Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

On 3/2/2021 at 12:32 AM, OPTIMUS124 said:

Is there any significance behind you guy's usernames? I wondered how many people thought mine was just a typo. 

I've been using this one for quite some time. OPTIMUS is pretty obvious. 124 is my dad's car number while he was working in law enforcement. 

It came out my frustration with finding a username. When I was creating my PSN account every username I thought up was always taken. Hawkingbird managed to get through. It came from Young Avengers and it was the codename Patriot came up with for Kate Bishop when she took Hawkeye and Mockingbird equipment to help the team against Kang. I use that name for most of my accounts since it's unlikely to taken. In the event that it is I got a Gundam inspired username as a backup. 

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

LOL you think it means anything?

I think it's hilarious dude thinks he can attack me for liking stuff, then he proceeds to name a bunch of shit I never even heard off.
Like if you want to get to under someone's skin, get to know your target first, go actually find out there hidden likes and interests. 

Cisco here is just grasping at straws that aren't even there.

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

I like Blackpink.

Like seriously I don't know what Black Pink is. 
Wait a sec, Looks them up on Youtube.

They this group pretty good, their songs slaps. 

Like if Cisco wanted to really try, there far better shit he could try to target me with. 
But I doubt he would be smart enough to find out. 

I bet Cisco listens to Barry Manilow, John Collins and Rick Astley

sheeeitttt, I remember Neesa has posted some niiiiiice pics showing off major cleavage before as well.  No comment on whether or not some pics were saved...

y'know, with the Black Superman movie apparently being a real thing on the horizon...it would be great if they actually have his kryptonite being some gorgeous white ass; he's always mesmerized and weakened by the booty...especially white and latina ones.

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

April 2001 here.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to all those old posters like:

Shin Mech Brian 

Akumachan (I think they became a couple?) 

Soup or man 

Good mourning

RPD Rookie. 

Muff Daddy 

Roninchaos 

Neesa (She made an account here ,but I guess is practicing ninjutsu) 

EX Matt 

Colguile 

Septimus Prime 

Sonicabid 

Shaft Agent 

crazy 

Phantom Angel (I see him on my ps online friends list sometimes) 

Vynce (ditto under the goofy name 420MastaSkaterboi or something) 

Epidemic (Is he excited for Godzilla vs Kong?)

The memories...

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/srk-lounge-ver-idgaf/153518/1555

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

hahahaha that 0.13 GPA.... and.... he and his mom thought he was going to be graduating?!  BRUH...

he didn't just fail (*I thought this pussy ass society had stopped letting kids fail a grade... I'm happy to be wrong about that)...he got pushed back to 9th grade!

ray liotta laughing GIF

seriously though, c'mon black folks... stop embarrassing the damn tribe, please.

edit--and how does she NOT know?  It's kinda your job as a parent to know what's up with the report card situation over the years.

Time for the usual cheap shot---one thing that surprises me is that it's Baltimore and not Memphis. 🤣

Edited by MillionX
7 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

In FL public schools, you cant fail as long as you have a pulse.

Good to know standards are low in other cities so the shame can be distributed evenly.

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/srk-lounge-welcomes-your-shenanigans/140768/1452

And like 4 posts down, another post by me 

nearly identical to the one I made on here a day ago about execution barriers. It is uncanny.

Edited by JHDK
2 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

I'm back/alive. The winter storm that blew into Texas knocked our power out for a week or so, then when it came back a T-Mobile wire blew the hell up so haven't had internet since the 14th. 

Now it seems...okay, hopefully. That was a very annoying time period, still better than Hurricane Katrina though.

Glad to see you're ok!  🙂

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

y'know, with the Black Superman movie apparently being a real thing on the horizon...it would be great if they actually have his kryptonite being some gorgeous white ass; he's always mesmerized and weakened by the booty...especially white and latina ones.

The main villain should be Lexi Luthor, a white/latina chick with kryptonite bootie shorts.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

hahahaha that 0.13 GPA.... and.... he and his mom thought he was going to be graduating?!  BRUH...

he didn't just fail (*I thought this pussy ass society had stopped letting kids fail a grade... I'm happy to be wrong about that)...he got pushed back to 9th grade!

ray liotta laughing GIF

seriously though, c'mon black folks... stop embarrassing the damn tribe, please.

edit--and how does she NOT know?  It's kinda your job as a parent to know what's up with the report card situation over the years.

