Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nintendo footed the bill for development. Was the game even going to be a thing with the Switch? I didn't here anything about until it was announced for Switch.

I would bet that like Bayonetta 2 it was in development, got cancelled by who knows what idiot executive but was far enough in development someone started shopping it around until Nintendo heard and put up the cash. Whether it was always in development with Koei Tecmo or not is a good question. I can see someone originally trying to get them to make a straight Marvel Musou but with the move to the Switch plus the cost they went for a known isometric focus or someone on the staff really digging the Ultimate Alliance games from the past which might be why Nintendo wound up picking it up since I doubt too many publishers with pockets wanted to see if that sort of gameplay works outside of looter fantasy games.

6 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Bought Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and it arrived today. $43 instead of $60 ain't too shabby. Now I just need to find a physical copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at a reasonable price. $99 is a bit much.

Unfortunately you picked a bad time. Pyra and Mythra being in Smash have spiked the sell prices of that game.

1 minute ago, RegH81 said:

In the words of Mighty Keef, "Boy that's just crazyyyy." 

Man, my timing couldn't be any worse. I really want XBC2 physical but the prices are stupid right now. And I don't feel like taking up 13+ gigs of space on my SD card for a game when physical copies are in the wild. 

Hey man, your best bet would be trying to get lucky at brick and mortar store. If SD Card space is your concern. I'm supposed to be getting my 512GB SD card tomorrow. You can have my 400GB SD card if it'll help you out.

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey man, your best bet would be trying to get lucky at brick and mortar store. If SD Card space is your concern. I'm supposed to be getting my 512GB SD card tomorrow. You can have my 400GB SD card if it'll help you out.

Appreciate the offer but I'm good. Digital is a last resort for me but if push comes to shove, I'll go that route.

ESO-- I did some main quest material today...I haven't touched the main story since the game was new, so of course I forgot what was even going on.  I'm really just on it for the extra stat points and exp.

sheeeittt, my vamp "stage" dropped to 3 finally, so I should be able to freely speak with various npcs now....it takes a long time for the level to decrease, btw... like 4 hours. 😆  Vampirism "level" finally progressed to 2. (*General character level is 18 now)

*It's really damn annoying that the activity feed thing is broken, with apparently no hope of MS ever bothering to fixing it.  Yeah, I've given up on it at this point.  Remember those days when posting a cool clip was a thing that worked?  ha, those were some good times.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, RegH81 said:

In the words of Mighty Keef, "Boy that's just crazyyyy." 

Man, my timing couldn't be any worse. I really want XBC2 physical but the prices are stupid right now. And I don't feel like taking up 13+ gigs of space on my SD card for a game when physical copies are in the wild. 

I had to do a quick look around and I did not know that Ninty seems to have d-listed the physical edition of XBC2.   GS, Best Buy, Target and Amazon don't have new copies of the game. That's disappointing.  Guessing sales of the game started to dwindle out so they just stopped printing it...maybe they'll take advantage of the hype themselves and put out some new copies.

Also the did a showcase for SS4 Gogeta yesterday

This man can get dragonballs for free and has a level up mechanic like gohan that just effects his supers for no bar.  If he reaches Level 7 then he gets access to a 'delete' button for 3 bars.  He also has a double air dash without the need for install.

It's already been found that he has a combo that allows him to collect all the dragon balls and there's a combo that gets him to level 7.

22 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Appreciate the offer but I'm good. Digital is a last resort for me but if push comes to shove, I'll go that route.

FYI, my 512GB card did show up. Nothing is wrong with the 400GB model and I didn't even need the space. I just heard that A2 class cards improve loads time. So I figured I'd snag one since SD cards have gotten so cheap. 

Outriders---I tried out the Pyromancer as my 2nd character; eh, it was ok.  I was having more fun as the Trickster....with that character I felt like I was more in control of the situation... like the enemies really had no chance once I had that teleport as my 3rd power....it's borderline cheap--I can teleport behind them, gaining shields in the process, and put up a bubble of slowed time, or slice them with the time distortion "blade" attack, and/or blast them with my shotgun, etc. etc.  

The Pyro's "thermal bomb" power was pretty fun though... immobilizing the enemy it hits for a moment and turning them into a bomb for serious splash damage if they die while under the effects of that power.  Devastator will be my next one.

Gothic action RPG Black Witchcraft launches in April for PC

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions also planned.

About

The last witch hunters, the House of Usher, were doomed to fall. In the house, “Lenore,” the powerful witch had been sealed away, never to be released again.

Roderick Usher, the last head of the family, went insane as he succumbed to the power of Lenore. He had no mercy for anyone, or anything, that stood in his path, even his little sister Madeline Usher. Just as she was about to meet her demise, she was led by the Raven who wanted to help stop Roderick’s madness. Madeline was led to the Great Witch Ligeia, the legendary witch who possessed the power of Black Witchcraft.

