Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

peepee is almost certainly Pedo.  Hotpotato might be Mayhem.

I'm actually 9/10 sure peepeepoopoo is Mayhem. Nobody calls people phaggoats and homos with the frequency he does and he's done that a bunch. I just caught up in the thread. All 300+ posts. Jesus, I could have been practicing Tetris stuff and there I was reading all that bullshit. There's a part of me that loves arguing politics, but looking back on all the time I've spent doing it, I feel about as good about the use of that time as I do the time I spent learning SF4 ☹️🔫

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Mega Shock turning out to be Mega Weird.

We need everybody here to get the hairy palms and blindness talk.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, DoctaMario said:

There's a part of me that loves arguing politics, but looking back on all the time I've spent doing it, I feel about as good about the use of that time as I do the time I spent learning SF4 ☹️🔫

You were doing good up until this part.

Trading Card Memories:

I wasnt  big into trading cards, so I looked at Odin's post and I don't remember those.

I used to see ads for the Marvel Universe sets in the early 90s comics. I believe MU Series 3 with the dark black/outer space backgrounds and I thought they looked cool.  

I somehow bought a box Marvel  Universe series 4 for cheap and was able to complete the full regular set , though none of the special cards.

What I liked about those was that every 9 cards were arranged in terms of one team or group of associated characters - Spiderman, X-men , Avengers, Horror etc and formed one big image. It was straightforward and had no gloss or effects though.

There was a full Mark Bagley Spider-man set that was advertised and that had some cool artwork. Jim Lee had a full set but apparently that was before I got into comics or maybe they werent available in my area.

Overall, the one I thought looked the best was 1994 Fleer Ultra X-men. They were glossy and had gold foil font for the character name. 

The front had a painted image and the back had a wireframe with the mutant power and a brief descriptive blurb.

I had only a few of these but loved them

https://www.therealgentlemenofleisure.com/2018/03/unstacking-deck-fleer-ultra-x-men.html#more

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm actually 9/10 sure peepeepoopoo is Mayhem. Nobody calls people phaggoats and homos with the frequency he does and he's done that a bunch. I just caught up in the thread. All 300+ posts. Jesus, I could have been practicing Tetris stuff and there I was reading all that bullshit. There's a part of me that loves arguing politics, but looking back on all the time I've spent doing it, I feel about as good about the use of that time as I do the time I spent learning SF4 ☹️🔫

This is why i stopped arguing and post quips and shity images

Testing the freedom of srk. Shit got so fucking dumb. Done with it.

So how is your poop wiping skills getting 

The worst is when poop squeezes up the diaper and ends up all over her back  and on her clothes 

Megadads and megrandad hope your weekends going well

You no children having middle aged men. Hope you change out flesh lights every 6 months

Edited by DrLariat
30 minutes ago, misterBee said:

You were doing good up until this part.

Lemme guess, you were/are an SF4 player? 

23 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

This is why i stopped arguing and post quips and shity images

Testing the freedom of srk. Shit got so fucking dumb. Done with it.

So how is your poop wiping skills getting 

The worst is when poop squeezes up the diaper and ends up all over her back  and on her clothes 

Megadads and megrandad hope your weekends going well

You no children having middle aged men. Hope you change out flesh lights every 6 months

I'm on my honeymoon right now so I ain't wiping shit 😂 Little dude is good tho, almost 16 months, walking, making lots of sounds, and is starting to look like he's into technical stuff, figuring out how wheels work, opening and closing doors and drawers, etc. He can actually pay a lot of attention when a movie or song he likes is on. How's your lil bit?

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Trading Card Memories:

I wasnt  big into trading cards, so I looked at Odin's post and I don't remember those.

I used to see ads for the Marvel Universe sets in the early 90s comics. I believe MU Series 3 with the dark black/outer space backgrounds and I thought they looked cool.  

I somehow bought a box Marvel  Universe series 4 for cheap and was able to complete the full regular set , though none of the special cards.

What I liked about those was that every 9 cards were arranged in terms of one team or group of associated characters - Spiderman, X-men , Avengers, Horror etc and formed one big image. It was straightforward and had no gloss or effects though.

There was a full Mark Bagley Spider-man set that was advertised and that had some cool artwork. Jim Lee had a full set but apparently that was before I got into comics or maybe they werent available in my area.

Overall, the one I thought looked the best was 1994 Fleer Ultra X-men. They were glossy and had gold foil font for the character name. 

The front had a painted image and the back had a wireframe with the mutant power and a brief descriptive blurb.

I had only a few of these but loved them

https://www.therealgentlemenofleisure.com/2018/03/unstacking-deck-fleer-ultra-x-men.html#more

Those Fleer Ultra's are sweet, only thing I have a personal issue with is when the art is draw in different styles. 