Time for the usual cheap shot---one thing that surprises me is that it's Baltimore and not Memphis. 🤣

The school failed...

My mom beat my ass with a hanger, my dad threatened to break my stuff and I got in a lot of trouble for jumping over the school wall and bunking classes.

My mother also had long talks with me about ME, and my dad gave me long talks about MY FUTURE. The same teachers that got me in trouble stuck by me to teach me the power of gaining knowledge AND partying. I was a bad student, but I'm not any more. I have a 4.0 and I'm waiting to hear back in 2 weeks on a scholarship competition that I was a finalist in for a fully funded abroad and home university education.

The school failed? Fucking please. Discipline your kid. Teach your kid the value of life. They're never going to love themselves and their minds if you don't paint the dirt road golden for them. There's no emerald city if you don't start fucking building.

FOH.

I have yet to hear of any student like this that wants to keep living last high school. I know plenty, because I was always the poorest in a super elite school. I can't even begin to imagine how much pocket money these kids got because it was often more than my father had in his wallet on a good day. He's not alone, and he will fail and wither if he doesn't get the help that he doesn't even know he needs.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

So they're gonna go through with it eh?  Wild guess, it's gonna fail hard as hell and THEN they'll try to blame it on,"Muh Racists don't wanna see it!" and the world keeps on turning.

Random topic:  what's up with the,"I can't believe it's not hentai" surge of current manga?  Damn.  I'm just trying to find something else to read while all my favorites catch up and I swear some guy is getting raped in just about every new series.  I guess I'm gonna have to check the isekai stuff even though I wanted to avoid it.

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

So they're gonna go through with it eh?  Wild guess, it's gonna fail hard as hell and THEN they'll try to blame it on,"Muh Racists don't wanna see it!" and the world keeps on turning.

Random topic:  what's up with the,"I can't believe it's not hentai" surge of current manga?  Damn.  I'm just trying to find something else to read while all my favorites catch up and I swear some guy is getting raped in just about every new series.  I guess I'm gonna have to check the isekai stuff even though I wanted to avoid it.

This is exactly why I started reading non-fiction more. Manga can be good though. I only keep up with One Piece and Dragon Ball these days for tradition's sake... Also I like them a lot.

My username is based on a character from the manga/anime Magic Knight Rayearth (which also, in turn, had his name based on a car, as many of the characters in that anime used to). Had a GF at the time (WAAAAAAY back in the 90's) who also liked to call herself Hikaru (protagonist and love interest to Lantis). Ahhhh to be young and a weeb in the 90's.....

Of course once the Internet became a thing it became harder to nab the username since it usually gets taken by some other motherfucker (hence why I go by SRK_Lantis in PSN)

I thought I would like to share a recipe with those who take an interest in cooking, which is buttermilk fried shrimp. I wasn't that engaged with seafood, which I should have sooner, coming from New Orleans LA.

The ingredients are:

Shrimp
Onion Salt
Garlic salt
Seasoned Salt
Accent or Old Bay seasoning
Black Pepper 

Paprika
Cayenne Pepper (optional for those who like spicy)
Buttermilk 
All purpose flour
Cornmeal

Directions:

Season shrimp gracefully with seasoned salt, old bay or accent, and black pepper and mix the seasonings with all shrimps by hand. Dip them in buttermilk, (there's no need to worry if the shrimps are too salty depending on if you fall victim of heavy handedness, because the buttermilk will deplete some of the salt, and balance out the flavor). Next, proceed with mixing the all purpose flour with cormeal, onion salt, garlic salt, paprika cayenne pepper. Infuse all together and put the shrimp in it, so they can all be coated. 

Fry for 3 to 4 minutes.

Note: To me, this is the best shrimp I've ever had so far, which surpasses Bourbon Heat restaurant's shrimp. Though, my plan is to go back to school in the fall for culinary arts, as soon as if I'm qualified for financial aid. I wish to own a business in this field.