Become Ligeia and embark on an epic journey. The witch of legend has awoken from a long slumber and is now ready to slaughter her enemies with the suitcase of demonic power, Dullahan.

You are the only one who can infiltrate the cursed Haunted House, guarded by the demons Roderick has summoned. You must put an end to Roderick Usher’s madness in order to prevent Lenore from being resurrected.

Key Features

• Level up by destroying the demons to obtain essences to craft potions that can help you in battle. Distribute Stat Points acquired from Leveling-up to enhance Ligeia’s various stats.
  • Get trait points to learn new magic skills. You can improve Ligeia’s traits by acquiring the Ancient Wood Witches’ Growing Magic Circle, the Big Dipper and Raven Constellations’ Magic Circle. Also, by defeating the demons.
  • Gigantic, grotesque demons stand in your way. Learn their skills, dodge their destructive attacks, defeat them, and subdue their power.
  • Collect “Stigma,” a special ability of the ancient witches. By combining 30 enhanced skills in three slots, you can refine a variety of combat styles to suit your own play style.
  • 200 stages created by Annabel Lee, nine gigantic bosses, and 100 hidden stages all await you!

Mystery

• Various characters surround the secrets of the House of Usher and Black Witchcraft. Save them from danger and unravel the mystery of the Haunted House by conversing with them.
  • Ancient mystical witch rituals to resurrect the souls of the dead into corpses.
  • Witch hunter’s pendulum to defeat the intruders.
  • Pluto, the black cat howling behind the walls.
  • A doppelganger named William Wilson.
  • The ball of the dead, where the red masks await.
  • Hopfrog the dwarf, and the tar monsters.
  • The Raven of Nevermore.
  • This bizarre and eerie Haunted House is based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe, and have been hand-drawn in a high-resolution lively 2D style.

Gothic Visuals Will Draw You into this Unique World

Classic side-scroller action RPG gameplay. Dullahan, a special weapon that transforms into a variety of weapons. Beautiful, hand-drawn, high-resolution 2D characters.

Black Witchcraft is for those who love the twisted, gothic world of Edgar Allan Poe, and those who desire to unravel the mysteries of the Haunted House.

https://quattrogear.wixsite.com/blackwitchcraft

It's like a 2D Bullet Witch if it was made by Vanillaware 🤔

34 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Monster Hunter direct that aired this morning 

If your hunter is really gonna do one liners like they do in the trailers, I'm changing it to Monster Hunter Language or turning the voices off if I can. 

Playing a couple hundred hours of a game with your hunter yelling "Get ready for this" or "Here comes the pain" in anime VA voice will put me in an asylum. 

Edited by KingTubb

Well, I finished the first run through of the remake Kingdoms of Amalur....well, my first go at it since the original release.  That final battle is some great stuff... I forgot that it can actually get tough in that final area and battle; heh, my character got killed 3 times before I finally beat that.  I also happened to be playing on "Hard" difficulty as well... in defeating the final boss I went up from level 29 to 30... still not enough points yet for that top rank sorcery destiny... I think it's 109 points needed for that if I recall (edit--so 18 points away; 6 more levels then)... I'm at 91 points in the Sorcery skill-tree now.  Sheeeittt, the final moments of that grand final battle, man... delicious.  I did have 1 "fate potion" on me at the time, and I definitely needed it.   I love how at the very end when you are killing *Final Boss* it's saying something like "...impossible...IMPOSSIBLE!"  Haha, yes, quite right... for .. Zuul IS the Impossible...

*and with the final blow, the world was saved by an unlikely hero, known only to some as "Zuul"...

The playtime up to this point was about 56 hours!  Of course, this is one of my favorite games of all time, so naturally I was also taking my time in some areas.

It's possible to continue after the final boss, actually, so I still have other adventures to embark on!  ha, and this is just 1 of my characters.. ("Zuul")  Just as I was thinking back on the original release of this game after finishing it the first time... it's like this is everything the Fable games should've been.

Edited by MillionX

Got a 125gb micro sd card for my Vita.  I wanted 250gb+ but them shits...I wasn't down with paying more money and 15 bucks sounded good so that's what I got.  Getting it hacked and moving everything to the micro sd card in the sd2vita was pretty simple.  Now I have to get all the plugins back on there and put some emulators and shit on it.  Homebrew too.

spacer.png

Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries is such a fun high-score attack.  I'm rediscovering it on the PS4 rerelease.  I completely forgot that it runs at a constant 60 fps, and there's a Mercenaries "No Mercy" mode that takes advantage of the better hardware and floods the map with enemies (like the new modes on the Devil May Cry rereleases). 