The biggest culprit for this was Marvel Masterpieces 2007.

Usually Masterpieces are fancy artwork done by 1 or 2 people.

Like the very first one done by Joe Jusko in 1992, which I think most of this forum remembers.

81tRpAio3GL._AC_SY879_.jpg

My favorite MP set, 1994 done by the Hildebrandt brothers.

838c2-s-l1600-4.jpg

Or the super rare and expensive 1996 set done by Vallejo and Bell, where every card look likes a goddamn art piece

96mm-1-jpg.159095

Fast forward to 2007, I hear news a new MP set is coming out.. I go and buy a box.

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING SHIT

Some actual classical art style and other plain jane comic art. I felt robbed.

That Abomination is an actual abomination. 

But look how sweet the Baron Zemo looks.

91mMWcmLGcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

But Marvel Metal... That's just the hypest 90s shit lol

df9e2c6c188f25342fdaa7c96cd9e98d.jpg

Edited by odin
32 minutes ago, odin said:

Fast forward to 2007, I hear news a new MP set is coming out.. I go and buy a box.

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING SHIT

Some actual classical art style and other plain jane comic art. I felt robbed.

That Abomination is an actual abomination.  Oh 

But look how sweet the Baron Zemo looks.

the art for this set was also used for the TCG Marvel Vs. System. 

that game was so fun but man it had a steep learning curve. The game was going strong as hell until upperdeck fucked up so hard DC pulled out of the game and Marvel soon followed suit

Decided to go on a meat cleanse by eating vegetarian for a week. Started Monday. After 5 days I noticed these changes

.Stomach aches and cramps went away

.It's a lot easier to shit, and it smells less

Don't feel bloated and tired after a meal

By the Friday I noticed a boost in energy. I got up at 3:30am to commute to work. Arrived by 5:30am. Was asked to work OT so worked from 6am to 5:30pm. And still had the energy to drive home from Birmingham to Atlanta without needing to rest before hand. Getting home by 9:15pm. 

I dont know if ill go full vegetarian. But I'm definitely limiting how much meat I eat from now on. Wish I had done this sooner.

16 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

They also got Konami to pull Yu-Gi-Oh from them

Well, the Vs. system license I feel was genuinely an honest mistake. They printed a series of cards with artwork from an on-going major DC story and the said art works spoiled the ending of the story when you put them all together and read the flavor text. 

I think it was more DC’s fault than Upper Decks because they didn’t do a quality check or didn’t review the set well enough since the game was printing money at the time. But there’s no way DC would ever admit fault. So they told Upper Deck to get fucked. 

With Upper Deck losing YGO they 1000% deserved it. They were undercutting Konami by a huge amount by making YGO cards off the book and selling them for straight profit. They were essentially selling bootlegs of an IP they had distribution rights for. 

Edited by iStu X

Work story:

I used to work for a printing company that specialized in making baseball and football cards that had pieces of jerseys on the card. After being printed and the sheets cut down to six uncut cards, they were assembled by hand. I helped assemble them for OT on Saturdays in a room with half a dozen cameras. All jersey pieces were counted, assembled and glued. The team leader told me about some of the other procedures involved, including what is considered a "worn" jersey (basically the player put on a jersey, wore it for 10 seconds, then took it off to be cut up for cards as a legitimate "worn" jersey) and any unused card materials must be destroyed after production.

One day, I was storing print samples and came across three pallets of unfinished WWE cards and a few uncut pokemon card sheets in an abandoned work space. I always thought it was funny so many unused cards were just collecting dust.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Could be worse...what character did you play?

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Decided to go on a meat cleanse by eating vegetarian for a week. Started Monday. After 5 days I noticed these changes

By the Friday I noticed a boost in energy. I got up at 3:30am to commute to work. Arrived by 5:30am. Was asked to work OT so worked from 6am to 5:30pm. And still had the energy to drive home from Birmingham to Atlanta without needing to rest before hand. Getting home by 9:15pm. 

I dont know if ill go full vegetarian. But I'm definitely limiting how much meat I eat from now on. Wish I had done this sooner.

Can definitely confirm this. Been vegan for 10 months now. I have no regrets. Even feel better on the morality side of things. I don’t think everyone needs to be, but cutting down meat is good imo. 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Lemme guess, you were/are an SF4 player? 

I love SF4 😤

Beats the hell out of that trash SF5.

My daughter is about 5 months old and she just cut her first two bottom teeth.  She gets a little fussy, and she doesn't nap for very long, but she's sleeping 8 hrs straight every night so I can't complain. But man, babies take up all your time, LOL. I love every second of it, but it keeps me from posting on forums as much as I'd like to. Probably a good thing 😋

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Now is meat the only thing you gave up or were processed carbs also in the mix? I ask because usually the tired part comes about when you load up on carbs and starches.  Eliminating those may have helped as well.  

