Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

12 minutes ago, Skort said:

It will be on PC though.

Yeah, if game on PC unless you are refusing to buy anything not attached to steam (and I think MS is on there as well) you have nothing to worry about.

If you are a console lifer attached to only either Sony or Nintendo then condolences but you know there is the cloud gaming with Game Pass.

The only problem with exclusives currently is in how M$ is handling it versus the other 2 of the big 3.  The norm has always been building your portfolio and working with 3rd and 2nd parties to give a reason for people to buy your console.  M$ is saying 'screw the rules, I have money' and just buying their portfolio instead of building it.   I can completely understand people being annoyed by this unlike the Bayonetta situation.

16 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

The only problem with exclusives currently is in how M$ is handling it versus the other 2 of the big 3.  The norm has always been building your portfolio and working with 3rd and 2nd parties to give a reason for people to buy your console.  M$ is saying 'screw the rules, I have money' and just buying their portfolio instead of building it.   I can completely understand people being annoyed by this unlike the Bayonetta situation.

Precisely and exactly this.

MS is basically channeling Batman channeling Frankenstein, with their bankrolling "their" games.

There is no cohesion, no identity.

Instead it's a huge Mugen cluster fuck of high priority moves being spammed at the wall.

Edited by JHDK
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I know man, Bethesda fucking suc....oh wait you meant MS?

Actually I mean Beth, anytime a big time company buys a smaller one its death for that company.
We usually see it with EA buying then shutting down studios, MS does a similar thing. 

Yeah Rare still around, but in name only. I see Bethesda, as well as the other MS acquisitions doing the same. 

52 minutes ago, Skort said:

Maybe healthy for the industry but i don't see how it can be for the user base when all it does it splits it apart.

It really does split everyone apart.  I think exclusives are kinda pointless anymore myself.

But Xbox and PS exclusives are coming to PC.  The playstation lovers in here wont even acknowledge that.  I understand, it makes their PS4/PS5 purchase seem less somehow I imagine.  Of course it takes like a year or two for PS exclusives to end up on PC.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
Just now, Faltimar the Dark said:

The playstation lovers in here wont even acknowledge that.

Oh we acknowledge it. We also acknowledge that games like Horizon run like dog shit on PC. Hence why no one talks about it. Its not good. 

But do go ahead spinning tales in your head about how other people feel about their purchases.

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, Skort said:

It's 2021 , exclusives shouldn't even exist anymore.  

It's like the 80's console wars all over again.  

Pure bullshit. Just port it to all platforms let people enjoy the games and buy on the platform they see fit.

Like i said before.

Getting mad at exclusives is dumb as hell.

Is like getting mad that the accessories made for a Ducatti don't match a Harley.

Console manufacturers like Nintendo and Sony create studios and invest money on creating games for their products.

There is nothing wrong with that, and anyone getting mad about it is being a moron.

But i can totally understand people getting annoyed at MS buying studios to bolster their pathetic lineup of exclusives instead of actually doing the work like the other companies.

For me most of the Bethesda catalog is worthless trash (with the exception of few games), but i know a lot of people are fans of fallout for example and having the prospect of the series becoming a lolbox exclusive can be seem as bullshit.

Edited by Hecatom
17 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Actually I mean Beth, anytime a big time company buys a smaller one its death for that company.
We usually see it with EA buying then shutting down studios, MS does a similar thing. 

Yeah Rare still around, but in name only. I see Bethesda, as well as the other MS acquisitions doing the same. 

Well, MS has done some EA/Activision shit in the past where they close studios they buy because "restructuring" after their own management fuck ups.

I can see some studios becoming a shadow of themselves in the upcoming years.

Since the corporate mindset of buy instead of create usually breeds stagnation.

11 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I think exclusives are kinda pointless anymore myself.

Executives is how the field stays comparative, it keeps Sony, MS and Nintendo on their toes. 
You need a mix of exclusives and multiplat. 

You think it sucks that consumers have to by multiple systems or pick and choose.
I see it as how the market stays healthy. 

If you only got one console maker in town, they stop innovating, they get lazy (cough Intel cough).
You get companies that abuse the shit out of their customer base as they feel they can get away with it (Apple and to a lesser extent MS). 

Competition forces the industry to change up things, sometimes for the worst sometimes for the better. 

