Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

On 2/26/2021 at 3:58 PM, HD-Man said:

I'm taking a wait and see approach, way too early. I'm curious about the long term effects (if there are any). Now that's there's a 3rd vaccine, that complicates matters even more, which I don't think we get to pick which one we receive 

With all the shortages, I think I don't have much of a choice. 

After getting a stomach ulcer weeks ago, I think it's time to change from being an alcoholic. I need to take better care of myself. I rather die with less problems, than more serious ones. 

Also, it's time to bring sexy back by revoking all this weight gain by heavy yeast and medications, because I miss the attention I've gotten from both men and women. Being bisexual is great. 

3 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I don't think it's that simple, man. You don't just get to decide not to be an alcoholic. At least not in my experience.

I suppose you're right. Maybe I'm reckless. Even with going to substance abuse programs, relapsing to use again recently is annoying for me. I was told that I would have this disease until death, but I wish that wasn't true. 

Living a solitary life gets to me, moreso with isolating myself further in this pandemic. That's when the urge to use again surfaces for me. 

Ah, this café mocha is pretty good. 

Mainstream entertainment is predictive programming. The Powers program your Subconscious Mind with this programming via Mass Media so that you manifest the Reality that the Powers desire for themselves. Be careful what you feed your minds people.

Edited by Lord Vega
1 hour ago, Emptyeyes said:

After getting a stomach ulcer weeks ago, I think it's time to change from being an alcoholic. I need to take better care of myself. I rather die with less problems, than more serious ones. 

Also, it's time to bring sexy back by revoking all this weight gain by heavy yeast and medications, because I miss the attention I've gotten from both men and women. Being bisexual is great. 

OUCH.  Former drinker here, so hopefully I can help.  

the first part will be pretty hard.  That, quite simply, is to not touch another bottle.

after about a week or so, get ready for everything on earth and beyond to make you think about drinking.  If there is anything in your house that reminds you of it, you might want to either get rid of it or at the very least avoid it.  I say this because I used to play videogames and drink, so for a while I had to put the controller down for a while.  

I'm fairly certain you can't avoid going out in public, so guard yourself as best you can.  That first few months of going to the store was the worst.  I could freaking smell alcohol from a stupid distance like,"Oh hell. they dropped another vodka bottle over in isle 13."  Once I actually entered the store I was trying my best to NOT go over there and,"Offer my help in cleaning up".  

If you have any good friends around, get them to help if you can.  I was lucky to have a pair here who helped to keep me away from the bottle.  It was a little rough sometimes, but together we all pulled through.

This is a big one:  BEWARE OF IMPULSE!!!  

I hope it won't be true for you or anyone else, but this was a BIG problem for me.  impulse buying was a problem enough when I drank, but it somehow got WORSE when I stopped.  Remember when I said I had to push myself away from the booze isles?  Well, I went flying into the arms of the snack cakes.  For a while I was going steady with Little Debbie.  What I'm saying here is, be careful that you don't replace one problem with another one.  

One more important thing:  Please do find something else to focus on.  Most people choose exercise and it worked for me so I'll co-sign this.  

Damn.  An ulcer.  I didn't get that, but I've had my share of bending over the toilet to pray before the porcelain god.  A few times I wanted to just crawl in and kick the handle, but somehow I made it.  If you can stick it out, I believe you'll end up feeling a lot better in the long run.  Hope this helps.

Deadly_Raver, Impulse buying....I have that problem as well and I'll try to control myself.

Vomiting alot of blood, clear, and yellow back then, I can only keep minimal amounts of food in my stomach still. 

Sex and alcohol are what I've lived for, for a while. From therapy, I was told that it is a destructive path to side with and I'm starting to believe that. It was always hard for me to have purpose in life and loss what little interest I've had in things, which is the reason why I chose pleasure over not being able to connect with the norm. 

I'll try to connect and see some positivity in reality.

16 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

Deadly_Raver, Impulse buying....I have that problem as well and I'll try to control myself.

Vomiting alot of blood, clear, and yellow back then, I can only keep minimal amounts of food in my stomach still. 

Sex and alcohol are what I've lived for, for a while. From therapy, I was told that it is a destructive path to side with and I'm starting to believe that. It was always hard for me to have purpose in life and loss what little interest I've had in things, which is the reason why I chose pleasure over not being able to connect with the norm. 