On the flip side, I got a friend of mine who is talking about going all carnivore for a bit to drop body fat quickly (ketosis). These crazy fad diets only work short term. Told him that you are better off just eating in moderation and stop eating terrible food. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
7 hours ago, odin said:

You guys remember the mid 90s Marvel Metal cards?
I always saw them in ads as a kid and thought they were the coolest thing.

I have some masterpieces only very few left. some few DR Doom cards

90s art are something that tries to emulate reality and fantasy at the same time while nowadays everything feels flat. 

7354946eb75ef41719252027ce64d9ac.jpg

I understand why they are doing this in cartoons but in art like a single illustration it's always better to make it lively atleast

Edited by Shakunetsu
21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I love SF4 😤

Beats the hell out of that trash SF5.

Iunno man, at the time there were a -lot- of people complaining about SF4....

Just depends if you like jab jab jab dp FADC ULTRA or counting frames.

I had high hopes for 5 but I'm terrible at it and it's not enjoyable. Not sure if this is even the right thread to discuss this though.

I do really like the roster for 5, it's a lot better than 4. Especially the lack of Rufus.

Eating a balanced diet may not be cool but it works.

Also, I would recommend people cut down on soda, juice, energy drinks bc the sugar content is unbelievable.

BBHoody is single and i assume he doesnt cook.

You should limit processeed snacks and diner/fast food as much as possible.

Try :

Egg Beaters (egg mixture w/o cholesterol that comes in a carton) or egg whites

salads

wheat pita and hummus(or veggies and hummus)

Soups with a clear base  (chicken noodle)

100 calorie nut packs of almonds/peanuts

Apples/blueberries

Low sugar oatmeal  or steel cut oatmeal  (Cereals and oatmeals are deceptive when it comes to sugar content)

Use vegetable oils or olive oil not lard or true butter when cooking.

I know southern cooking fans like butter/lard but a lot of times that worsens your G! symptoms.

I was able to lose 40 pounds over the last 4 years by doing this stuff.

And bc Tampa isnt a foodie capital like Chicago lol

I avoid Indian buffets now because certain curries like Butter chicken/ Chicken Tikka MAssala have a lot of heavy cream and butter which always gives me diarrhea. I dont buy ice cream because i know id eat it all in one day.

Water and Crystal light are my main beverages. Milk has a lot of sugar (Lactose is a disaccharide)

Edited by DangerousJ
54 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Now is meat the only thing you gave up or were processed carbs also in the mix? I ask because usually the tired part comes about when you load up on carbs and starches.  Eliminating those may have helped as well.  

On the flip side, I got a friend of mine who is talking about going all carnivore for a bit to drop body fat quickly (ketosis). These crazy fad diets only work short term. Told him that you are better off just eating in moderation and stop eating terrible food. 

Hmm. I had some pasta only once. Other than that, my meals were Irish brand Oats made with milk, fruit, walnuts peanut butter and hemp seed with 2 soft boiled eggs for breakfast

.budda bowl of zucchini, spinach, quinoa, tomato, avocado, and chick peas

And dinner was  2 veggie burritos made of red beans, rice, zucchini, and avocado wrapped in a wheat tortilla.

And going full carnivore? After the way this vegetarian diet got me feeling. Fuck that

@DangerousJ Hey now, I aint your typical bachelor. My sista showed me how to get down in the kitchen. Cook better than some of these women my age. 

But yeah cutting down on processed snacks is my next goal. All that sugar and crap in them is no good. I also mainly just drink water, but I need a juice thats healthy to drink. I need some flavor sometimes

Edited by BB_Hoody
14 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

But yeah cutting down on processed snacks is my next goal. All that sugar and crap in them is no good. I also mainly just drink water, but I need a juice thats healthy to drink. I need some flavor sometimes

Believe me, this is honestly the key to better health. Granted it's more expensive, I buy one of those fruit trays from Lowes Foods once a week to give me that sweetness spike to avoid candy. 

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

These crazy fad diets only work short term. Told him that you are better off just eating in moderation and stop eating terrible food. 

Apparently Weight Watchers is one of the most successful weight loss programs.  Not because their diet is particularly special, but because once you achieve your goal you become a lifetime member and basically can stay in the program for free.  And no weight loss program will have permanent effects without permanent change to what you're doing.

I have a huge collection of 90s marvel trading cards (and comics) safely in storage out in my garage. My great-grandmother use to collect random shit in her later years. Just various types of trading cards, comics, dolls,etc. When she passed away my grandfather took all the cards and comics. We went through them all several years back. It kinda blew my mind. Of course all of these things being from the 90s, none of it is really worth anything. 

Edited by Foolinfection