Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

So then.

I just took a glance at the SRK forums for the first time in forever, at Chad's suggestion

Why are any of you still there?

It has gone from slumming and random texts, to open self-destructive cheating, at this point.

Don't do that to Mega.

Don't do that to yourselves.

MisterBesus wept.

I mean we seen people go full muh freedom when it comes to covid guidelines. The stupidity and selfishness of humans 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hope, for your sake, that the Dominos wins the game of musical chairs yall have going with pizza joints. I'd hate for you to be stuck with Little Cesar's. 

No what I do is drive out to get my papa Johns now...Little Cesar's gives me the runs. Honestly there's a local place I go to once in a while that I still support. I have been going there for years (since I was a kid)  and I'd probably stick to it more if the prices weren't double what I pay for at a chain but this is the trade off for quality vs mass produced/cheap food. 

Things like that are a conflict for me. 

all this marvel talk reminded me of the UMVC3 tier list thread in Shoryuken. I actually think that the Greatest Poster had a lot to do with the direction of UMVC3's meta. I mean he foresaw Morridoom way before Chris G ever became a player. I recall HIM posting strategies of how Morridoom is so powerful and should be considered over certain characters like Wesker, and everyone said he was trolling to didn't ever play UMVC3. Months after, it became real.

That wasn't the first prophecy either. Most of the characters he said where S tier where the ones who consistently landed in the top 8's in various different teams.

Prepy banned him btw during that, and eventually that board died and so did the entire mvc franchise because MVCI was terrible and there was no one making such innovative posts that players could take note of. 

I can't wait till HE comes here. 

2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

No what I do is drive out to get my papa Johns now...Little Cesar's gives me the runs. Honestly there's a local place I go to once in a while that I still support. I have been going there for years (since I was a kid)  and I'd probably stick to it more if the prices weren't double what I pay for at a chain but this is the trade off for quality vs mass produced/cheap food. 

Things like that are a conflict for me. 

See pizza hut and papa johns runs through me

5 hours ago, weneedhim said:

all this marvel talk reminded me of the UMVC3 tier list thread in Shoryuken. I actually think that the Greatest Poster had a lot to do with the direction of UMVC3's meta. I mean he foresaw Morridoom way before Chris G ever became a player. I recall HIM posting strategies of how Morridoom is so powerful and should be considered over certain characters like Wesker, and everyone said he was trolling to didn't ever play UMVC3. Months after, it became real.

That wasn't the first prophecy either. Most of the characters he said where S tier where the ones who consistently landed in the top 8's in various different teams.

Prepy banned him btw during that, and eventually that board died and so did the entire mvc franchise because MVCI was terrible and there was no one making such innovative posts that players could take note of. 

I can't wait till HE comes here. 

I cannot believe that I am both quoting you, and, your narcissistic slapstick aside, actually agreeing with you.

But holy shite was MVC:I the worst, possibly Final Form (tm), of toxic cancer vomit.

On a side note: I'll bet you never foresaw Chun as the counter to that Spirit-Bic [Crawling] spam.

I know I sure didn't.

Not that it really matters. It literally took MVC:I for me to ultimately cede that MVC3 was not the most banal, puerile pile of Japanese bullet hell wrapped up in a metastasis of Level 3 Taste Cancer of a badly emulated, bootleg Hong Kong rip-off of an excuse for a The Offspring magnitudes of a wannabe fighting game, Shingo Kicking itself in the mirror for not being more like the most meager shade of the shadow of its superior in every conceivable way big brother, MVC2.

I sucked at MVC2. And even I know that much.

Edited by JHDK
Samsung Kollean autocorrect has almost as bad of hit-box detection as MVC3.
9 hours ago, JHDK said:

So then.

I just took a glance at the SRK forums for the first time in forever, at Chad's suggestion

Why are any of you still there?

It has gone from slumming and random texts, to open self-destructive cheating, at this point.