I'll try to connect and see some positivity in reality.

Damn.  blood coming up.  been there once.  Here's hoping you get better and soon.  I'm sorry I don't have any kind of medical advice as all I did was dump the bottle and try to exercise and so far things have been good.  

You're in therapy?  Good.  Most people try to get all mad when it's suggested so you've already conquered a big enough hill.  I can't speak as a doctor, but I definitely didn't see any light at the end of the alcohol tunnel.  I've been clean for just over 8 years now and I can say that life without the hangovers and vomiting is far better than life was with it.  

Also:  I didn't mention it above and it's a big one.  Be careful with "friends" as well.  In my experience there are people who will help and there are quite a few of them, but there are always those who will try to screw you over, sometimes literally.  Good luck with changing things around.  If you ask me, it was worth it.  If nothing else, I finally have a good credit score and some money in the bank and all I had to do was ditch the bottle.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

You've come a long way, Dinobot...

The Kingdom figures are some really solid homages to the original characters. I will say what nothing beats the Masterpiece release at this point (although the price for "entry" is significantly higher). To be honest, the BW MP figures are consistently some of Takara's best work. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

From what I've seen, the BW MP look excellent. (I don't own any.)

My rationale for posting only  CHUG and G1/BW originals is  the item prices are generally in the $10-50 US ballpark and the expectations are more "fair"  bc they're all mainline retail.  The CHUG designers are still doing great work after 15 years.

Edited by DangerousJ
2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

From what I've seen, the BW MP look excellent. (I don't own any.)

My rationale for posting only  CHUG and G1/BW originals is  the item prices are generally in the $10-50 US ballpark and the expectations are more "fair"  bc they're all mainline retail.  The CHUG designers are still doing great work after 15 years.

Definitely agree. These are some of the best figures to date (especially coming off of the Prime Wars stuff). Hasbro/Takara finally listened. 

You know you're Indian when.....

when you live in a place that has a mostly white interior and all your pots and pans are silver and black

you've had tupperware or takeout containers longer than some of your closest friends

Your dad points out a girl on an online dating site who is 2x fatter or uglier than you, but points out that "she has a great job! 

when one of your parents says "When I die" as a means of guilt tripping you into doing something

Edited by DangerousJ
2 hours ago, Lantis said:

You can't put a price on your dignity, breh....

....I mean, you CAN, but TikTok is not the answer

It was a joke as I cringe when I think about it but I cannot lie in that I should be open to options in terms of platforms. Right now i'm merely focusing on building content for my channel and promoting said content. 

seriously though, right now, I'm trying to understand how to use Twitter to my advantage and it has been frustrating as it's a platform I hate. I feel Instagram might be better but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

It was a joke as I cringe when I think about it but I cannot lie in that I should be open to options in terms of platforms. Right now i'm merely focusing on building content for my channel and promoting said content. 

seriously though, right now, I'm trying to understand how to use Twitter to my advantage and it has been frustrating as it's a platform I hate. I feel Instagram might be better but we'll see.

IG is better for media based posts.

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

I would watch that movie if the plot didn't resolve around a wedding. It's hard to care when the title characters are sidelined in their own movie. 

To be fair, Tom and Jerry are kinda only built for short bursts. Extremely difficult to make a whole movie majority focused only on them. That act would wear thin quick, but that's probably why they shouldn't have made it a movie in the first place lol

Yea, the wedding thing is trash, I like the stuff with the Hispanic dude and his retarded boss tho

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

To be fair, Tom and Jerry are kinda only built for short bursts. Extremely difficult to make a whole movie majority focused only on them. That act would wear thin quick, but that's probably why they shouldn't have made it a movie in the first place lol

I still wind up seeing movies that I am interested in. That said Chris Stuckmann is often a litmus test for movie expectations. He rated it an F 🤣.

Seeing your take makes me feel he has a vendetta against it 😂

made the vid a while ago about the gender neutral potato but here

Yes the simple thumbnail and text was made to be clickbait with the assumption I was outraged by it.

edit - for those that glanced at my vid thanks for the support...edits are crude and simple but still trying to refine my editing skills between other things I do. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
18 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

In a bit of random news, Lady Jaye from GI Joe is gonna have her own show on Amazon. 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/g-i-joes-lady-jaye-is-getting-her-own-amazon-series-1846355550

How she a show over Scarlett?