If MS was the only game in town and Sony dropped consoles with the PS3/4, we get nothing but Online multiplayers with Pay walls behind paywalls.
Competition keeps that from happening.  Competition is what allows theses 3 giants to get embarrassed when they get behind and shape up. 

Sony didn't think MS was serious and they had the PS3 lost to the crummy Xbox 360. 
MS thought they were King of the Hill and Sony Beat them with the PS4 and Nintendo beat them with a weaker console the Switch. 

Now with this get it can be anyone taking the lead. Thing is who going to get a big head and fuck up first/worst. 

9 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Since the corporate mindset of buy instead of create usually breeds stagnation.

Far as I see it, Microsoft aren't creative types. They are good at coding, they are good as offering coding support, they suck at actually making games. They always did.

They already sucked the life from Rare, I don't know whats going on with Mojang Studios (Minecraft), they screwed the landing with Halo. 
So they acquire Obsidian and Zenimax/Bethesda, hopefully MS offers their expertise at programing and nothing else. 
But Obsidian almost self-destructed from internal politics once  (and Beth watched and roasted marshmallows on that fire) 

Edited by DarkSakul

This game looks so fun. Epic air battles at a fast speed is what I want from a dragon game.

Century: Age of Ashes, the multiplayer dragon battle game is now available for free! Customize your dragon, dive into the arena and compete to become a legendary Dragoneer. Burn your enemies and rule the skies!

Intense Arena Battles

Compete in intense online games and discover the fast-paced gameplay of Century : Age of Ashes! Dive into the arena alone or with friends and fight for your survival! Three varied game modes ranging from 3v3 to 6v6v6 await you: Carnage, Survival and Raid.

Carnage: A six-versus-six killing spree with special power ups appearing in the arena to unleash hell on your opponents. It’s Team Deathmatch, Dragon riders style!

Survival: A Last Team Standing mode where up to 18 players divide into three teams (six-versus-six-versus-six). Respawn is limited and can only be done through ally rescue!

Raid: A unique mode in which two teams clash over possession of the flag. Gain points by flying through special gates around the arena while holding the flag!

Choose Your Class

Experience different play styles with three unique classes, each with their own abilities! Shield and disorient as the Windguard, track and destroy as the Marauder, or stealth and trap as the Phantom. How will you choose your path to victory? Additional classes are planned throughout development.

Full Customization

Your dragon, your style! Century: Age of Ashes offers carefully designed cosmetic items to stand out in the arena. Gain experience as you play and unlock awesome skins to customize your dragon and its rider! Don’t worry, these items are purely cosmetic and offer no advantage in battle.

Free-to-Play

Century: Age of Ashes is completely free-to-play. In order to keep the experience fair and equitable, in-game purchases are purely cosmetic. Battles are won by skill and teamwork alone.

5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I'm gonna laugh if the next DOOM game ends up running better on PS5

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say nah, Bethsoft games are PC/XBox going forward. Stuff like Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, and Deathloop will be supported through their respective roadmaps.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
boob

My biggest issue with M$ going super market sweep on developers and publishers is they’ve done nothing with everything they’ve acquired. I get some of them are still fresh acquisitions like Bethesda. However they’ve bought a crazy amount of developers and publishers over the years and have done next to nothing with them. 

I mean for fucks sake they had fucking RARE spend the entire 360 era making shovel ware for the Kinect and Xbox live avatar items. FUCKING RARE! 

During the Xbone era they got to make what? 2 games? Battletoads and Sea of Thieves. Both of which are the definition of “meh” at best. 

Can’t wait until DoubleFine and Bethesda team up to redesign the Series X’s UI. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I’m convinced the people that run Twitch wake up and go ‘How can we make this worse?’.

following the biggest business stream on twitch Devin Nash, he's explained many times why Twitch will slowly fall as YouTube catches up and uproots them as the biggest one stop shop for all video content long form, short form and streaming. Twitch higher ups can't be bothered to improve the site and the streamer base continues to be a "feast or famine" site. I won't give up myself yet but I multistream and that at last gives me more diversity and improved chances of discoverability. 

40 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

At first I was like 'ah man this gonna be garbage...'  then they said the SoR4 devs were attached and now they have my attention

What made you think it was going to be garbage? It’s made by the same people who made Panzer Paladin. Which is an amazing game 

Edited by iStu X