Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Finished Shantae and the Seven Sirens this morning.  Pretty damn fun game.  Not too hard or anything but it was just an enjoyable game.  I finished in 7:48 or something like that with 68% complete.  I wish after finishing it you could go back into the world and they gave you some kind of item that shows where the missing stuff is.  But all it has is a new game plus mode which I doubt I'll go back and do.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I know to know who the woman with the cornrows is.

I’m going to assume that she will be an important figure for whatever arc 14 and 15 is planning since she’s paired up with Heidern (important in Rugal Arc), K’ (main character in the Nests Arc), and Ash (main character and threat in his own arc). Just an assumption and can’t say for certainty. Her design looks great though.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Had never even heard of Pacman 99 until last night when my buddy brought it to a friends house and we played it for a bit.

Game is fun as shit.  Just grabbed it for myself on switch and it's free.

It is really fun. I downloaded it when it first came out but I havent played it in awhile. Had a good time with it though and it's pretty easy to pick up. 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It is really fun. I downloaded it when it first came out but I havent played it in awhile. Had a good time with it though and it's pretty easy to pick up. 

The hardest part is controlling the damn thing with the analogs or the direction buttons. The dpad didn't feel the best either.  I have died multiple times just because I missed a correct direction.  Sure it's user error but it's just because the controls are kind of tough.  With I could use a real joystick for it.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

The hardest part is controlling the damn thing with the analogs or the direction buttons. The dpad didn't feel the best either.  I have died multiple times just because I missed a correct direction.  Sure it's user error but it's just because the controls are kind of tough.  With I could use a real joystick for it.

I started out using the dpad but switched to the sticks instead because there's some move that allows you to bypass ghosts when coming around a corner if you time it right. I found that easier to do with the stick because I'd just ride the diagonals as I approached the corners. 

This was an interesting and funny watch.

Kinda surprised to hear Piston Hondo pirates manga. Also, what happened to Aaron Ryan between SNES Super Punch Out!! and Wii Punch-Out!!?? Dude seemed perfectly sane in the SNES title but went full on nutso in the Wii version.

yeah that latest trailer for Wukong is RIDICULOUS.  That one is a day 1 purchase for me easily.

just when I figured the Dead Cells addiction had finally subsided for a while...now I'm finding about even MORE new interesting shit they added to the game; "aspects"... Doc has a vid he just posted on this:

Been playing Black Mesa (  Half Life 1 remake ) and to be honest it's really impressive how far they managed to push the Source engine. The game is visually impressive given the fact that Source is quite dated compared to other engines by this time.  

I think it took them ~8 years to remake this but i just reached Xen and it does the original justice and then some. 

1.jpg  Teleport room 

3.jpg  Surface Tension 

2.jpg  Xen  

4.jpg Xen 

37 minutes ago, Skort said:

Been playing Black Mesa (  Half Life 1 remake ) and to be honest it's really impressive how far they managed to push the Source engine. The game is visually impressive given the fact that Source is quite dated compared to other engines by this time.  

I think it took them ~8 years to remake this but i just reached Xen and it does the original justice and then some. 

1.jpg  Teleport room 

3.jpg  Surface Tension 

2.jpg  Xen  

4.jpg Xen 

While what they did is impressive, I'm not as impressed by Source as many other people considering its a modified Quake Engine (with a bit of Quake II thrown in), and said modified Quake Engine is still the basement level code in every Call of Duty Game. GldSrc is the source of Source Engine, but the sauce on GldSrc is Quake. It all goes back to the living walking talking Large Hadron Collider known as John Carmack and Quake 1.

Quake is an impressive engine. Source is an impressive mod of that engine.

Edited by RSG3