Since Scarlett is a redhead, we all know the rules by now---when Hollywood brings her back for a major thing, more than likely they'll have to make her a black woman.  Redheaded white characters are no longer allowed in media.

hmm... I am surprised that the shitty new Thundercats they did most recently didn't change Lion-O into a black Thundercat with an locks instead of bushy red hair though... maybe they forgot the new rules there, I guess...or perhaps they thought Panthro already filled the quota anyway... 🤔

haha it would be funny if when the new Perfect Dark is out (*I vaguely recall they're going to reboot that?)... there is a Joanna Dark character who is suddenly a black woman 😆

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Fuck this weeb ass game and this finger fumbling combos. 

Probably the biggest problem I have with Skullgirls is that the combos last -forever- and the hitstop for individual hits is quite high.

Strangely this exact same problem (combos that are too long) doesn't bother me as much in DBFZ. Except against Super Broly.

10 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Twitter is one of those platforms that you really have to work at to get anything out of it unless you're famous. If you can follow the people who will be interested in what you post, and get them to follow you back, then you can really get a lot from it, but it usually comes slow. 

On 2/28/2021 at 2:45 AM, TheInfernoman said:

If YT doesn't work out for me...guess i'll sign up and shill myself on that darn tik tok the kids talk about. 

Youtube is doing "YouTube Shorts" to compete with TikTok, so you may try that

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/03/01/youtube-shorts-is-here-to-compete-with-tiktok-in-the-us/

Screenshot_2021-03-01-18-01-18-51.jpg

Edited by AriesWarlock
On 2/28/2021 at 1:45 AM, TheInfernoman said:

If YT doesn't work out for me...guess i'll sign up and shill myself on that darn tik tok the kids talk about. 

edit - video for Potato head is done but having PC issues so hope to have it up late night. 

Out of the loop. Are you planning to/currently creating content? If so, please stay off of TikTok. It's not good for you, and I heard on Facebook that exposure to TikTok gives you Covid. True story.

5 hours ago, Scanman said:

Probably the biggest problem I have with Skullgirls is that the combos last -forever- and the hitstop for individual hits is quite high.

Strangely this exact same problem (combos that are too long) doesn't bother me as much in DBFZ. Except against Super Broly.

Im running through the tutorial atm. On the one Hand I give props to anime fighters, their tutorials are very through. They go through the real fundamentals of fighting games. Unlike legacy titles like street fighter and tekken who basically tell you, your on your own. 

But as I'm progressing through its just it feels like they build these things specifically for stick users. Heavy emphasis on the use of all the buttons lol. The combo took me like a good 15 min to get because the air juggle cancel at the end was just like wtf to my fingers on a pad. 

ohhhh the dirt behind the scenes at CW must be so juicy... so they actually took the time to cut Ruby out of a certain shot in the repeat of the crossover... 

Maybe it's due to legal/contract reasons... but it's much more amusing if the situation is just that the powers that be at the network are just that damn petty....that they would actually take the time and effort to do that. 🤣

I’ve been glued to the TV playing bravely default II since Friday so I decided to take a break from it and do something’s. 

Started some laundry, caught up on some shows, finished some shows, and most importantly of all: Some C-C-C-Cookie Baking! 

C6AB0B10-BD34-453C-A32B-15BF2FC8F05B.thumb.jpeg.a24eebb370fb26a348caf4c5ba967ddf.jpeg

90D326CF-E5A8-4C7B-A99F-29607F2A0BE3.thumb.jpeg.ff6d84b107ff00443eab82ed7295f586.jpeg

the first picture is some basic ass chocolate chip and walnut cookies. An old classic. 

the second picture is lemon cookies. I’ve never made lemon cookies before so I was super nervous about making them the entire time. I just pulled them out of the oven a few moments ago so I haven’t had a chance to try them. But my entire kitchen and dining room has the aroma of citrus. So I’m excited to try them. 

(if you’re wondering what the white stuff is on top of the lemon cookies; it’s powdered sugar. I rolled every cookie dough ball in it to counter balance the intensity of the lemon) 

Edited by iStu X