I would like to know your impressions should you try this recipe or if you have a different, or better approach to having good shrimp.

Edited by Emptyeyes
Memory problems

Got the COVID Pfizer shot number two yesterday. Me thinking that it wasn't gonna be too rough. 

Today

animation.gif

I took a sick day 🤣

In all seriousness, It reminds of that in-between state where you have beat the cold, but you're still in it. Compared to how I felt on wakeup (0530 because circadian rhythym), I feel much better now. Low grade fever (99.1) and a minor headache. Knees want to remind me I am almost 40 😂.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

That's good to hear, homie. Glad you got that vaccine!

I'm hoping that I get the J&J soon. The place I work was one of the first places to give it out, so I'm thinking they're buying a boatload to try and vaccinate faculty, staff, and students

I feel like managing expectations is the way to go. When I woke up, I felt everything from lifting the day before. Today was an easy day so I just take a 30 min walk in the AM just to keep active. That cold  hit me like a brick 🤣.

Once I got in, I tried to do a bodyweight routine and I wasn't up for it. Let my boss know today was a "nope" and have been stagnant in my man cave since. My wife has had 0 response from both shots (so far).

Edited by OPTIMUS124
12 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I think it's hilarious dude thinks he can attack me for liking stuff, then he proceeds to name a bunch of shit I never even heard off.
Like if you want to get to under someone's skin, get to know your target first, go actually find out there hidden likes and interests. 

Cisco here is just grasping at straws that aren't even there.

Like seriously I don't know what Black Pink is. 
Wait a sec, Looks them up on Youtube.

They this group pretty good, their songs slaps. 

Like if Cisco wanted to really try, there far better shit he could try to target me with. 
But I doubt he would be smart enough to find out. 

I bet Cisco listens to Barry Manilow, John Collins and Rick Astley

You taking him this seriously means he wins. Just saying.

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I took a sick day 🤣

I got mine yesterday too. I feel hazy and tired this morning, and my back is sore along with the injection site on my arm. But I'm not feeling fevery or anything. When did you start experiencing symptoms? I got my shot at 11 am yesterday and it's just after 8 am today where I'm at. Wondering if I'm gonna be ok to drive.

5 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I got mine yesterday too. I feel hazy and tired this morning, and my back is sore along with the injection site on my arm. But I'm not feeling fevery or anything. When did you start experiencing symptoms? I got my shot at 11 am yesterday and it's just after 8 am today where I'm at. Wondering if I'm gonna be ok to drive.

I got mine almost 24 hrs ago. I was fatigued a fair bit last night. Symptoms were there when I woke up. It's gradually subsiding now. 

32 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You taking him this seriously means he wins. Just saying.

Cisco doesn't even GIVE Cisco seriously.

How is anyone supposed to even take him thusly?

Spoiler

That's not poorly worded. That's a "thusly" joke embedded within a comment about Cisco, in order to lend it some measure of actual relevance.

Edited by JHDK
My phone likes to add "I" in the damnedest places.

that lazy chump teen from Baltimore also reminded me of the legendary Animal House bit...heard many times as a soundbyte on the Howard Stern Show... 

I won't soon forget this one, man... I've never seen a level of failure quite like that.  I knew people who failed a grade back in elementary school; 2 of my friends, actually... 1 dude failed twice if I recall... but I've never heard of someone being put back multiple grades like this....a restart on all of his high school years. 😆  He'll probably drop out, I'm betting... maybe attempt a GED later...but if he couldn't apply himself and at least half-ass TRY in high school, I doubt he could accomplish a GED either.  

One of those ugly truths in life, just like sports or any competitive event; some people are destined to be that bottom-rank loser...and there was likely nothing that could have been done to change the situation.

12 minutes ago, MillionX said:

that lazy chump teen from Baltimore also reminded me

I watched the video and the lady said they need to stop caring about the school board that they have no control over and start caring about the kids.

Except you do have control over the school board, that's a publicly elected position. 

Just now, KingTubb said:

I watched the video and the lady said they need to stop caring about the school board that they have no control over and start caring about the kids.

Except you do have control over the school board, that's a publicly elected position. 

You don't have any control if everyone else keeps voting for them.