Don't do that to Mega.

Don't do that to yourselves.

MisterBesus wept.

Human beings can't resist watching a dumpster fire.

The political thread is funny because it is basically a gangbang against one person.

Matriarch returned only to become a sanctimonious Trumper and was treated with disdain. She ran off with her vagina between her legs.

You have a Canadian who wants to move to the backwoods of Alabama apparently.

You have a liberal who exhibits "splitting"

and would cut out half of  his/her DNA if possible.

Edited by DangerousJ
2 hours ago, JHDK said:

I cannot believe that I am both quoting you, and, your narcissistic slapstick aside, actually agreeing with you.

But holy shite was MVC:I the worst, possibly Final Form (tm), of toxic cancer vomit.

On a side note: I'll bet you never foresaw Chun as the counter to that Spirit-Bic [Crawling] spam.

I know I sure didn't.

Not that it really matters. It literally took MVC:I for me to ultimately cede that MVC3 was not the most banal, puerile pile of Japanese bullet hell wrapped up in a metastasis of Level 3 Taste Cancer of a badly emulated, bootleg Hong Kong rip-off of an excuse for a The Offspring magnitudes of a wannabe fighting game, Shingo Kicking itself in the mirror for not being more like the most meager shade of the shadow of its superior in every conceivable way big brother, MVC2.

I sucked at MVC2. And even I know that much.

The Greatest Poster didn't predict everything, but he predicted well enough that he is likely one of the main reasons why UMVC3 was successful. He predicted vergil/strider, his tier list was the only list that was consistent in longevity, and many other things.

Also, word on the street is that Chris G was a homeless bum until he snuck in  an internet cafe and used one of the computer illegally to browse through the SRK forums in which he read one of the Greatest Posters post regarding morridoom. 

16 minutes ago, Scanman said:

Thinking you're better than someone because they voted for a different political candidate (potentially, if you voted at all) than you is.... extremely stupid.

That guy has a history of mental illness long before today. He also posts random psychedelic and mumbo jumbo meant to be make him sound like a God. Anyone who's been on srk for the last 5 or so years can vouch for his behavior.

I'm not sure he even understands what he is saying.

He also tried to challenge Daboog to a martial arts match in person.

Back to the El Paso Covid Chronicles:

The County Judge order a shutdown. The Mayor claims he wasn't told about the situation and disagrees with it. He contacted the Texas Attorney General who issued an opinion calling it illegal.

The El Paso Police Department said the order was illegal and won't enforce either the Judge's curfew or the shutdown of non-essential businesses

The Sheriff's office said the order was legal and they would be enforcing it.

This might as well be a Stephen King novel at this point.

11 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Dude was a notorious letch and woman beater.  All that came out before cancelling was really a thing though.

Legendary talent, not such a great dude personally in a lot of ways though.

And yettt that hasn't stopped them from going after dead celebs lmfao. They fuckin went after John Wayne 

10 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

What characters/creatures did you dress up as when you were little?

Zombie

Vampire

Jason Voorhees

Dr. Mario

Reginald Denny

One year, like 1 0 years ago or so, Halloween fell on a Sunday. So my roommate at the time and I threw a big Footballoween party. He was a Phins fan and I was a Redskins fan, so we dressed as Mario and Luigi and wore our team jerseys  and hats with our overalls and fake moustaches. It was awesome.

Edited by Chadouken
23 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

It also got named dropped on Lower Decks, no clue if it makes Axanar canon or not as it's not clear if Lower Decks is canon or not. 

IIRC Lower Decks is canon. Never watched it. Star Trek was big for me growing up. Dad started me out with TOS. New Trek...not so much. People trying to act like Star Trek hasn't always been progressive and are missing the point of the franchise. Star Trek was about a great story with a message interwoven into a script. Now it seems to be about trying to get clout and forgetting what the point of Star Trek was in first place.

Edited by Darc_Requiem