or even early 

My shit has been in transit since the 26th, and I haven't gotten a single update. And this is after giving the business hell I ordered from to resend it again think they were the issue 😤

Edited by HD-Man
6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Am I the only person getting fucked by USPS? I been waiting WEEKS for packages from them, whereas UPS and Amazon deliver shit on time or even early 

My shit has been in transit since the 26th, and I haven't gotten a single update. And this is after giving the business hell I ordered from to resend it again think they were the issue 😤

Trust me, you aren't the only person. There was a post office branch here in Raleigh that had stuff dating back to Dec being held. 

Nihilism is something that I often struggled with for a couple of years. It gives me comfort in the sense that nothing in this life actually makes sense, which takes away wasteful critical thinking. On the other hand, I'm also in conflict that I gave up too soon on searching for answers in life that could be in the range of understanding. I suppose this is therapeutic worthy for next week's session. 

To me order and purpose is the nature of the Universe, therefore there are reasons for everything. If there is no order and purpose, the Universe will fall apart and cease to exist. The Universe has mechanisms that imply there is order and purpose. Just look at the human body. It is obviously designed with functions that imply order and purpose. It has a set pattern of design therefore it makes sense. Reasonable patterns makes sense. It's not just some random blob with no function that has no reason and meaning behind it's design. Reason and meaning is born out of purpose and order. 

There are patterns of Order all over creation; patterns that imply meaning like a word or a sentence. Even random patterns have meaning and they mean Chaos. 

Edited by Lord Vega
27 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

@BB_Hoodywhat made you decide to step away from aviation repair? 

Wasn't by choice. I lost my last Aviation job due to covid hurting the business when it first really kicked off. It only lasted a month but it was the best job I've ever had. And introduced me to the life changing 3d-12hr work schedule. After that I couldn't go back to 5d-8hr schedule. I like my 4 days off.

After that I was doing instacart and worked a contract out in Birmingham for a month. To keep money coming in. But I decided I wasn't going back to contracting. And there were no aviation jobs near by. So I started applying for mechanic positions in general here in Georgia.

After months of trying I stumbled across where I'm at now. Pays 25pr hr. With a raise After my probation period and a additional slight raise if I'm on night or weekend shift.