For "No Mercy", they made tweaks that made it more fun and made useless characters way more usable or even top tier.  They kept all the fun broken stuff like weapon switch cancelling and the coup-de-grace grenade trick.  There's now ammo drops for the heavy weapons (magnum, grenade launchers, Helena's Hydra shotgun, not sure for the rocket launcher).  The mob enemies are just slightly weaker so that the characters with the weak stun-melees and counters that didn't kill previously now do (or more consistently at least).  These changes made Ada go from weak and unfun to amazing.  Helena's Hydra is still wack, but the fact you can spam it more is fun.  If course, since there's double or triple the enemies onscreen, there's way more ammo drops and less dead time to keep the combo going like

spacer.png

Damn I was real late to this party.

Edited by Saikyotic
6 hours ago, MillionX said:

Well, I finished the first run through of the remake Kingdoms of Amalur....well, my first go at it since the original release.  That final battle is some great stuff... I forgot that it can actually get tough in that final area and battle; heh, my character got killed 3 times before I finally beat that.  I also happened to be playing on "Hard" difficulty as well... in defeating the final boss I went up from level 29 to 30... still not enough points yet for that top rank sorcery destiny... I think it's 109 points needed for that if I recall (edit--so 18 points away; 6 more levels then)... I'm at 91 points in the Sorcery skill-tree now.  Sheeeittt, the final moments of that grand final battle, man... delicious.  I did have 1 "fate potion" on me at the time, and I definitely needed it.   I love how at the very end when you are killing *Final Boss* it's saying something like "...impossible...IMPOSSIBLE!"  Haha, yes, quite right... for .. Zuul IS the Impossible...

*and with the final blow, the world was saved by an unlikely hero, known only to some as "Zuul"...

The playtime up to this point was about 56 hours!  Of course, this is one of my favorite games of all time, so naturally I was also taking my time in some areas.

It's possible to continue after the final boss, actually, so I still have other adventures to embark on!  ha, and this is just 1 of my characters.. ("Zuul")  Just as I was thinking back on the original release of this game after finishing it the first time... it's like this is everything the Fable games should've been.

Is this on the Switch?

How does it play?

I was thinking about getting this,since it looks a lot like Skyrim meets Diablo meets typical R. A. Salvatore comic book tier fluff. Which is to say a potentially awesome combo.

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

I just unlocked an ability in Bravely Default II that kills every enemy below a certain level on turn 0. 

Thunder Force GIF by NETFLIX

So it is basically "avoid weak monsters" without actually avoiding weak monsters?

Is there a benefit to it?

Like, is it an items farming tool?

5 minutes ago, JHDK said:

So it is basically "avoid weak monsters" without actually avoiding weak monsters?

Is there a benefit to it?

Like, is it an items farming tool?

it can be. You can chain encounters in Bravely Default II. The more encounters in the same battle you get the better/more money/xp/job points oh get 

9 hours ago, JHDK said:

Is this on the Switch?

How does it play?

I was thinking about getting this,since it looks a lot like Skyrim meets Diablo meets typical R. A. Salvatore comic book tier fluff. Which is to say a potentially awesome combo.

Yeah I'd recommend it to anyone that likes action-oriented RPG stuff.... typical RPG fantasy world, but with action based combat that's actually entertaining and fun to play.  The basic presentation is like Fable (3rd person perspective action game), but soooo much better on just about every other point of comparison, imo.  Leveling up actually grants points like a proper rpg, so there's 3 skill-trees, other attributes to put points in like "dispelling" or blacksmithing, "detect hidden", persuasion, lockpicking (*lockpicking is a waste though, haha; because the minigame for it is easy), etc....then there's "destinies" to pick from, which are basically your character class; the usual archetypes of Sorcery, Might, Finesse (aka sorcerer/warrior/rogue assassin) ....with various hybrid possibilities of those classic 3 types.  This is also the only rpg where I've truly enjoyed playing every possible character class type there is.  My favorite was the pure sorcery and the Sorcery/Finesse hybrid.

Only negatives I would point out:

• 1 potential game-breaker that happens in the latter half; if you know what to look for, it's avoidable though. (*there's red crystal chantries surrounded by "Tuatha" enemies.  Don't break those before the main quest tells you to.  I doubt this was ever fixed.)
  • I wish there was a "transmog" system like in Diablo 3 to help customization.  Since clothing/armor has stats like anything else, it kills that aspect of customization... if you want to wear the best gear, then your character ultimately ends up in the same style outfits every time (mastercrafted "prismere" stuff), since it's superior to other clothing/armor....wearing anything else would be the player willingly handicapping their stats for the sake of style, which is a shame, imo.

EDIT--yeah, it's currently on xb1 and ps4... but also coming to Switch next week, actually.  I love this game so much I'm getting it yet again on Switch as well.  A portable Kingdoms of Amalur is the dream. 🤩

Edited by MillionX

Donno if this was posted before but seeing another Hot Wheels game being made warms my heart a bit.  Having played a lot of games from the franchise, including Bash Arena, World Race, Velocity X etc i am very excited about the upcoming game.

PS : IT BETTER HAVE MY FAV CAR IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE THOUGH !!!!  

The Maelstrom !

https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Maelstrom

Maelstrom-n.jpg

Edited by Skort